Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright lads, I've been watching and following the Premiership this season, (and also the serie A, of course) I'm enjoying the fact that Liverpool and Arsenal are really making it interesting, and I have been intrigued by the search for a new manager at Old Trafford.
As a sidenote, I must say, Mr. Kenyon has made Moratti (Inter) and Berlusconi (Milan) two really happy men today.
I was reading that contract talks have completly comed to halt, they won't resume until this summer, and if the right amount of money comes along, Beckham WILL go.
To his own admission, Beckham says that he'd go only out of the Premiership, of course so has not to face United again in England. Nice guy sin't he?? Really, VERY INTERESTING!
I have a feeling this will end up like the Zidane transfer, everybody denies the all time, Beckham comes in England after semifinal exit in World Cup, and the next day on the front page you'll read, deal done, 40,000 pounds, Beckham will play at the San Siro next year for....I hope Inter... :D

Anyway, now to the question of the day:
You want the next coach of Manchester United to be?
A. Louis Van Gaal
B. Sven Goran Eriksson
C. Fabio Capello
D. John Gregory
E. Ottmar Hitzfield
F. anybody you wanna sponsor, be logical though.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
You forgot to put Martin O'Neil's name in that list.He's the man I'd love to see take over from Fergie and if he doesnt arrive then perhaps Cappello would be fine since he has already proven himself in two of the toughest leagues of the world.:)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Problem is IMO that we don't have that many options.

O'Neill, Capello and Ericcson could potentially be good choices but it seems neither of them are available.

My fear is that ultimately we'd have to settle for van Gaal.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Sven! he's a brilliant manager and it is the natural progression because the bulk of the England team is Manchester UTD and Liverpool

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Liebero said:
Problem is IMO that we don't have that many options.

O'Neill, Capello and Ericcson could potentially be good choices but it seems neither of them are available.

My fear is that ultimately we'd have to settle for van Gaal.
Thats da coaches i whant 2.

JF

·
International
9,526 Posts
I tell you one guy who isn't actually coaching, just doing a bit of free lance technical advising, but would be a great coach, is that Arrigo Sacchi. I know he had some family problems a while back, and lost his drive, but I've heard he's back on track. Plus I've just watched his coaching video, from just before the 1994 world cup, and he seems pretty innovative to me. Maybe he's an option.
O'Neill is still the favourite for me, though.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
o'neill is stil a rookie. he doesn't have any sort of european experience. it's either gonna be hitzfeld, capello or van gaal. van gaal would be the favourite though.

·
Registered
775 Posts
B. Sven Goran Eriksson
Or
C. Fabio Capello
But DontThink That Eriksson will come coz World cup & With England

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really hope that Louis Van Gaal doesnt take over at United.I mean,He was coached of one of the best International teams in the world and he failed to take them to the World Cup.

Marten O'neil would be a bit of a risk.Although he has a great record with Celtic and Leicester,I not sure that he would be able to manage a club as big as United.

But maybe, with the help of Sir Alex, he will become a great United manager.Since Sir Alex will still be involved in the United set up.As far as European experience goes..i think that Celtic deserve to be in the next round of the champions League.So his European record isnt that bad if you look at it that way

Though, the man i think would be the best United Manager would have to be Sven.I know it seems unlikely.But maybe if England fail to get through the group stages of the world cup, he might think that he is not ready for the England job.Also with the likes of Beckham,Veron on all of the other United/England players, he might be persuded to come to us.We all know how Sven rates Beckham.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Faail in the world cup?

Well he said something like he wasnt expecting to win any trophies. He said he wants to win a big tournament by 2006 ( which i believe will happen) so their is no chance of Sven leaving, he's a great manager/coach i rate him well above the likes of Mcarthy and Ferguson if i'm honest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts