I believe that Panama will show some spunk, but in the end won't be able to produce wins at home to big sides or any results away from home, leaving them at the foot of the table. I will still be rooting them on, though, (unless they come to endanger the USA - which I doubt)
1) USA - The best team in this region, great talent, seem to be coming together as a team. Sometimes struggle in adverse away conditions, but should advance easily with great home results.
2) Mexico - Long the strongest team in this region, still seem to be coming to grasp being dethroned by the brave Americans. Have great individual talent, and an overwhelming home stadium in Azteca, so qualification should be fairly simple.
3) Costa Rica - Despite having somewhat struggles in the first phase of qualifiers, the Ticos are still strong and given the relatively weak group, they should achieve automatic promotion.
4) Guatemala - Guatemala's intimidating home should lead to many good home results, giving them a chance to advance to the play-offs on the back of the goals of Ruiz.
5) Trinidad & Tobago - I will not lie, my knowledge of the T&T is limited, but from what I've seen they have a strong core, but seem to struggle when players go out injured. Should fight Guatemala for the 4th spot.
6) Panama - The plucky Panamese are capable of pulling off an upset or two, but in the end lack the depth to create real problems for the big three.
1. USA: No doubt they are the best team. 2. Mexico: Too big for the other 4. Its a fact. 3. Costa Rica Experience and organization
4. Panamá: Speed and tough home pitch. but unexperienced in do it or die situations.
5. Trinidad y Tobago: Will get a couple of "favours" Concacaf Prez is Trinitarian.
6. Guatemala. Sorry but they dont have what it takes.
Well, seems that the top three are pretty solidified in terms of peoples opinions. I have do agree that USA-Mexico-Costa Rica will be the top three. The battle for that fourth spot should prove to be interesting.
Exactly right. Although in this crazy time of football, who knows?
I doubt we'll see much of a shake up in the top two, and I stand by my first predictions, but I think that it wouldn't be that much of a suprise to see Guatemala, Panama, or the T&T advancing automatically. These sides lack the quality of the big three, but have enough pluck to pull out some big wins.
The top three don't even need an explanation, they are clearly the three most talented teams in the CONCACAF. United States, Mexico and Costa Rica - in that specific order will go through to the next round.
My knowledge of such countries like Panama are limited, but I seriously feel it would be a tough task for them to go ahead of Guatemala and Trinidad; who to be fair, seem to be much more consistent IMO.
4-Trinidad and Tobago