Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure were the roles reversed we would see this thread in another forum but are you not getting sick of these huffs when Sellick get humped? Once again they are looking for coppers to hit our heroes and shame themselves. Rangers Football Club won't make a big deal of it but I think it's time we did. The paranoia is one thing but to let them away with this again is insulting. we should be showing them up for what they are. Get a protest in!

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Just my personal opinion, but i'd say that a steward being stabbed among the 'dignified' section yesterday was a slightly more serious incident worthy of investigation.

But hey, each to their own i suppose.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
A steward was stabbed in the Rangers section yesterday? Was this information gained via your incredible superhuman all-seeing eyes, or did your ever so reliable Ibrox mole fill you in on the latest scoop? You may, of course, be correct, but until I see it reported through a reputable source i'll choose to disbelieve it if you don't mind.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Police chief superintendent Smith said: "Following the Celtic v Rangers game at Celtic Park, I can confirm there was a total of 30 arrests in and around the stadium.

"Twelve of these were for offences of religious prejudice, one was for a racist offence and the remaining 17 were for other minor offences."

Since when did a stabbing become a minor offence KH? Is this just another example of an anti-Celtic conspiracy by the police and media, or does it simply sum up how low you guys will go to gloss over defeats?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Didn't see the game and not defending the minority of celtic fans, but judging by the photo in the other thread - applauding the away fans right in front of the home fans was stupendous.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
A Celtic fan was chased by a gang of thugs then stabbed in the face and left for dead after yesterday's Old Firm clash.

He was found lying in a pool of blood near the Marquis boozer in Shettleston, Glasgow.

One horrified onlooker said : "A gang of them chased him down the street and laid in.

"He fell to the ground and they carried on kicking him.

"He didn't stand a chance. They left him lying there, face down, in a pool of blood.

"When the police got here he was alive but in a very bad way."

The victim, who has not been named, was rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary with head injuries. A police spokeswoman said : "Enquiries are at a very early stage."

A steward during the Old Firm clash was also slashed in the face. A witness told how the thug called the steward a "Fenian bastard" then fled into the crowd.

The victim, who needed stitches, is a RANGERS FAN who normally works at Ibrox.

Rock Steady boss Mark Hamilton said : "An implement was definitely used to slash. Fortunately it was a clean cut."

Rangers fans set fire to a Parkhead toilet and police made 30 arrests in and around the ground. 12 of them for alleged sectarian offences.

Source - The Sun, Page 9 (21st February).

Try doing your research a bit better before accusing anyone of being a liar next time.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
King_Henrik said:
A Celtic fan was chased by a gang of thugs then stabbed in the face and left for dead after yesterday's Old Firm clash.

He was found lying in a pool of blood near the Marquis boozer in Shettleston, Glasgow.

One horrified onlooker said : "A gang of them chased him down the street and laid in.

"He fell to the ground and they carried on kicking him.

"He didn't stand a chance. They left him lying there, face down, in a pool of blood.

"When the police got here he was alive but in a very bad way."

The victim, who has not been named, was rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary with head injuries. A police spokeswoman said : "Enquiries are at a very early stage."

A steward during the Old Firm clash was also slashed in the face. A witness told how the thug called the steward a "Fenian bastard" then fled into the crowd.

The victim, who needed stitches, is a RANGERS FAN who normally works at Ibrox.

Rock Steady boss Mark Hamilton said : "An implement was definitely used to slash. Fortunately it was a clean cut."

Rangers fans set fire to a Parkhead toilet and police made 30 arrests in and around the ground. 12 of them for alleged sectarian offences.

Source - The Sun, Page 9 (21st February).

Try doing your research a bit better before accusing anyone of being a liar next time.
Who called you a liar :confused:
Angle_eyes said:
You may, of course, be correct
In any case, I think i'll take the version of people who were actually there who say the guy punched the steward, and had a ring on which cut the guy. Even if that's not the case, you said a steward was "stabbed." Now i'm no expert, but I think stabbing someone is different from slashing someone. Get your facts right the next time before you spit the dummy. The Sun as well...

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Who called you a liar :confused:

In any case, I think i'll take the version of people who were actually there who say the guy punched the steward, and had a ring on which cut the guy. Even if that's not the case, you said a steward was "stabbed." Now i'm no expert, but I think stabbing someone is different from slashing someone. Get your facts right the next time before you spit the dummy. The Sun as well...
Oh right, he was punched apparently, well that's perfectly acceptable then.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Avoiding 99% of my points again.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
I'm sure were the roles reversed we would see this thread in another forum but are you not getting sick of these huffs when Sellick get humped? Once again they are looking for coppers to hit our heroes and shame themselves. Rangers Football Club won't make a big deal of it but I think it's time we did. The paranoia is one thing but to let them away with this again is insulting. we should be showing them up for what they are. Get a protest in!
BTW, I doubt Robbie Winters would be with you on this one chivo.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
_Eight_Ball_ said:
BTW, I doubt Robbie Winters would be with you on this one chivo.
True and I would never paint the Rangers support as Angels. Just talking about the Celtic huffs on this one. The Rangers v Aberdeen matches have seen some terrible scenes throughout the past couple of decades on and off the park.

@Angle- Why are you taking the view of people who were actually at the game when the Sun has printed what must be the truth. Although this is the same paper Celtic fans are told not to but and who's articles have been posted on here as evidence of lies we should maybe believe them now that it fits a Celtic agenda.

@KH- From stabbed to slashed to punched does seem to make the account less shocking that you first reported and unless you were there then you don't know the full reason behind it. As for the other alledged incidents again you don't know the whole the story. What people did see was Celtic fans attacking a Rangers player in full view of the cameras. Not for the first time did Celtic supporters start throwing things onto the pitch when they were getting beat in recent years. I know Rangers fans are not angels but Celtic fans have shown their true colours in these televised games which get beamed around the globe and no little trophy from Seville is going to cover that up.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Think we've found the culprit for the coins/lighters on Sunday lads....

I'm a bit worried about it's authenticity though. Pound coins? ;)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Might have been better in goal that in the stand.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Angle_eyes said:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I saw that article days ago mince. Disgraceful behaviour, regardless of how he was attacked, but one article in The Sun is hardly conclusive proof. I'm just going on what i've been told by people who were actually there.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't condone this kind of thing if it is true. The source though is "his pal" and apparently someone slashed him with a razor for no reason at all. Looks very much to me that judging by the plaster it was not as near his eye as reported and since they are not showing off the wound would make me suspicious. Probably a punch and cut by a ring. Not acceptable but as there is no story for the defence it's a little biased.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts