Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm afraid if i opened this in either barca or real forum, the fans on the other side would not even reply. :tongue: :cool:

in my mind, they are very similar in any aspects despite they are from two clubs at two extreme sides. from inside the field to outside the field, many likeness they have ever experienced from time to time. in chronological sequence, the first bad luck going to them was their personal family problems. i would not forget they lost discipline long time ago despite all gone. huh, people who laugh at their decreasin goal scoring ratio should be ashamed as they dunno kluivert and raul both changed their position from formal forwards to support forwards. they should not expect forwards' goal ratio for them as they are not formal forwards. :eek: what about their best partners on the field? i still remember how morientes and rivaldo were forced out! :mad: their performence then started getting worse. :cry: you should not be surprised that they are the top two scorers among all the national teams in the world. in the clubs, they are also great affected by different factors such as the inflow of players. lastly their perspective in the clubs are equally that gloomy and uncertain. :crazy: :veiled: :wallbang:

comments?

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
I believe the support striker invention is the biggest joke ever when it comes to giving excuses to someone for not scoring enough.Ofcourse Ronaldo might be the main striker playing deeper but Raul is still a striker playing a lot near and in the area it's not like he's beeing used as a fullback:rolleyes:

Just look at Henry,he's even playing on the wing sometimes but his score ratio is there,you know how many Rivaldo used to score in his good days at Barça playing on the left?.I know its sad but Raul is out of form,not that he's not scoring that much but his contribution to the team in general.

And how is Raul's perspective in RM gloomy and uncertain?!Because of Flo?Gimme a break.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
So your saying there is no difference in role between a support striker and a striker? (#10 and #9?) :rolleyes: Anyone who doesn't is the real big joke IMO. :rolleyes:

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
I thought No 10 in the old fashioned and innocent way is mostly used to describe attacking midfielders/playmakers like Zizou,Riquelme,Diego,Maradona and so on,atleast that's what common sense says,is that how you use Raul nowadays?Talking about versatility huh:rolleyes:

Ofcourse Baggio,Pele ect wore No 10 as well but they banged them one after another.

This is a bit silly talking about numbers in modern football,point is Raul is still a striker.Ofcourse he has to do a lot of other things,create spaces,set up chances for the best striker on the world,keep defenders busy,playing a lot outside the area blah blah blah but that doesn't prevent him from scoring,he's got a lot of chances to do that but he mostly misses them now adays,like the first goal on Malaga's game:( :howler:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
one's been growing up in a protective pod of his home city and been hailed a national hero despite making a mess of things in decisive games, the other had to move abroad after taunts from rival supporters and then was distracted from football due to false rape allegations and had to move country again, all in his early 20's , still both have similar goalscoring figures for their clubs,...........hmmmmmmmmm

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Coincidence between Kluivert and Raul..........

They're both handsome fellows?

One of them is a world class, superstriker.

The other is Kluivert. :D
You said it all. :D

None of them is the typical "9", I think both feel more comfortable with someone around them, another striker. In any case, I prefer Raúl over Kluivert. Raúl has the killer instinct of the good strikers and Kluivert has lots of good skills, but he's not this killer and his style is close to apathy sometimes, while Raúl runs, runs and runs.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
A big diffrence is that Raúl steps forward on the big occasions, like important matches. You can' t say the same about our dear Patrick...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
So your saying there is no difference in role between a support striker and a striker? (#10 and #9?) :rolleyes: Anyone who doesn't is the real big joke IMO. :rolleyes:
Number 10 is a playmaker normally.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hope not though kluivert's future is not that certain while raul is going not well we all know. relating their numbers to their function is a bit pointless nowadays. everything is changing. number is just a number that never constrict players' function. umm.. i can't see why barca fans don't like kluivert so much. you forget he did contribute a lot to your team. or his attitude made you hate him? i think it is not an excuse for raul to score not that much. actually, the problem existed seasons ago before ronaldo's coming in. raul played as a support striker even when the last season morientes was still in madrid. the signing of zidane changed our strategy a lot. our attack did always start from two wings (figo and solari), but now from central that is zidane. i think raul should play at the edge running not that much. the one should run more is ronaldo. raul waits for chance in front and ronaldo dribbles and crosses from the back because ronaldo can have more space for his dribbling. raul can't do much in scoring and assisting even he has space in the midfield. i prefer he only waits in the front, but never be an assistant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts