734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both were parma's strikers in the 03-04 season
both left one to milan one to inter

and which team got the better player?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its hard to say. they really are two different types of strikers. Adriano is world class, even if his current form of late hasnt been up to his standards. he has pace, strength, height, great skills and a brilliant powerful accurate shot.

Gilardino is more of a poacher type striker...he is like inzaghi but with more skill.

Gilardino plays with milan and has kaka and shevchenko supporting him. Milan is the better than inter and play a different style.

I believe if both were in form, Adriano is the better player. But tboh inter and milan got the strikers they required for their set up.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Adriano gives more to the team with his play, but Gilardino finishes chances better.

It depends on what style you want your team to play but, overall, I'd probably take Adriano, he is a remarkable specimen, physically.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
roma/totti said:
Both were parma's strikers in the 03-04 season
both left one to milan one to inter

and which team got the better player?
The question is which player moved to the better club

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ive always questioned Adriano since his leave from Parma. he is the main man at Inter and needs to do alot more. Gilardino is rather just a player at Milan and so even if the pressure is high, it is not so high and even still... he has scored more in Serie A than Adriano and probably hasnt played as many minutes, but I cant confirm that.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
On form Adriano. On average Gilardino. Gilardino is not only a great poacher, but has many more assists than Adriano.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The thing which annoys me about Adriano is that he is a striker who thinks he can play on the wing and do things. He should just stay upfront and use his power to score goals like Vieri used to... this is what Gila does and does it well.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
roma/totti said:
jeez how long has adriano been out of form? 1-2 years now, maybe just maybe he just sucks.
You are wrong (as usual), he was great with Brazil whenever he played.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Macumba said:
You are wrong (as usual), he was great with Brazil whenever he played.
I remember two years ago it used to be the and the Serie A fans defending him against the brazilians who many thought Luis Fabiano was better. :howler:

Now it's the opposite

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
They are both entirely different players. I do believe they would make a great match. It would be interesting to see how they would perform if they formed a couple at Inter or at Milan (leave the other strikers out of it for this example). I wonder at which club they'd be better?

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Alberto Gilardino anytime...

I have seen them both play first hand, and Adriano though has
a lot of talent. His decision making is very questionable

1 - 17 of 17 Posts