Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wenger hasn't bought any new keeper jet and the season start soon!
He maybe is waiting to see if Overmars and Petit will go so he gets the money?
Or he will play Manninger as our first keeper?
We maybe shall give Alex a change?
He has not been given the change in too many games so we can't know how he will play if he get's some games as a first keeper
He is just 23 and can still devolop his golkkeeping skills
Shall we give him the change?

G

·
Personally, I think we should give manninger a go, after all having to wait behind 'a piece of meat with two eyes' can't of been a particularly pleasant time.

He's a very good shot stopper, but to be a goalie in the prem you need more then that, you need to be able to command the area, and have armoured cheek bones...in case you come up aginst blind violent donkeys like woman beating roy keane, he'll pinch anyone. Hopefully this season will present a new, non-flappy, mature alex manninger.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I´d say you should give Alex a chance.
Cause the Austrian coach Otto Baric wants him to play regularly and refuses to nominate him for the national squad otherwise.
And Manninger really is a very good keeper.

Ehm...by the way, what happened to Seaman? :confused:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MxPx: Seaman is still in the club, he's not injured or anything like that. Its just that he has come to an age in his life were the soccer career from now on just going down and down and he's getting worse and worse.
This is to bad but it happends every player

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Does that mean Seaman is questioned as first keeper not only here on the board, but also by Wenger?
Would be great news to hear, because here in Austria everyone thought Manninger would get no chance as a starter until Seaman retires or leaves.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure Wenger will give Alex the change , the pre-season is not over and wenger might buy another keeper (probably Richard Wright)
But if he doesnt Im pretty sure he will give MAnninger the change, maybe not right on but after a while in the season so that Alex slightly will be our First keeper.
There have also been rumours that David is on his way to Newcastle. I hope this not true because I like to have David as the-first choice replacer after all he done for the club, I would like to see him as a player/coach for us

MxPx: Can you please tell me about how Alex was as a keeper in austria, a little bit of history and whats his bad sides and good sides. Will you?
that would be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts