Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Spain was robbed of two clear goals today :( The ball did not go over the line in extra time and Spain should have won, and there was the other one with Morientes offside, he wasn't interferring with the play.

Well bad luck and a good tournament a quarter final finish should be taken in good heart :)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Second goal I dunno, the ball didn't cross the line but the referee blew his whistle and it was obvious the Koreans stopped. The header didn't look unstoppable... but the first...

·
Registered
9 Posts
que verguenzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: ...etc

·
Registered
605 Posts
I can understand wrong offside decisions; I can even understand wrong penalty decisions, but a linesman waving his flag for a goal kick when the ball that hadn't gone out of play, that's the absolute pits. I think this farce about having officials from all over the world must end as soon as possible.
My commiserations to all the Spanish supporters.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
its not a conspiracy but looking at the replay, dont you think its a bit dodgy that the linesman put his flag up when morientes went to go to header the ball and not when joaquin crossed it in.

it just seems to me that if it was off he would of flagged when he thought the ball went out.

injustice but we can like italy hold our heads high knowing what should of been

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
man_an said:
I can understand wrong offside decisions; I can even understand wrong penalty decisions, but a linesman waving his flag for a goal kick when the ball that hadn't gone out of play, that's the absolute pits. I think this farce about having officials from all over the world must end as soon as possible.
My commiserations to all the Spanish supporters.
Whats wrong with having officials from "all around the world"..

Perhaps we should let Spain, Italy, Germany, and England play football and the whole world should just watch and admire their greatness from the stands ?

One of the greatest referees comes from Maldives Islands, a country Iran beat one year ago 17-0 ! Besides, some of the worst calls of this world cup were made by referees from Europe:

Italy - Croatia : 2 clear goals dissallowed by ENGLISH referee

Italy - Mexico: 2 goals dissallowed, by a Danish linesman I believe

Mexico - USA: Clear handball on O'Brien and penalty/red card not called by Portuguese referee

Germany - USA: Clear penalty against Germany for a handball not called by Scottish referee

Getting to the point now, I think the linesman totally screwed up with that call and it should have been a goal but the referee noticed the flag and whistled before the ball was headed so the Spaniards dont have a good case because the Koreans stopped, at least not like the Italians.

Having said the above, I think its about time people like Joaquin and the coach stop b*tching about every foul (did you see the Camacho complaining about a blatant offside against his own tema? what did he want? the big screen in the stadium showed it was a very obvious offside) because that certainly annoys and distracts the referees..

All in all, Spain played much better and its a pity a team like Korea (a team not good enough to be in the world cup in the first place if it werent played in Korea) is in the semi-finals of the most boring world cup in history.

They can enjoy it all they want, but I dont see how they could possible do if its clear to the entire world that they are a crappy team.. This is depressing, teams like that ruin football.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This Sucks!!!!

I totally agree with Sabry...to see a non-entity like Korea in the last four of the premier football event in the world is laughable. Those guys wouldn't even have won a game if the Cup hadn't been played in Korea. They were absolutely out of their league today and it showed....unfortunately, Spain has a psychological block about succeeding in the World Cup and they went out. I don't know what to say about the referee...personally, I thought that he did a pretty good job but was let down by his linesmen. Can anybody here imagine Korea lifting the Jules Rimet trophy? After what I saw today it's enough to make me give up football for good....gotta love that home cooking.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Be warned...

If you complain - which you should, and loudly,
Those @ssholes from FIFA will smear your country -
be ready for a racist remark from that dirtbag K. Cooper, the mouthpiece who claimed that "some cultures respond better to elimination than others" when Italy protested.

This competition was rigged. There's no doubt about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One Last Thing

Oh Yeah...I forgot to say that I'm totally convinced that we'll never-ever see Spain a World Cup....Nepal will win befoe Spain does, of this I'm sure....

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Re: One Last Thing

ulical said:
Oh Yeah...I forgot to say that I'm totally convinced that we'll never-ever see Spain a World Cup....Nepal will win befoe Spain does, of this I'm sure....
Korea is guaranteed to equal Spain's best finish in a WC, fourth place. Resulting from some atrocious refereeing. :yuck:

·
Registered
42 Posts
What to Say...

I can't say anything because I've been throught this crap so many times before....Belgium in 86...Yugoslavia in 90...Italy in 94...England in 96...France in 2000....Isn't it ridiculous???? Right now I'm spechless...simply because Korea didn't do ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! They were found out and still made it through to the semis...We may never again see Korea win another game because really, humor me, how much luck can one team have? I mean, I've heard of "home cooking" but this is ridiculous. I've watched the replays of both goals and it's downright laughable...how could somebody blow calls like that?...My solution is hey, your ass can't make it to the World Cup, keep your sandlot referees at home with you. Oh well, I guess I'll be putting on my Brazil/Senegal/Turkey shirt...and looking forward to seeing Korea get drubbed but good...

·
Errant Wolf
1,244 Posts
No hay que ser ningún genio para darse cuenta que España iva a perder. Si España hubiese ganado... ¿ cuánto dinero creéis que hubiesen recuadado en taquilla en los partidos que quedan? desde luego muy poco. Hay muy pocos aficionados europeos y africanos en korea-japón, por eso están rellenando los huecos que quedan en los estadios con koreanos a los que les dejan entrar gratis... cuando más dinero recaudan es cuando juega Korea. Sí amigos, el fútbol no es sólo un deporte... también es un negocio.

Esto huele a chamusquina.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What to Say...

I can't say anything because I've been throught this crap so many times before....Belgium in 86...Yugoslavia in 90...Italy in 94...England in 96...France in 2000....Isn't it ridiculous???? Right now I'm spechless...simply because Korea didn't do ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! They were found out and still made it through to the semis...We may never again see Korea win another game because really, humor me, how much luck can one team have? I mean, I've heard of "home cooking" but this is ridiculous. I've watched the replays of both goals and it's downright laughable...how could somebody blow calls like that?...My solution is hey, your ass can't make it to the World Cup, keep your sandlot referees at home with you. Oh well, I guess I'll be putting on my Brazil/Senegal/Turkey shirt...and looking forward to seeing Korea get drubbed but good...

·
Registered
42 Posts
This Sucks!!!!

I totally agree with Sabry...to see a non-entity like Korea in the last four of the premier football event in the world is laughable. Those guys wouldn't even have won a game if the Cup hadn't been played in Korea. They were absolutely out of their league today and it showed....unfortunately, Spain has a psychological block about succeeding in the World Cup and they went out. I don't know what to say about the referee...personally, I thought that he did a pretty good job but was let down by his linesmen. Can anybody here imagine Korea lifting the Jules Rimet trophy? After what I saw today it's enough to make me give up football for good....gotta love that home cooking.

·
Registered
210 Posts
"For The Good Of The Game"???
What's that sh*t all about FIFA?!!
I'm SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK of incompetent refs & linesmen. When will we be able to enjoy FOOTBALL without having them destroying the game?
Sure they're humans, not machines. So if we already know for hundreds of years that humans make mistakes, why not have video replays to help the officials judge whether it's an offside goal or whether the tackle is intentional or not? Right there during the match & NOT after it! You know, FIFA, you'd be saved from some nasty criticisms. :rolleyes:

Abt Korea progressing this far, well I have to agree with u guys that they'd have not made it without the WC being held in their country & their noisy fans supporting like mad. I'm Asian but I just don't feel their pride. Dubious decisions have been helping them & why should I feel proud of that?

¡¡¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!!!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
:mad: Mad.. thats what i am feeling rite now. Isn't it amazing that all these wrong referee-ing decisions have all come during korean matches i.e. vs. portugal, italy, and now spain?! :confused: :eek: Its sad to see Hierro playing in his last game, but at least we leave the World Cup knowing that we played well and shud have gone through if it wasn't for bad referee's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts