Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a massive England fan and was totally gutted when we lost to Brazil in the 1/4s... And I am totally unconvinced that Ronaldinho meant that goal .. just like I am sure he should not have been sent off...

Having said that, Brazil indeed was the better team and deserved to win... Maybe this World Cup came too soon for England

I would like to add that Brazil has always been my 2nd team... and when England did not qualify for the WC in 94, I supported Brazil and was delighted they won.

Now that England is out ...Brazil for the World Cup!!!! Turkey is a vastly improved side and has earned a lot of respect - should not be taken lightly. But if Brazil play to its strength, it will surely meet Germany in the final...and if that happen, please beat the bloody germans!!!

Come on Brazil!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
bosh, if you look at the replay 20 times, like i did, you will see that ronaldinho DEFINITELY meant to place the ball over seaman's head and in the back of the net. honestly. there was no motion in his body at all indicating he was trying to swing a ball into the penalty area for a header. people who say it was a fluke are forgetting one thing: ronaldinho is a BRAZILIZIAN, the only people in the world with the courage and the desire to take a free kick like that and shoot for goal!

the english don't believe it because they can't understand that someone would even try it. believe me, bosh, because i know. I'M ENGLISH! i was born in england and spent half my life there. the second half of my life has been dedicated to brazil. ronaldinho meant to do it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
falcao said:
the english don't believe it because they can't understand that someone would even try it. believe me, bosh, because i know. I'M ENGLISH! i was born in england and spent half my life there. the second half of my life has been dedicated to brazil. ronaldinho meant to do it.
Thanks falcao for the reply... I will give Ronaldinho the benefit of the doubt... but I will study the video again (when i do manage to get one) ....

Anyway... r u called falcao here because of the great ex player?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
bosh, yes, my nickname is falcao because of the great midfielder who put on a show for me in 1982, the first world cup i remember. that, for me, was the most beautiful team ever. 1970 was better, but 1982 was more beautiful, i think. i was living in england in 1982, and i remember all the excitement of watching the world cup games and calling my dad at work to give him the scores. it was such a thrilling world cup, even though brazil lost 3x2 to italy in the best match i've ever seen. we don't have the same world cup atmosphere here in the united states, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well falcao.. I was too young to watch that match live but I have watched the game a couple of times on video ....

Brazil was simply breathtaking... with the likes of falcao, zico - "the white pele" and socrates ....

I am so happy that Brazil win today against Turkey, albielt only by a goal (should have been more really - so many chances created)..

Now please Brazil ...go on to win the World Cup!!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Bosh,
Cafu had told the players before the game about Seaman....as Cafu played for Zaragoza in that cup winners cup final and won.

At the time of the free kick, Cafu told Ronalidnho again about Seaman..... Ronaldinho looked at it and placed it perfectly!;)

The kid is a joy to watch

2006 Rivaldo gets out, for Kaka to get in...... what a crop of players we have!;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
bosh, that 1982 team was a classic. they played some of the best football the world has ever seen and scored so many of the world cup's best goals ever, like socrates and eder against russia, eder against scotland, falcao and socrates against italy, zico's bicycle. real all-time great goals.

ze, i agree with you about the young team we have. really, the only older players are cafu and rivaldo. (plus we need to get rid of roberto carlos, finally!) but we have a great young team. all the defenders and midfielders are in their 20s. can you imagine how good and experienced kaka and ronaldinho are going to be in 2006? and they'll have ronaldo in front of them!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on Brazil...be the first 5 time winners!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
B*O*S*H* said:
Come on Brazil...be the first 5 time winners!!
Yes ..Bravo Brazil!!!!! or should I say Brasil???

hahaha so happy!!!

Heartwarming to see Ronaldo score twice....after 4 years of sufferings....

Its a long long time since a golden boot winner score more than 6 goals in the finals...

Tribute to Brasil - 5 times WC winners...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts