·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'll Never Walk Alone

G

·
i will walk with you:)
dubh!! j'ai vu le match, je le savais... je savais qu'ils allaient égaliser, super! je suis contente pour toi:)

·
Registered
25,665 Posts
Bravo Ireland!

You guys should be very proud ;)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
My pills, lads, must reach my pills...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think that game took 3 years off my life - phew. Great finish to the game. Once again I think a draw was a fair result both sides had some clear chances. Do you remember the part in the game where little Keane stood toe to toe with that huge German. Ha ha great stuff so Irish. Its a good think Kahn came over and gave him that little huge. I watch this game in a boozer with a whole bunch of screaming and cursing Irish lads and lasses. Fantastic atmosphere I think I blew me laranx out! I think **** made some very smart subs, the lads made him look like a friggin genius (which he is anyway ;) ) I love the fact that we never quite. I just wish once we could go up first, I don't think my heart can take it.

Here's the situations assuming Cameroon and Eire beat Saudi Arabia (a fair assumption)(this is a recording, I've made almost the exact post in other forums ;) ) If Germany and Cameroon draw then all three of us are tied at 5 points. Germany would probably go first with their huge victory over the Saudi's, then the decider between Cameroon and us is how many goals we score on the Saudi's. But if their is a clear winning in the Germany-Cameroon match we're through it doesn't matter who wins just as long as someone wins it.

So just in case Cameroon and Germany draw we should go out there and stick as many goals in the Saudi's net as we can. Go EIRE!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well how many times have we seen a team try to defend a one goal lead only to blow it at the end. And for once it wasn't us!!!

Brilliant, still wired to the moon. Just a pity we didn't score earlier as we could have gone on to win. THe sun's out and all now, further proof that God is Irish.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:howler: :howler: :howler: I am the happiest man in Australia right now!!! I was in tears at 91 mins and then BAM!!! Quinn and Keane save the day!!! LEGENDS!!! I CAN"T TALK! Gotta get to class!!! YEEEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

·
International
8,545 Posts
I just finished watching the replay of the game and what a great finish for Ireland! The late goal will be enough to see Ireland through to the second round, I'm sure.

The best was McCarthy's reaction, he's watching the play unfold and the lock of surprise on his face when he saw Kean in all alone was priceless!

Naprid Ireland!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Way to go lads. With the US-Portugal nail-biter and now this, I've had quite enough excitement today.

Congratulations and BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE! (The Doors).

Oldplayer

BTW It is easy to like your team. Grit and determination all the way. Duff and Keane are giving away 6 inches and 30lbs to each of their opposite numbers on the German side. But they get after it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once again ...play to your strength and beat the Saudis, lads...

Come On Eire!! You'll Never Walk Alone

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
3-0 we're through, we're through! I always knew we'd get through the group phaze, many people are suprized but not me. It may have been a saveable goal by a decent keeper but I'm glad the Duffer got a goal for all his hard work none the less. Despite the fact that in the end we only had to win the game I'm glad we put some bulges in the back of the net to get our confidence higher.

We will most likely be facing Spain. Spain may have some V's but they havn't played well and havn't been tested. Well its time they were.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
iam Scottish put i like Ireland way more...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................:cool: .......................................................................................................:greed: ....................................:devil: ......................:mad: ................................. I WISH I WAS IRISH

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congrats to the Irish.

After not losing a single game in 4 against my team and the Dutch in qualifying, you already had my respect.

The way you took over in the 2nd half against Cameroon, and the fight to the finish Germany should impress any soccer fan.

This also takes the focus off that other Keane:D

Robbie Keane Rules, and Damien Duff was rewarded today by the soccer gods for all his hard work.

If they play Spain, watch out. Spain may be favoured but we could see penalties since Ireland has now tied 5 of 6 games against top teams in WC qualifying and the WC.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Cheers Figo Rules... :tongue: I think the Saudi's gave us a bit of a scre there in the 1st half but we came back firing and took the game. Good to see Duff get a goal, he deservs it after all he has done, setting up Keane, getting the ball down there etc... Brilliant...

·
Registered
70 Posts
fair play to ya.i wish i could go but im too young-hopefully we will qualify for PORTUGAL 2004 and then i defiently will go to that.

COME ON EIRE GIVE SPAIN YOU BEST SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue: :scared: :eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
:tongue: :tongue: :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered