Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't really Casillas's fault, though; Madrid were dire. They were without soccer sensation Dave Becks, replaced by second-rate Beckham wannabe Guti - not as good at football, not as good at haircuts, not as good at clothes, not as good at having a pretty face and, married to revolting society thing, Arantxa de Benito, not even as good at choosing a wife (but, presumably, better at going out with actresses that used to be actors).

Subbed in the second half, Guti whinged "how easy it is to make changes round here", and he had a point: Carlos Queiroz, limited by an absurdly short squad and the, ahem, "restrictions" of the must-play Galácticos, keeps making the same changes, regardless of performances. Yet while Guti wasn't Madrid's worst player, with him in the middle Madrid created nothing for an almost absent Ronaldo. And, as Marca's Julian Ruiz put it: "Madrid without Ronaldo is like a garden without flowers. A sad, withering garden."

Prancing round that garden, skipping gaily, earth-shudderingly and giggling was Atlético Madrid's tubby Godfather Jesús Gil. His belly heaving in delight, his nostrils full of past-it pollen, Gil could afford to laugh: Atléti have moved into a Champions League place and, he said, they'll soon catch their city rivals.

"Real Madrid were dreadful. So much money makes you too bourgeois. That's the law of life. With such luxury they don't have the stomach to sacrifice themselves," burped big-bellied multi-millionaire Gil with magnificent, if inadvertent, irony. "We're not so small. Don't forget David and Goliath."

:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,959 Posts
Tony Montana said:
It wasn't really Casillas's fault, though; Madrid were dire. They were without soccer sensation Dave Becks, replaced by second-rate Beckham wannabe Guti - not as good at football, not as good at haircuts, not as good at clothes, not as good at having a pretty face and, married to revolting society thing, Arantxa de Benito, not even as good at choosing a wife (but, presumably, better at going out with actresses that used to be actors).

I must be stone blind not to get the connection between the image of a footballplayer and his qualities on pitch! what's this all about, Tony? and what in hell has Guti's wife to do with football?
:eek:
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Re: Re: Comical Home Truths

lili said:
and what in hell has Guti's wife to do with football?
:eek:
I don't know, but she is no longer his wife either.

That was one heck of a funny post ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,959 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Comical Home Truths

barça said:
I don't know, but she is no longer his wife either.

That was one heck of a funny post ;)
i don't love that people make fun about my team's players. :eek:
Besides, Guti is just sweet compared to some Cules for example.:tongue: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Comical Home Truths

lili said:
i don't love that people make fun about my team's players. :eek:
Besides, Guti is just sweet compared to some Cules for example.:tongue: :D
if your going to talk about Reizeger you might aswell mention his name:D :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,959 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Comical Home Truths

Maz said:
if your going to talk about Reizeger you might aswell mention his name:D :tongue:
it's Reiziger, Maz and not the only one weird looking in Barca. But like i've said, i don't care so much about their image.;)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top