Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
barca have an option to buy him b4 May 31st...however, there have been no news about him staying (at least from the manager)...so what's up with that?? is he staying or going back to milan? if he goes back to milan, he might be traded to inter for seedorf or juve for somebody...i hope barca don't keep him so that we could get him.. :D:D:D

PLEASE DON"T KEEP COCO!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
We do need coco and especially now that sergi is going, which is bad. Sergi's announcement means that the top clubs like Ac milan know we need a decent Left back so they will probably up the price, so we probably should have kept our mouths shut about sergis departure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Coco's now gone :(

Javier Pérez Farguell has officially announced it during the farewell press conference of Sergi. The club won't use the clause of buying him because of 'technical and economical' reasons. He returns to Milan on the 30th of June.

With Sergi gone, we have no left-back, actually. Farguell said that there might be some signings possible, but the incorporation of Ruben Navarro from Barcelona B as well. It depends on Luis' decision.

For me, kind of ridiculous decision, don't you think? One of the best players of the team in the last season being left out. If the board keep acting like this... I don't even wonder.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Coco is gone. He was a commited player but technically the guy is average (Ican only remember one assist against Valencia in the whole season).
With that Evra no longer an option I wonder who van Gaal is thinking of. Faraguell, the general Director has confirmed that Navarro will play with the first team next season and a new left back defender will be bought.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
well before we were interested in evra id never had heard of him. whats to say we wont find another unknown star.

as for now these are the possible candidates
Jorg Bohme- Shalke - 28
Brechet - Lyon- 22?
Armand - Nantes ??
Christian Ziege - please no!:dazed:

well i dont know much about these apart from ziege. infact hes the same age as sergi, surely thats "too old for the squad"

·
Registered
589 Posts
Leftsided defenders...

Sylvain Armand 182 m/82 kg 21 years

LEAGUE CAREER RECORD
Season Club Games Goals
1999/00 Clermont

2000/01 Nantes 23 2
2001/02 Nantes 30 1

Brechet Lyon 186 m / 77 kg 1 cap 22 years

LEAGUE CAREER RECORD
Season Club Games Goals
1998/99 Lyon 15 0
1999/00 Lyon 16 0
2000/01 Lyon 27 0
2001/02 Lyon 28 0

Böhme he is a midfielder ??? 178 m/ kg

LEAGUE CAREER RECORD
Season Club Games Goals
1994/95 1.FC Nürnberg 16 1
1995/96 Eintr. Frankfurt 18 1
1996/97 TSV München 1860 15 1
1997/98 TSV München 1860 8 0
1998/99 Arminia Bielefeld 25 2
1999/00 Arminia Bielefeld 25 1
2000/01 FC Schalke 04 30 10
2001/02 FC Schalke 04 31 7

If I had to choose between them I would go for Brechet but my personal favourite is Chivu he is like Carlos but faster has a better shot and a good header as well as solid defender...

Here is his stats 183 m/ 78 kg caps 17-1

LEAGUE CAREER RECORD
Season Club Games Goals
1997/98 CSM Resita 23 2
1998/99 Univ. Craiova 26 3
1999/00 Univ. Craiova 6 0
Ajax 23 1
2000/01 Ajax 26 5
2001/02 Ajax 32 1

Cheers

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i think barça will wait to watch the worldcup for buy a leftback defender

·
Registered
33 Posts
Buy before the WC

I see what you mean about waiting to see who to but before the world cup, but doesn't this mean that anyone Barca buys , their price will have gone up . Because if we want to buy them , it'll(hopefully, tho' i 'm not sure with gaspart) mean that these players will have had a good world cup-so their price tag will inflate.As we are short of cash shouldn't we have thought about this?

Why didn't we sign coco?:(
Lucio us sure to have a good WC so his tag will rise and we wont be able to buy him. If i was in charge of Real i would realise that lucio and nesta are likely to be sold and are both amazing, but as we have (dodgily) loads of cash we can get both.however nesta is worth more and barca cant afford him so i'd get Lucio who Barca desperately want and then they cant get nesta as hes too expensive . This would improve real and also mean Barca can't get a decent defender.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
but if there dutch...

or romanian (chivu)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mazzah20 said:
but if there dutch...

or romanian (chivu)
chivu is staying at ajax at least for one more year...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts