Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ASHLEY COLE insists he would like to stay at Arsenal — and even one day take over as captain.

The England left-back had threatened to quit Highbury following his Chelsea tap-up scandal.

But boss Arsene Wenger has assured Cole the club will meet his £70,000-a- week pay demand — putting him in the same wage bracket as Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira.

With a new deal on the horizon, Cole even hopes to follow Vieira as skipper.

He said: “You never know what’s going to happen in football — but I’d love to be captain.”

Cole would also love Arsenal to have Chelsea and Manchester United’s money — and reckons they must spend to be title contenders next term.

He said: “The club needs to invest to avoid being left behind. We’ve got a great young squad but we’d have got out of jail with more experience.

“It is quite hard when you see Manchester United and Chelsea buying big- name players and chucking their money around.”

With Chelsea 11 points clear, Cole has written off the Premiership. But he says Arsenal still have much to play for — starting with Saturday’s FA Cup semi against Blackburn.

He said: “It would be nice if we can get to the final and give something back to the fans.”

Key to Arsenal’s hopes is England defender Sol Campbell, who has been out for two months with Achilles and ankle trouble.

But he can prove his cup fitness in the reserves at Watford tonight.

----------

Like Reyes, I give up.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Prehaps he said this to get the boo boys off his back. I think he has lost his chance of ever becoming captain now. Shame really :wallbang:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't think he has lost the chance at all, unlike Reyes he doesn't let us down on the pitch, and we all know Wenger will back him as he did Vieira.

will be interesting to hear the inquiry, i still have sympathy for Cole the was this has been handled is penny pinching jokery.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
At the end of the day Ashley Cole is a Gooner!! Always has been, always will be!! Money is taking over football, especially since a certain Russian corrupted European football!! I don't blame Cole for turning his head at a £100,000 a week contract!! He's still here and I wouldn't be suprised if he was still here for the next 10 years!! I can see him becoming the new captain!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
i think he will stay and become a true gooner...
the bugger will really buckle down... thts for reyes...

cole i think or rather want to believe what he said, that mourinho and tht other **** kenyon turned up uninvited!

·
63,337 Posts
Kuntyon is in the news again tomorrow, this time he has tapped up Ferdinand apparently.

when will the F.A. do something about this bald kunt ? :fero:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I want Dennis Bergkamp to reduce his age by 10 years... Okay bad joke side. I am pretty confused over if Cole is staying a not...

·
63,337 Posts
yeah looks like he will stay but we have to get him to sign a new contract or otherwise sell him, we can't allow him to run his contract down and it all to get ugly.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Time is always given. If AW can give Cygan chance, no doubt he will give it to Reyes. Mistakes and inability to adapt is always forgiven, but focusing mind to other place is not.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i dont think we would have had a problem with time, its just hes a bitch that says he wants to leave everytime any1 asks him a damn question

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I don't know if you guys find it. But, i see that he is not getting really well with henry.
Appears to me, Henry doesn't like him.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
vinsea said:
I don't know if you guys find it. But, i see that he is not getting really well with henry.
Appears to me, Henry doesn't like him.
Henry doesn't like you either.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts