Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah,
The Brazilian grand prix is this weekend and nothing better for Rubinho Barichello to win it. Let's hope so. He was actually born in that neighbourhood in Sao Paulo, Interlagos.
My brother is going to the race...lucky bugger!
Today is 40 years since the legend Ayrton Senna was coming to the world!! Long live Senna, he'll be forever in our hearts!!!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
forca independente em prol do grande corinthians
LEALDADE HUMILDADE E PROCEDIMENTO
THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER!!!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Alright, Ze, here we go again with the little F1 intersection...

My main goals for the race (in order of importance)

Schuhmacher NOT winning

Schuhmacher NOT within points

Poor Alex Wurz in any sort of shine

Rubens finishing second after Alex or winning

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alexx,
what about Schumacher crashing in the "S of Senna" in the first lap?? that would be brilliant!!
I'm a bit off Forumula 1, as i'm living in America, and as usual their is no decent coverage.
What team does Wurts runs for?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
So here, Ze, in terms of coverage it's advantage to me. Premiere World Pay TV which I mentioned in the other topic, even sports a six channel covarage. Like master signal, view from the leader, view from the followers, view into the boxes (models and stuff...), etc

Alex Wurz had a good start in Formula 1. When Gerhard Berger had his final season in constant pain of that serious teeth inflamation problem, he finally went to hospital for some major surgery. Benneton gave Wurz his seat (he was test driver for a couple of month) and Wurz secured a cool 3rd place (in a not so strong car). That was sort of a problem as well, as Gerhard suddenly felt the heat from a youngster he helped, but never feared as being a threat.

When Berger retired at the end of that season, Wurz got the Benneton. Since then the car went weaker and weaker and Wurz sort of fell back behind Fisicella. There is great (maybe positive) rivalry between the youngsters and they started out as the boy band of F1. Young, cool, eager and fast.

But since then they struggle and their cars got passed by the Jordans and are threatened by weaker teams.

Gerhard Berger now is back in F1 as a sport diredtor of BMW racing (the deliver engines for Williams and will end up with a team of their own, maybe they buy Williams). So Gerhard is in Brazil now and I'm sure he will give out a firm message on Senna 40es day of birth. They were real good friends and Airton for sure remains in his heart until his own final day.

And Jan, to be quicker than your reminder, this is definitely a football orientated post, as Rubens B. is a Corinthians fan :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jan,
Senna was too a Corinthians fanatic. You can check is photo out on the official corinthians site www.corinthians.com.br , click o "Torcida" and then look for "torcedores famosos". You'll find him their!!

Alexx,
jochen rindt was austrian was he? If he was , is a real big hero overthere? The only driver to die before being world champion!! what a record!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Alexx,once again we agree...I would like EVERYONE to win BUT Schumacher...I HATE him and the damn hype around him...my hate sports list:

1) Man Utd
2) Pippo Inzaghi
3) Michael Schumacher

I always had a small sympathty for Baricello and Villeneuve...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amoroso,
funnily enough, Ive never met someone that likes Schumacher.!!
Everyone in Brazil seems to hate him, like they did with Prost. I hate him also, the only driver i hated more was Prost, also disliked Mansell despite him being English.
also hated Michael Adretti, what a loser!
Can only drive in Ovals, guess they din't teach him how to turn the steering wheel!!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Amo, always at your service when it comes to agreeing...

However (as I mentioned in the other topic), as a Parmalat guy, your weak spot for brazilian teams must be the unmentionable. Impossible to agree here... :)

As for the hate list, I really don't consider Pippo that important to rank so high on any list (plus the story with the girl :) ), so I would replace him with bayern München.

I totally agree on Man U, though. And that gave me big satisfaction while attending the Supercup last August, ha ha :)

And what an interesting incident the day after. At one of the Nizza beaches six overweight Man supporters came down to sit fully dressed for like 5 hours in the sheer sun and drank beer all the time, of course.
For some reason their french beach-waiter appeared "not polite enough" and they constantly tried to pick a fight (they need that, don't they). The french chap just ate it over and over again until he stood up aginst it.

The Man supporters of course theatened him in an astonishingly agressive fashion, but the guy (a rather fragile man) did not back up. So, the biggest and boldest of them invitened the waiter to join him and his party upstairs.

And the guy actually did it. Then a rather frightening part started. All of a sudden the six Man supporters and the waiter were joined by some other beach-waiters running up to the street as well. I'm not into violence at all, but that was the moment of temptation to check what's happening. When upstairs all what I could see was the completely surprised chief of Man supporter aggression and his broken nose and the other Man supporters running away...

After having to listen to their ongoing loudmouthy threatening, I did find that moment rather cool.

Ze, on Jochen Rindt, I don't know about the very youngsters among my country's racing fans, but Jochen should still be a hero. He was the cool popstar racer and that outshined for many Niki Lauda's really amazing career. Lauda was world-champion a couple of times, had all sorts of records and race wins, but was always only kind of cheered and respected, but not really madly loved and idolized like Jochen Rindt.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If the "unmentionable" is Palmeiras,then you are tottaly right!

VIVA PALMEIRAS!!!!!

VIVA ALEX!
VIVA JUNIOR AND ROQUE JUNIOR!
VIVA ZINHO!
VIVA ASPRILLA!
VIVA ARCE!

Ze Da Fiel,I can defend against every nuclear attack so dont try it... :)

------------------

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amoroso,
don't pollute this respectable forum with words from that other "thing" from across the town! No pigs aloud in the brazilian forum!!!!

NOw Rubinho lost...his car broke down....but that's ok, he showed that he is big, and their is always San Marino around the corner. I hate San Marino Gp...it always remembers me from 94 when our legand died!! And they always have boring races

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Too bad Häkkinen had to retire so early, it would have been a great race.

You wouldn't believe the F1 hype we have here. Although hockey is the most popular sport here, after every grand prix there's nothing else on sports pages. Even Häkkinen's new haircut was front-page news. And don't get me started on the media coverage after both of Mika's championships. There was a plaza named after Mika last year (kinda pathetic place, really) and they never do that to living people.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
PALMEIRAS O PALMEIRAS!

VIVA GRANDE PALMEIRAS!!!!!

PALMEIRAS i campion del Brazil!!!!

hehehehe,I love to tease you Ze... :)

------------------

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Amo, you devil, watch you're mouth, you can't do that...still I give you a smile (for this time) :)

As for F1, :( it really went wrong full thottle. Mika out, Rubens out, poor Alex didn't even come from the starting line and the bastard did it again... mon dieu :(

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Amoroso,
The champions of Brazil for two consecutive seasons in the ALL POWERFUL CORINTHIANS!!! Also the last Sao Paulo state champion in Corinthians...a title Palmeiras does not win since 94!!hahahha. And the WORLD champions is: I wont even name it otherwise the humiliation will be to big.

Alexx,
FOr you Alex Wurtz....he fel in the training session over the tyres..did you see that?
Kafka, until last season i wanted Mika to win....but now with Rubinho with real chances of winning of course my support goes solely to him and Ricardo Zonta. But 90% goes to Rubinho Barrichello

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Ze, what you gave Amo was real kind. He deserved nuking, though :)

I'm aware of all sort of training problems of Alex (he lost ALL rounds supposed to be quick to that "session stopped"-situations), but he fell over tyres ?. You mean by walking, he actually fell over tyres, no I hope not.

He's a rather cool guy, though, and is praised for having the best webpage of all drivers. But his luck this season so far is nonexistent. As Renault bought Benneton, I fear for some frenchy in his seat soon

And Amo, goddammit, FORCA CORINTHIANS, the BEST

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah,
in the training session his car broke down, and then he climbed some tyres and fell in the middle of them!! The brazilian tv was showing it all the time...also the dog taht invaded the track on friday, it was funny all those guys running after the dog, and all the drivers waiting to get on the track!!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Oh my god, so Alex now turned from a cool guy to Marx Brothers combined...what a shame...

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
What did you guys think of the billboards falling off on saturday. I think it was embarrassing for the organizers. It's a multi-billion dollar business and then they can't get the advertisement boards off the track.

I'm sorry for you Ze but really, Rubinho has no chance of winning the title any more. (unless Schumacher gets injured again) 14 points is so much that Rubinho won't be allowed to win races if Schumi is second. If he was allowed ever, that is.

Alexx, some "expert" here said that Wurtz loses more than half a second every lap to Fisichella because of his size. What do you think of that?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kafka,
agree with you...although i din't think he was going to win the title anyway, cause as Alexx said....Ferrari wants Shumacher. But anyway, next year they will probably go with Rubinho, cause he will CONQUER the Ferrari Tifosi, cause he is so cool, and he's got an italian NAME!!hehe But he'll win a couple of grand prix....if it rains in Monaco that one is his for sure! And if it rains anywhere Rubinho gets it!
about the advertisement banners...that was a shame, lack of supervision!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

1 - 20 of 341 Posts