Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cole to extend Arsenal contract until 2007

Friday 25th January 2002

Ashley Cole is set to commit his long-term future to Arsenal by signing a new five-year contract.

"He is a great character, a real competitor and a wonderful example to homegrown players at Highbury," said coach Arsene Wenger. "We have not yet put pen to paper, but it will happen soon.

"I'm happy because it shows there is stability at the club and because Ashley is an excellent young player who has become stronger and better in the last year."

The 21-year-old defender has made spectacular progress for Arsenal and England.

A member of the club's Centre of Excellence, Cole went on loan to Crystal Palace in 1999 but returned to be a regular member of Arsenal's successful FA Premier Youth League team in 2000.

He made the Arsenal left-back spot his own after Brazil star Silvinho joined Celta Vigo, then broke into the full national side having been a regular for the Under-21s.

Cole's first call-up was for a friendly against Spain in February 2001.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yeap he signed it
i think ashly cole is a brilliant defender whoc an score when we need too
his got pace, talent, potential and a true gunner
he'll grow up to be a defender like keown, adams, dixon etc etc.
:cool:

·
Registered
886 Posts
It`s fantastic news. We need homegrown players with british blood. I won`t be suprised if Cole is the best defender in the world next time he sign a 5 year contract with Arsenal :tongue:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Ash is getting better all the time he's going to be great remember he was a forward until a few years ago,also he's from Stepney five miles down the road so it's unlikely he will ever want to leave he'll probably break O'Dreary bastards record :D :cool: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts