Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, as you know my team, Liverpool, was heavilly linked with Coloccini at the start of the season but nothing materialised :( and he stayed at Milan. I was just wondering how he was doing, is he getting many games? and how do you rate him? Also is there much chance of him moving clubs in the near future.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
milan play at the moment a friendly against AS Cervia ( a theam from an italian football reality show). milan took the lead through tomasson but in the 38th minute cervia leveled and coloccini should have looke really bad. i didn't see it and have this news only from antother forum but if this is true than this is shocking news to me.

that is milans line up for the game:

Abbiati; Cafu, Coloccini, Costacurta, Pancaro; Brocchi, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Rui Costa, Serginho, Tomasson

half time: milan lead 2:1 through tomasson and Serginho. ambro missed a sitter

second half line up for milan:

Dida; Pancaro, Nesta, Coloccini, Esajas; Brocchi, Ambrosini, Dhorasoo; Kakà, Serginho, Shevchenko

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=43358&idSez=17

Depor Close In On Coloccini
1/20/2005 1:54:00 PM
Fabricio Coloccini’s brief stay in Italian football looks to be coming to an end with the news that Deportivo La Coruna are closing in on his signature.
The Argentine looks set to join the Galicians from Milan for the remainder of the season, with Lendoiro’s club obtaining a purchase option in June.

Depor’s defence has been shaky this season, and Coloccini would surely jump at the chance of returning to La Liga after rarely featuring under Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti.

Coloccini has already spent time on loan at Alaves, Villarreal and Atletico Madrid.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
final result:

Milan 5 Cervia 2

Tomasson, Serginho, Shevchenko 2, Brocchi (Milan)
Di Matteo, Gualtieri (Cervia)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Coloccini goes on loan to Deportivo la Coruña, but Milan likes to sold the player to gain some money to invest new players in June.

I think Coloccini is no good to play in Milan, with Nesta - Stam - Maldini and another defender next year is all that Milan needs.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
rae said:
Colo can play as RB as well as CB ... and we all know that cafu is not eternal phenomenon... :roll:
people age
milan defenders get better

Until I am proven otherwise, he is an eternal phenomenon

·
Registered
890 Posts
Cafu is not superman who gonna do his best till his 60s...

Playing for Milan automatically make you a better player... I have no qualm that the same would happen to Colo ;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
a young good defender should never leave at this, especially when so many others at the club in his position are old.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
CUG said:
a young good defender should never leave at this, especially when so many others at the club in his position are old.
Amen.
Coloccini has been far from brilliant so far, but there's no need to get rid of him. The guy is young and can play many roles, and his value in the market would rather raise if we keep him.

Rather keep him and give him a chance next season (as a sub) than spending money in someone like Bonera who is as unproven as him.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Tottenham to land AC Milan's Coloccini
tribalfootball.com - January 29, 2005

Tottenham are on the verge of sealing a deal for AC Milan defender Fabricio Coloccini today.

The Sun says Spurs coach Martin Jol hopes the 6ft 1in AC Milan stopper turns into as big a success at White Hart Lane as Spurs legends Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa.

Coloccini expects to wrap up a loan move today with a view to a ?million permanent switch in the summer.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
The Rossoneri have pinpointed Roberto Baronio as the ideal back-up for Andrea Pirlo, while Fabricio Coloccini is returning to Spain.

Pirlo is one of the few players in Milan’s set-up that is irreplaceable, as Massimo Ambrosini and Manuel Rui Costa have different characteristics to the Italian international midfielder.

Carlo Ancelotti is said to have named Chievo man Baronio as a valid alternative and he would be available relatively cheap, though probably not until the end of the current campaign.

27-year-old Baronio never quite lived up to the promise he showed as an Under-21 international and star at Reggina in 1999-2000, where he held the same deep role Pirlo now has at Milan. He disappointed in spells at Fiorentina, Lazio and Perugia before rediscovering his form with the Flying Donkeys.

The Rossoneri have been relatively quiet over the January transfer window, but Fabricio Coloccini is set to depart on Monday. The Argentine international defender has barely featured so far this season and had a disastrous 45-minute performance in the 3-2 Coppa Italia win over Udinese.

Although Tottenham Hostpur have made an approach for the 23-year-old, it is widely reported that a deal has been struck with Deportivo La Coruna. It’s a return to La Liga for Coloccini, who spent time on loan at Alaves, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Baronio impressed me in the Roma-Chievo game, but he doesn't seem to run as much as is needed. Playing for a team such as AC Milan will I am sure provide the incentive his legs need. If he comes that would mean that either Brocchi or Ambrosini is probably going.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Terak said:
The Argentine international defender has barely featured so far this season and had a disastrous 45-minute performance in the 3-2 Coppa Italia win over Udinese.
It is ridiculous. I have seen it. I can not believe what os written. Colo was not responsible for second goal. It was Kakha's mistake. He passed the ball inadvertently back... no body knows who was the direction - Colo or Abbiati. Only he did the main part of a mistake that cost us a goal. Although Kakha was not bad that night. He expiated his fault. Talking about Colo, he made some passes to nowhere but he also did good clearances form penalty box. I do not find his play disastrous.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts