Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this on ArsenalTalk:

This was the crest that was embedded into the members newsletter, so I'd be banking on this being on the Highbury commemorative crest for next season.

Looks alright.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the biggest one available at the moment. I tried to enlarge it in Photoshop but it looked crap.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Looks just as great as the upcoming shirts..hmm... :)

No really, It's a good intention and it will be something special to have that shirt in our collections. "This is the official shirt from the last year at Highbury" we will say to our grandchildren who will look up at us and say "Highbury? What..." and before they finish their sentence we will give them the complete history of Highbury and the Highbury greats! Isn't it lovely? ;) hehe

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
the perfect ending would be for arsenal to leave Highbury as Champions, that would be perfect, just perfect.

·
Registered
110 Posts
it looks okay.. oldiesh, but okay.. damn I havent been to Highbury, and in a year they are moving.. :(

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
This is what I really love from Arsenal. We never forget our root and we keep the tradition. :)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
This is what I really love from Arsenal. We never forget our root and we keep the tradition. :)
Although I must say I had my doubts when they gave us the new "super logo" which we use now...
I will never get used to that blue...thing. :yuck:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
They should also put the name "Dial" on the crest for old time's sake.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
khimik said:
... we are wearing yellow next season.
We better! :proud:

Oh and the commemorative Highbury crest does look nice! :shades:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Wakky said:
I will never get used to that blue...thing. :yuck:

Neither do I. Well, I like blue color, but it's just not for us. Apparently we sucked so bad everytimes we wear blue.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andr3w said:
They should also put the name "Dial" on the crest for old time's sake.
That's Pre-Highbury. We were Dial Square until 1890-ish, and we aren't commemorating the old Plumstead Commons ;).

Trivia - Arsenal's home kit was supposed blue and black barred stripes, exactly like how Inter Milan have. :yuck:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
khimik said:
That's Pre-Highbury. We were Dial Square until 1890-ish, and we aren't commemorating the old Plumstead Commons ;).
Well that is true, however Dial Square is such a nice name for a football club. I think I will always call you lot Dial fans from now on. :D

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
khimik said:
Stop posting on our board.
:D Is it really your board, though? In all honesty, in this whole thread, he's the only British poster, let alone English. Unless Twayka is English...

I know your story, Khimik, so I know you're a real supporter, but when people from Indonesia and Kyrgystan (sorry about the spelling) 'support' a club when they have absolutely no reason to it bothers me. Especially when they're talking about Highbury as a great place when they haven't ever been there!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts