Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they really the way to go for improving your touch on the ball?

is the alignment the thing that matters?

my coach has made me do cone drills ever since 5 and i never got the point of dribbinling in and out of 15 cones in a straight line

ive always thought when is this goin to happen in a game?
everyone lined up straight waiting for me to cut them up

mayb im just being ignorant

but what do you think about cone drills?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Cone drills are not meant to improve your touch on the ball, but rather to improve your ability to carry the ball while making sudden changes of direction, as well as your agility. ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Garrincha said:
Cone drills are not meant to improve your touch on the ball, but rather to improve your ability to carry the ball while making sudden changes of direction, as well as your agility. ;)
Thats right. I have never had to work on this too much when I was younger because I could naturally keep the ball under control at high speed.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Garrincha said:
correct my friend

X

·
0 Posts
ya, cone drills is very important in soccer,as it will improve your dribbling and change of direction skills. HEh you must be pretty good at dribbling since doing cone drills when your 5 :) you can also have each cones spaced out different and some to the left and some to the right a bit if you find dribbling thourgh them staright really easy.

btw is there any other drills to improve dribbling other than dribbling through things, i.e cones, stones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts