Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting news for Grant and the Israeli National team: In an interview to a local Haifa newspaper Maccabi Haifa's Argentinian striker says he's willing to convert and play for the Israeli National team. Colautt's current girlfriend is Israeli (Sagi Strauss' sister) and looks like he would like to to pledge his future with Israel. What do you think about this? Would you take him to the National team? :)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
hmmm...not bad..Colautti and Katan as strikers in the NT?? Sounds interesting. I see a future for them. But lets see. Rosso also wanted to play for the NT, but he couldnt.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haimrevivo1 said:
hmmm...not bad..Colautti and Katan as strikers in the NT?? Sounds interesting. I see a future for them. But lets see. Rosso also wanted to play for the NT, but he couldnt.
There's a difference between them. Rosso didn't convert, he was just waiting for the citizenship after 5 years in Israel while Colautti says he is willing to convert. But I agree, easier said then done, if things remain as good as they are now for Colautti it might happen however. :)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
..must be a better player than Colautti in Israel anyway...btw, do you remember/knew Brailovski? I used to love his dribbling, I have a lousy memory but I think he played in the Israeli league, I always thought it was a pitty he didn't become greater...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Fangio said:
..must be a better player than Colautti in Israel anyway...btw, do you remember/knew Brailovski? I used to love his dribbling, I have a lousy memory but I think he played in the Israeli league, I always thought it was a pitty he didn't become greater...
yep...Daniel Brailovski....
About Colautti, for the NT it would be great news, but this thing of conversion, does he really want to become jewish? or is it pure interest to play for the NT and have a status? I believe converting to judaism is not in one week or one month it requires time and commitment, of course if he does the religious way.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fangio said:
It took Colautti time but he's fit it nicely, scored some nice goals. Admittedly our league is extremely weak this season and Haifa are having a field day almost every week so it's easier to do well in such a team but when on form Colautti is very useful. Especially for Israel who has been suffering from a huge lack of quality strikers in recent times.

Regarding Brailovsky, I believe everyone here remember him. :) He used to play here and was the assistant coach and coach of Maccabi Haifa about 6-7 years ago. In 2000 he resigned as coach of Hapoel Beit Shean (2nd division)after 4 matches in charge. A short time after he recieved a new job as coach of a certain Mexican first division team, but I can't remember/find what team. I believe he's still in Mexico.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Is he actually converting!!!!

I give him a good price for a rabbi who does the job :nerd:

·
Registered
405 Posts
first Rosso, and now Colautti. What is it about Haifa that makes people want to become Israeli citizens? :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must be something in the air. :D

BTW Fangio. Taking advantage of your visit here, what could you tell about former Arsenal striker Adrian Romero? He is nominated to join Hapoel Tel Aviv.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Didn't see him that much, or at least don't recall him, so I guess he didn't make any maradonian goal..sorry for the non helping...

Must be something in the air.
nahh, same old reason for building the Empire States, for going to the moon, just to pick up girls, and ultimate to tell it to your friends..btw jewish girls are damn hot!!! I tell you that before, no?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fangio said:
Didn't see him that much, or at least don't recall him, so I guess he didn't make any maradonian goal..sorry for the non helping...

nahh, same old reason for building the Empire States, for going to the moon, just to pick up girls, and ultimate to tell it to your friends..btw jewish girls are damn hot!!! I tell you that before, no?
No problem, thought you might know since they mentioned he used to be part of your National youth team. They showed a couple of goals he scored last season for Arsenal vs Boca, and mentioned his current team is Cali from Colombia.

About our girls, that's what everyone say about them. :cool: :D

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
amfan said:
first Rosso, and now Colautti. What is it about Haifa that makes people want to become Israeli citizens? :)
Maccabi Haifa players are paid well...so, they have money, the have a good club and no fears about their future. If you have money, nice girls and a good job, Israel is the best place to be :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
Maccabi Haifa players are paid well...so, they have money, the have a good club and no fears about their future. If you have money, nice girls and a good job, Israel is the best place to be :)
Not really...
Especially when you consider the political outcomes plus the limitations and the PPP ..... :nono:

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Raanan said:
Regarding Brailovsky, I believe everyone here remember him. :) He used to play here and was the assistant coach and coach of Maccabi Haifa about 6-7 years ago. .
He's not a bad commentator either . :) I don't know if Colluati is NT material... well... I'd rather use that Bokoli fellow :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I hope this issue of naturalizing players doesn't take out of hand and we begin to pay players to play for the NT, like some in the arab world tried to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts