Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that the thread name would get your attention.

I as a Scotland fan I have no reason to support England and as a Rangers fan people seem to think being a Rangers fan means I should support them. I hate seeing Rangers fans with England tops on and the ones that do seem to think they have a link with England and that they should support them.
I see no link with England and to hear that the England top is the biggest selling football top in Scotland is a horrible thought.
Anyway I just wanted to get my feelings towards this out and to see what you all thought yourselves.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was sick to hear that it was the biggest selling shirt, I know that alot of Rangers supporters don't support England but a comment that McCoist made before the opening game was oput of order, "alot of rangers fans will be supporting rangers", NO, this is the mindless people, uh i support rangers so I must like england kinda attitude, it's just not on.

MON THE SWEDES

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
yea, its great how i think for the first time the whole of glasgow can unite in singing, Henrik Larsson is hte king of kings! or Theres only one Henrik Larsson!!!!!!

GO HENRIK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah Freddy and Henril are going to destroy the English. I for one will be getting up early to watch. Maybe the Argentina game is a bit too early though, 6.30 am :howler:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Come on Argentina
Come on Germany

I was a nuetral at the beginning of the Sweden game, then Atkinson pissed me off so much I was cheering for Sweden after 5 minutes

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
"Come on Germany"....:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
yea, me too. much to gildeas disgust, i said i wouldnt mind engerland doing ok, but when you hear the commentators, i change my mind, but in case of sweden, well id always cheer henrik and mjallby, as long as it was only the one he got against italy at euro2000, i cheered that, but so long as italy won!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
yeah the commentators piss me off to

i didnt actually care much about England before hand - i wouldn't have been upset if they had won, but as soon as they open their mouths it all changes! (although it did seem a bit better than usual - especially euro2000 and the "33 lions on their chests" etc!)

i'm also getting a bit annoyed with them continually going on about Ireland as well - the amount they go on about them, is just as bad as how they go on about England! If they want to do it for foreign countries then cant we get Spain or Italy updates - i'd be much more interested if that was the case :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
well, cos there is more irish and irish suporting people in this country that there are spanish!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
:confused: eh? that was never complained about, we were complaining about the commentators.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually managed to last until the 34th minute of the Sweden game then I had to put the telly on mute and listen to the Radio.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
whats sad and pathetic is that these nimrods are allowed to be employed at the tv stations, BBC and ITV.

not 1, ALL english tv comentators, though i do like the channel 5 guy, are generally very VERY VERY pompous ignorant arrogant gits. the whole BBC comentary was only interested in england during EVERY MATCH regardless of who was playing.

i like the english players but im CANT WAIT till they are elimated, cos then we *might* actualyl hear about the games that are being played, and not a day by day report on beckhams hair colour and other boring crap like that.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
What a bunch of bitter scots.

And it's all because England completely over shadows Scotland.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
The verb "Overshadow" is one word. :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
bitter? whats bitter about hating you scum?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They have Scottish managers and players to thank for the EPL. Could you imagine Liverpool and Man Utd being as succesful as they have been over the years if no Scots were involved.

But I am sure some twat will come and tell us that we had nothing to do with english football and also the fact that we have never got past the group stages at the WC's we have been to.

50 million to our 5 million and they still insist on taking the ****.

·
International
9,526 Posts
JuveBhoy said:
bitter? whats bitter about hating you scum?
lol...an italian sweaty sock:howler: jokes about being tight, and more gears on a tank for going backwards than going forwards, immediately come to mind;) :howler:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
sweaty socks?! eh?

joke all you want, though im sure youll need a few weeks to think something intelligent up. thank fvck im not english, cos then i would talk like a fanny too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts