Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a quick idea on something. I reckon it would be a great move for Barca to play Cocu as one of the 3 centre-halves with F deBoer and Abelardo. Anytime i've seen him play as a defender he has been outstanding. Also, as could be seen at the end of last season one of Barca's main problems was a lack of pace in midfield and Cocu moving to defence would give the coach Serra Ferrer the chance to use a pacier player in midfield.

·
Registered
271 Posts
There can be no barca defense without the great Reiziger :)
Alongside de Boer he would be awesome, with Zanetti maybe down the right?
Or why not Ronald de Boer?
Reiziger is one of the best man-markers i've ever seen, and with his pace also he brings some real confidence to our central defense. I think he is wasted on the right.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I don't know how offensive SF will play, but his line-up (5-3-2) reminds me of catanaccio. And that's something I will not talk about for at least a week.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Dutch, I would like to leave you alone in your mourning but there is just one name i would like to mention for Barca's defense: Cannavaro, excellent defender, didn't get beat once all match long! 5-3-2 does look like Catenaccio but SF plans to use this while defending and switch to 3-4-3 in attack, we plan to attack, not like the Italians, but they do get results, sorry Dutch!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Cannavaro is indeed a player I'd like to see in Barça's defense. And 3-4-3 is indeed very nice. Although I'd rather see a 4-2-3-1 like Portugal and Holland played.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cocu is a good player but I would rather he be one of the players that Serra Ferrer disposes of. SF does need to bring in more home based players and get rid of at least a couple of Dutch players to restore equality in squad.
I also hope SF plays with 4-4-2 or even 4-2-3-1.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Cocu functions best in midfield. He could become an excellent defensive-midfileder at Barca, but he won't play there all the time in the national team. Davis usually does, and Cocu will probably also occupy the left-back position a number of times again.
I'm not sure which Dutch players should be disposed, most Dutch players at Barca had a good or excellent Euro 2000.
Myabe Ronald and Frank De Boer are passed it, I read somewhere that it was reported in a newspaper that Ajax were planning to buy them back. Also Reiziger and Bogarde could also find their way out, not to mention Ruud Hesp. He isn't even among the top 3 keepers for Holland, why should he be Barca's no.1 then. I prefer Baia instead, especially after his performances at Euro 2000.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Because of Cocu players like Rivaldo can be the "star". He does all the dirty work and brings Rivaldo in the position where he can show his quality. So I think we must keep him. Everyone, including me, likes to see many homegrown players. But do we have a homegrown player at least as good as Cocu??
I haven't seen him. In fact: Cocu was one of the few players who could be sure he'd play every week. Why sell such an important player??

About next year:
My line-up (considering Zidane and Cannavaro will come):
________________Baia_______________ (Hesp)
Reiziger_Cannavaro__FdBoer____Sergi (Puyol,Abelardo,Dehu,?)
_______Guardiola_______Cocu________ (RdBoer,Xavi)
Figo___________Zidane_______Rivaldo (Simao,LE/Gabri/Mario,Zenden) ______________Kluivert_____________ (Dani)

How the three offensive midfielders play (wings or free roles) should depend on the opponent.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why do some people dislike Reiziger exactly?
When did he ever play a bad game for barca?
I just don't understand it, i think he is possibly our strongest defender.
Against Chelsea he marked Zola right out of the game, while he can always create good chances down the right wing.
I guess that you can't replace a local legend like Ferrer without being resented. I feel sorry for the guy :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cannavaro is also been linked with Man Utd I heard a brief while ago, but I think he'll remian in the Serie A.

Zidane is also linked to Man Utd in a 31-mil-pound move, but I also think it's highly un-likely that he'll leave Juve.

I would have preferred Reiziger in the Dutch line-up instead of Bosvelt. I think Rijkaard shouldv'e brought Reiziger on in place of Bosvelt against Italy, Reiziger couldv'e made some powerful over-lapping runs.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Dutch, you've missed out on the latest news when you've posted your team. This is fresh off the presses. Toldo is the keeper Barca is going after and we should know by wednesday if he is going to come. It is a deal that may involve Dani leaving Barca, something i don't want to see. And i bet you'll like this news, Overmars is the number one target for signing. Also it looks very likely that Petit and Zanetti will sign and Dehu is on his way out to Lyon. I agree that Cocu is indespensible, one of the most consistent players last year, probably behind Figo in that category. Also that Reizeger is a good man marker and should command more respect then he gets. I think both De Boers are past their prime. I agree with Zidane totally. Many people are laughing this off as a rumor, but Nunez just the other day said in an interview that it was true that he had been offered to Barca. I am sure if he were to leave Juve he would come here. He will not go to Man U. He wife is Spanish and she does not want ugly English weather, no offense to anyone. i feel Frank is too slow for the back four. He showed this weakness against Italy, almost allowing Delvecchio to grab a couple of goals. I've heard talk about Zenden possibly being sold if the price is right. I think tactically speaking that if we were to get a player like Zizou we would have so much attacking prowess in our front four that we must be certain that we have the proper support behind. If not we will be caught out on the brake. I believe like Dutch said that we must play with the two deep midfielders for cover, or else we may be in for trouble.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I don't think we should get Overmars. At EURO2000 Zenden showed he's better. And he's younger. So I prefer Zenden over Overmars. I heard we are after Toldo (which isn't very strange) but until now it has only been confirmed Baia returns at our beloved club. That's why I wrote down his name.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Just a couple more problems with an otherwise good-looking line up, DBF. Why Baia? He already had his chance with Barça and mucked it up. He exaggerates so much and is generally unsafe coming off his line at the wrong time. I can't see Dutruel in the line up and I thought he'd been signed long ago. One last thing, I think Mario's on loan to Alavés

·
Registered
550 Posts
I quite like the look of the team posted by Dutch FCB Fan. The 2 defensive midfielders will give our defense good cover. This would then leave our attacking midfielders to do all the damage to the opposition. I would prefer a more tough tackling midfielder to come to Barca. Someone like Petit would be good or even Sunday Oliseh.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Ok. "Cancel" Mario (5 subs for the offensive midfield is too much anyway). About Baia: I agree he wasn't that good at Barça, but Hesp wasn't either last year. We really need to get Toldo. Petit would be a good signing, but Oliseh wouldn't.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
He makes too many defensive mistakes. Besides that he thinks he's the best player in the world. No teamplayer at all. And that might be nice at Ajax, but at Barça, where Figo and Rivaldo are the leading men, it's something we can't use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts