Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes, What's up with you's guys crying all of a sudden blaming everything on refs or some grande scheme? Sh!t I gotta put on a raincoat when i visit in here cuz of all the tears coming from everywhere!

Dudes you's know I'm cool with all you's cats and I have the utmost respect for ya's and especially the ones that got together with me in Boston but cut it out!

Benfica was not good enough this year it wasn't the ref's it wasn't Dias de Cunha cuz Vilarinho cried many the time as well as Pinto de Costa! SLB just wasn't good enough that ain't hard to tell, sorry!

Blame the refs or the federation but don't blame SCP for being the Champs I mean come on did you's actually think you's would beat us out for Champs???? If Boavista couldn't what makes you's think you's could?!

I apologize ahead of time for anymore tears that this post might cause!:D I do it cuz I care!

Pick yourselfs up dust yourselfs off finish strong this year and come back strong next year!

Peace, bro's
:D

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
The whining is legitimate, Alc. There is a great deal of blame on simple bad luck with the injury bug and a substantial amount on plain poor play. There's is also a glaring factor of plain ol' politics ruining our sport and our anspirations to compete fairly that has severely added to the other factors. We cry because in addition to those legitimate factors our goals are being severely hampered by dirty politics. Truth is that in the past it took a lot less to hear the crying and the whining form the Boa, Porto and sporting organizations.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I should add that you ar right, though, when you say that we just need to make it harder for the system to screw us by simply putting forth more effort in playing the game on the field.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has nothing to do with the refs!

Benfica just didn't have the team to run the table this year! You's tied allot with crappy teams you should of beat we didn't!

Do you think if SCP wasn't a good team that we would of got those calls that could of gone either way? No Way! Good teams get good calls. Ref calls are like reflections of the way a team plays!

Regardless obviously you's have your opinion and I'm not going to change your minds that much I know but all I'm saying is look at your product! I'd buy what you're selling but the product is no good, not yet anyway!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:
It has nothing to do with the refs!

Benfica just didn't have the team to run the table this year! You's tied allot with crappy teams you should of beat we didn't!

Do you think if SCP wasn't a good team that we would of got those calls that could of gone either way? No Way! Good teams get good calls. Ref calls are like reflections of the way a team plays!

Regardless obviously you's have your opinion and I'm not going to change your minds that much I know but all I'm saying is look at your product! I'd buy what you're selling but the product is no good, not yet anyway!
Alc, you'll note that I didn't dismiss the team's peformance as a substancial driving factor of our postion. I just refuse to dismiss that bad refs and the ol' politics of a poor excuse for a league dind't contribute just as much. At least in my mind there is no doubt.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya!

Benfica as a team was inconsistent and the refs only made things worse!

It seemed like for years SCP would get the sh!t end of the stick too then one glorious day all the sudden the rain stopped and the clouds broke and the sun was shining again and for the first time in 18 years it seemed as though things were changing for the better! No storms on the horizion!

Next season is another season!

·
Registered
986 Posts
No crying here Alc but,

Benfica would have beaten Sporting twice this year had it not been for dubious calls. Would that have changed the standings? Don't know but it sure changes a team's momentum and would made things a bit closer and possibly would allow Boavista to finish first.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
england66 said:
No crying here Alc but,

Benfica would have beaten Sporting twice this year had it not been for dubious calls. Would that have changed the standings? Don't know but it sure changes a team's momentum and would made things a bit closer and possibly would allow Boavista to finish first.
Ok I'll give you the first game that ended 2-2 but you's should not of won this game! Blame Armando for that he thought he was supposed to catch the ball for some reason. The Armando call was a legit Pk!

Don't get me wrong SLB did play better and deserved to win but our tying it up 1-1 was 100% legit!

The first game on the other hand their's not much I can defend about that! You's should of won at least 2-1!

...and what about the Paulo Bento fall in the area? The goalie did make contact with his left foot if you look at it! One could argue that we should of went up 1-0 there! Also if the ref's had seen JMP spit on JVP's face wouldn't he get red carded right there? The incident happened in the grande area so it would have been another PK!

We should be pissed off just as much as you's but obviously since we are in the position of still being Champs next week we don't care but if we lost the Title cuz of this game you can guarantee we'd be going bananas!

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
There really is no use to crying over spilled milk. The team needs to focus on Boavista.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know what you's would of loved:

If Boa was only 1 point back and SLB beat SCP and Boa took over first and never lost and cuz of SLB beating us SCP wouldn't be Champs!:D

...This is what you's wanted, huh?, to not only rain on our parade but completely give our parade away to the next team! The only way SLB fans wouldn't want that is if Porto was in our Shoes!:D

You Bastards:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:

...and what about the Paulo Bento fall in the area? The goalie did make contact with his left foot if you look at it! One could argue that we should of went up 1-0 there! Also if the ref's had seen JMP spit on JVP's face wouldn't he get red carded right there? The incident happened in the grande area so it would have been another PK!

We should be pissed off just as much as you's but obviously since we are in the position of still being Champs next week we don't care but if we lost the Title cuz of this game you can guarantee we'd be going bananas!
Paulo Bento ran into Moreira not the other way around, there was contact because Bento made it - the ref called it well as did the commentator. Moreira was defending his goal and didnt stick his leg out or anything to bring Bento down - no PK IMO, and the refs and the commentators.

The CD has reveiwed the evidence to see if JMP spat on JVP - no evidence of this occuring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts