Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw will be held tomorrow in South Africa.

http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/news/newsid=954200.html#confederations+cup+draw+live

Brazil, Spain and Italy all will be taking part. In fact we're guaranteed a big match between Brazil and one of the European teams in the group phase, as Spain and Italy can't be drawn together. That's what the rules entail: 2 teams from the same continent can't be present in the same group.

P.S. Go Pharaohs. :proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I like the stadiums they're using for it - none of the new ones, just four Super 14 rugby ones with new coats of paint. :D Says a lot about the progress of the new stadiums built, in comparison the Germans already had four built and used those.

If Iraq have their shit together for this they'll surprise some teams. Nashat Akram is a brilliant player to watch.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'll be going to the games. :happy:

I'm hoping for a group of Italy, Brazil, South Africa and New Zealand. (So that South Africa can at least win one game)
It promises to be a good competition but it would have been better if Japan or South Korea had qualified and if Australia had been allowed to represent Oceania.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Yeah I know I was referring to that. I meant that it would have been better if Australia still belonged to Oceania because then you wouldn't get weak teams like New Zealand qualifying.

·
Registered
62,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Miss World Chinese Zilin Zhang plays with a ball as she poses for photographers at Ellis Park stadium in Johannesburg on November 20, 2008. She along with other contestants will assist in the Confederations Cup draw on November 22, 2008.

Not bad.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Yeah I know I was referring to that. I meant that it would have been better if Australia still belonged to Oceania because then you wouldn't get weak teams like New Zealand qualifying.
I'm going to speak on behalf of 21.5m people when I say I'd rather be stabbed in the eye by a pencil than still be in the OFC. ;) It was the greatest moment in Australian football history when our application to join the AFC was formally accepted.

New Zealand are pretty shocking though. They lost to Fiji during the week. :D

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Probably da most important cup of 2009: Anutter chance for Ronaldinho to prove himself as he is no regular NT playa anymo.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
He won't, and Dunga won't trust him even if he plays a good tournament.

I would say it is going to be a huge opportunity for the Iraqi players to show themselves, watch for Hawar, the one who plays for Anarthosis.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
this thing is so far away.......
Ronaldinho Robinho and Kaka TORE IT UP in the last tournament, they could do it again...had we kept that team, we mightve done something in the WC...

Kaka Robinho Fabiano > everyone!
I wish Italy Spain and Brasil were all in the same group....
hopefully we get Spain and South Africa, so we can beat Italy in another final :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
on current form, spain will win this, on current form
Should win this, better said. But Brazil and Italy can beat Spain any day. Even though Spain beated Italy in the Euro, it was in the penalties, so basically Spain won the lottery that Italy use to win. At least, I guess it'll be the first time ever that Spain are seriously considered, even though this is a useless cup without any kind of prestige.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts

Miss World Chinese Zilin Zhang plays with a ball as she poses for photographers at Ellis Park stadium in Johannesburg on November 20, 2008. She along with other contestants will assist in the Confederations Cup draw on November 22, 2008.

Not bad.. :thumbsup:
I'd let her play with my balls anytime.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
so a picture of a woman kicking a ball and you think letting her play with your balls is a good thing?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
this thing is so far away.......
Ronaldinho Robinho and Kaka TORE IT UP in the last tournament, they could do it again...had we kept that team, we mightve done something in the WC...

Kaka Robinho Fabiano > everyone!
I wish Italy Spain and Brasil were all in the same group....
hopefully we get Spain and South Africa, so we can beat Italy in another final :D
Watch what you wish for. On current form Spain will beat the Brazil I've been watching. Then again June is very far away so who knows.

·
Registered
62,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so a picture of a woman kicking a ball and you think letting her play with your balls is a good thing?
She'd be worth the risk. :lick: :heart: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts