Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it, I don't understand the diffference. Someone tells me how someone like Figo dribbles and you can see the talent and how he gets by people, but somehow, JZ dribbles so smooth and straight and no one can stop him..how is he so unstoppable yet so easy and smooth?

·
Registered
27,293 Posts
Al Capone said:
I don't get it, I don't understand the diffference. Someone tells me how someone like Figo dribbles and you can see the talent and how he gets by people, but somehow, JZ dribbles so smooth and straight and no one can stop him..how is he so unstoppable yet so easy and smooth?
Zanetti is just a great player. he's a pretty slow ****er, but it's so hard to take the ball away from him.

Zanetti is not an Ibrahimovic or C. Ronaldo type "show off" dribbler, everything he does has a purpose. That's a mark of only the great players.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I don't get it...its driving me nuts..how do you dribble in a straight line and not have anyone steal the ball from you, let alone even knock you down!

·
Registered
27,293 Posts
Al Capone said:
But I don't get it...its driving me nuts..how do you dribble in a straight line and not have anyone steal the ball from you, let alone even knock you down!
Because, Dejan Stankovic showed him a thing or two in practice. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
JZ is a veteran. He is blessed with a LOT of talent. More than Figo I feel. Have you noticed - every touch of JZ is inch perfect, every pass is perfectly weighted, every dribble of his is so well placed that it gets his opponent out of the equation.

He has the perfect mentality. He simply has the art of getting past players without doing stepovers . . and it's a very rare art. The only other person who seems to have this art is Kaka. I think JZ's dribbling style shows more class. No doubt Figo is a class player but JZ is just that other level.

Another thing about JZ is that he doesn't EVER seem to loose balance under pressure (except once in that Villareal game right at the start cuzve the greasy pitch). He ALWAYS seems composed and well balanced when being put under pressure ! Thats awesome.

Dribbling in a straight line is really hard i feel. Its all about pushing the ball in such a direction and with the optimum pace so that your marker can't get to it without blatantly fouling you, and JZ's dribbles often don't even allow his marker to blatantly foul him ! So it's like impossible to stop JZ !

vlep - No way in hell am I gonna let JZ4 run at me mate ! I would make a freakin fool of myself.

p.s. - Im the captain of my college football team. position - DM.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
AND AND AND , you don't need to be fast if youve got the balance and amooth dribbling skills of JZ4.

And anyway, I think JZ is much faster than Figo.

Out formation for the next leg should be -

Toldo

JZ4---------Cordoba----------Samuel--------???? (Anyone is better than Wome)

Stanko------Veron--------Cambo-----------Figo

-------------Recoba -----A10------------------

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
As a Right Back, JZ will always have more Space than Figo... generally.

JZ can choose to Start his runs with spaces right in front. When an opposition start to confront him, JZ's Speed is already higher, than initially launched.

Interestingly, JZ chooses to continue / increase speed, than to slow and do those fanciful stuffs. And he does it pass defenders Amazingly well. The proper touches of the ball are so important, as they will assist or hinder the distance... from the dribbler.

While Figo are always in a tighter situation with Defenders, other than a counter attacking move. Figo is also versatile in many ways. I m not sure of his defending,

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Who needs a playmaker when we have got one at Right Back .

hahaha . . the first team to have a playmaker at RB.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
A10 & Rishabh said it. You need to measure things up before you start dribbling. JZ does it perfectly. That shows how intelligent he is. He doesn't always try to dribble past players because at RB, he runs a great risk of losing the ball and conceding a dangerous counter-attack if he overdoes it. Figo can afford all the fancy dribbling he wants because he's usually got at least one player covering up for him.

Zanetti's almost always chooses the perfect pace and knows his path before he starts his run. A10 also mentioned a very important aspect: Touching the ball and the distance you want it to travel every time you do so. In tight spaces, you need to keep the ball glued to your feet, once you find that opening, you send the ball to a farther distance to get rid of the oppposition and use your speed.

JZ is very good with his feet and has a great vision of the people around him. That's why you see him getting out of tight spaces & situations easily. He also knows how to use his body to dribble and overpower defenders.

JZ is a master. A great. A legend. One of the most underrated players of all time. There's no RB alive that is better than him. Still, lot of people dont rate him.

To me, he is the perfect footballer. He's got the full package. Defend, Attack, passes, shots, positioning, intelligence, grit, spirit.. You name it. That is why he is my role model in football.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think one of zanetti's greatest strength is that he knows exactly when to dribble and when not to. Yes he never does those fancy crossovers but his decision making is perfect.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
dont know about that, but what i do know is that in the game vs Arsenal 2 years ago where we lost 1-5, Henry made one of his famous runs with the ball, but he couldnt outpace Zanetti, until he dribbled past him and scored, and this is Henry we are talking about ;).. if Zanetti can keep pace with Henry i believe he could with anyone out there

·
Registered
43,759 Posts
Razman got it right. But JZ doesn't just run in a straght line. He changes direction by pushing the ball in a direction that will leave his opponent for dead. And he always keeps his balance.

The commentator last night said he's the best right back around. At least that's a start. ;) Some of us were part of the minority who supported JZ in the Cafu vs JZ "debate". If everyone who voted for Cafu watched this match, I bet you'd have several people change their minds.

I asked Devious for a JZ compilation before. Well, I'm still waiting, buddy! But this last match was a compilation on its own. I'm not too pleased with the result. But I'm downloading it for JZ's performance. :star: Everyone should do the same. :stuckup:

·
Banned
734 Posts
Al Capone said:
running out of good topics al capone?

·
Registered
43,759 Posts
No one has actually pointed this out yet when talking about JZ's intelligence in making his runs. When JZ begins one of his trademark runs, you'll find that he hardly does this with clear space in front of him. In such a situation, he would move forward at a normal pace and look to pass the ball off. His trademark runs usually begin when a player (or more than one player ;) ) is close to him. He does this because the player won't have any time to react to the launch of his run. If he ran at the guy from far away, it would be easier to read his movement. That makes it so much more effective. Of course, we all know what happens after he gets started. What a player.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
roma/totti said:
running out of good topics al capone?
I think this is a good topic, never paid attention to Zanetti's on the field antics before yesterday to tell you the truth

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Al Capone said:
I think this is a good topic, never paid attention to Zanetti's on the field antics before yesterday to tell you the truth

so you have never seen hiM play before yesterday? thats pretty sad considering your an inter fan :confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts