1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Whoo-hoo! I was thinking about calling your house at 7 am this morning, Hern! :D

But I was too busy screamiing and jumping sround! :happy:

Today is the happiest day of my last four years! All my disappointment from France, humiliation from all USA bashers, gone! ALL GONE! :howler:

GO USA!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Bashers ?? Where ?? :dielaugh:

Concacaf has a clean slate ...whereas my S American brothers bit the dust twice ;)

:cool:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oldsocfan said:
Whoo-hoo! I was thinking about calling your house at 7 am this morning, Hern! :D
It is a good thing you didn't, I was a mess about then. I probably would have started crying like a baby, I was so happy. :D

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
I did, Hern! I cried on my wife's shoulder for good three minutes when WorldCup 2 Nite came on, and I saw how happy Rob Stone, Dave and Paul were! :D

Just years of frustrations, thats what it was! :happy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
You two should have seen Oldplayer! He was as giddy as a school girl! What a game!

As for CONCACAF, though I disdain the Mexican side, it is nice to see our "weak" region show up to play!

·
Registered
74 Posts
And the reason this would not constitute a result in a thread title would be...?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
if CONCACAF continues with this super results
FIFA should grant them another spot in the World CUP 2006

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
If that's the case I motion for Chile to be moved to the Concacaf Federation !!!!!!!!!!!!

bahawah !!!!!!!!!!! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dudley Smith said:
And the reason this would not constitute a result in a thread title would be...?
Hmmmm....I see you point, though an exact score is not mentioned.

Welcome to the U.S. forum Dudley.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Alter Ego said:
if CONCACAF continues with this super results
FIFA should grant them another spot in the World CUP 2006
Asia should loose a slot based on how poorly Saudi Arabia and China has played thus far ... Iran would have been a better rep for the region, IMHO.

I don't like counting chickens when I see only eggs. The tournament is not yet over but, this has been the best, most competetive World Cup, to date; and it all started with that opening match between Senegal & France. Senegal through down the gauntlet and the rest of the so called "also ran", picked it up and started running.

S. Korea whipped Poland, badly
S. Africa clawed back to tie Paraguay.
Ireland, is still kicking & screaming, twice
Germany staking their claim to their pedigree
Sweden not laying down
Japan outclassing fancied Belgium
Mexico out working Croatia
even Tunesia stretching Russia

and ... today ... USA humbeling "favorites" Portugal.

I guess Olivera and his lads didn't take to heart the statements made by Edgar Davids after the USA v. Holland match, ... AND "FANS OF USA SOCCER" on Xtratime.

OBTW, the next game for the US will be even tougher than the game v. Portugal, IMHO. The S. Koreans will need point(s) from the game if they hope to advance. Portugal is still a threat, they will still be fancied to take their remaining games (v. S. Korea and Poland). We also have to hope that Portugal beats Poland.

·
Registered
674 Posts
TP,

All this puts us in the unexpected position of being best served by a South Koren win over Portugal. Our trip through would be eased considerably.

Nonetheless, we've had comradary with Portugues friends on this Board for some months. I said I would pull for their team and I gladly will. Their players made no (or at least, few) excuses and showed some class in their loss.

Oldplayer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts