Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that he's had a few great games this season
But I would like to know how you lot feel about his latest performances lately, I think he is definitely 3 steps below what we are used to. More so at such a crucial stage he is more than necessary

:devil: Forza Andrea! :devil:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Not worried. All players have off periods. Statistically, in terms of useful (ie complete) passes, he's still the best in Serie A.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
On the other hand it would be safe to suggest that playing against Lyon ain't exactly a piece of cake. Kaka was awful but for the last 10 minutes.
Anyway, let's hope for the best :hopefull:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
Statistics play a huge part in what you've done
We need him to play great NOW :D
I did say statistically ;) But seriously, he's had dips before and he'll have them again. But he has been, in general, very consistant :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
His freekicks are not potent anymore. Instead of goalkeeper fearing for his free kicks, Now players at the wall are shivering whenever Pirlo take the freekicks. More often than not, the ball ended up hitting the wall

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Statistically, his performances this season in terms of assists and goals are not as productive as his previous 2 seasons, mainly because:

1. We're not scoring that many goals from setpieces, which Andrea normally delivers be it from a freekick or a corner.

2. Pirlo has handed over the penalty taking duties back to Sheva after Istanbul and some misses early in the season, which has somewhat affected his confidence when taking a PK.

3. The shifting of the playmaking responsibilities among the team, which has seen Kaka, Sheva, Gilardino and Seedorf contributing more to the offense instead of Pirlo taking charge of playmaking.

4. Serginho and his crosses from the left :devil: :proud: :devil: Which means spreading the play to the flanks instead of a killer pass down the middle.

But we need a Pirlo at the top of his game to have a chance of knocking out Barcelona :hopefull:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
ilgenio said:
3. The shifting of the playmaking responsibilities among the team, which has seen Kaka, Sheva, Gilardino and Seedorf contributing more to the offense instead of Pirlo taking charge of playmaking.
:
....and less to the defensive phase.

Great analysis Genio :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
ilgenio said:
But we need a Pirlo at the top of his game to have a chance of knocking out Barcelona :hopefull:
definitely miss his amazing free kick goals from earlier in the season. barcelona's not a bad time to deliver one (or more) of those gems.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
I would say it is mostly a confidence problem for Pirlo at the moment. He is doing a very good work in defense and wins quite a bit of balls, but his distibution is not what it can be and have been. Its like he is a bit slower on the ball, turns slower, thinks slower. The times he do pass of course the precision of those passes are unprecedented in this team.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'm extremely worried about Andrea's form.. Its true this "blck" period happens for all players, but for Pirlo, a genius, it doesn't seem to be easily passing..

Defensively he's been a cause of great concern for me really..

His passes are still great, but he's just not the killer that started this season!!

I hope he scores at the derby or against Barca, i think this will turn his morale around & he'll get back on track for Milan..

FORZA ANDREA!!!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
There have been a number of games this season where I have had to check to see if Pirlo was even on the field. The last few matches, what really has concerned me is he loses the ball far easily that before. Perhaps it was due to more pressure from the opposing midfield, but generally Pirlo does better with the ball.

I am not worried about his scoring rate and that sort of thing, but Pirlo is on the field because teh offense tends to flow through him. If he is not being used in that manner (other players are setting the pace or whatever) then Pirlo should not be on the field. He serves one purpose; setting the pace and igniting the offense.

I say this as a huge fan of Pirlo (he may be my favorite rossonero at teh moment, no offense to Sheva, Maldini and Serginho) but I think there is something to it. Pirlo is there for distribution, those long passes and setting teh pace.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
he had a brilliant pass to sheva, who knocked it in, only for kaka to mess up the shot....

i think his form is picking up, though he was awful vs lyon, he did seem good vs fiore....and today i would rate him a 6.5

seedorf was immense though, glad to see him on form!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts