Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting paragraph out of an interview of COCO with Inter.It.

*Are you discussing contractual matters with the club?
"I'm not in discussions. We defined everything about a month and a half ago. We started the rapport with the best intentions and because of my physical problems there have been some difficulties. Inter have stood by me in the most difficult moment of my career, so I thought it was right to repay their trust. So I will play the last year of my contract without pay."*

This man has been arguably Inter's worst transfer in recent years, I'm glad he does the decent thing right here.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
is that another way to say that... his pay amount is being reduced.. equivalent to one year. Spreading it throughout the years.. he gets like a percentage cut in order to play on with the club.

if its like this.. then I think its fair to Inter and fair to himself.

Unlike that Bald Headed Swine

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coco close to comeback Wednesday 15 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter’s Francesco Coco is ready to return to the Serie A stage following an absence of 13 months.

The left-back could play against Brescia at the weekend after finally putting his injury nightmare behind him.

"I’m feeling very good and I am now able to give my contribution," said the Italian international.

"I’ve had my problems but this is a new beginning for me and I just can’t wait to play football again."

Coco last featured in the League back in November 2003, in the 3-0 win over Ancona, before suffering severe back problems.

He did appear in the Coppa Italia against Bologna earlier this term and he could now star in Week 16 as Giuseppe Favalli is suspended.

"The Coach has indicated that I will soon get a chance," he added. "I’ll need time to find my best form but I’m mentally strong enough to believe that I can play for 90 minutes."

The former Milan and Barcelona player then made a surprising statement about his future with the Nerazzurri.

"I haven’t played at all for a year but the club always remained very close to me during that time," he added.

"Therefore I feel that it is only right that I should play out the last year of my contract without being paid a salary."

Coco, who was once described as the new Paolo Maldini, also ruled out a January loan move.

"I’m not going anywhere because I have no desire to go down any other roads," he concluded.

channel4

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
No matter what the consequences of his transfer were, at least the guy has loyalty and gratitude towards the club.

I'm proud of him. :proud:

Hope he gets his 100% form back soon and starts owning that left flank of ours.

Forza COCO!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
COCO: "FOR INTER A YEAR FOR FREE"
Wednesday, 15 December 2004 14:52:18
APPIANO GENTILE - In the press room at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre for today's news conference was Inter defender Francesco Coco:

How are you?
"I'm fine. I have made a complete recovery from my problem and I am able to make my contribution at Inter at last. Unfortunately I haven't been able to give my best because of my physical problems. It's like starting again."

Could we see you on the pitch against Brescia on Sunday?
"I can't wait to start playing again in general. I don't know it will be against Brescia. It would be nice, it would be an early Christmas present. I feel well and I'm in form. I have been training with the squad for two months. Everything is positive."

You are a defender and the Inter defence has been the most criticised department lately. Would it be a burden for you to make your comeback now?
"Absolutely not. It motivates me even more. I'm thinking positive. There are some problems to resolve and we're not going through the happiest of periods. But we cannot let this situation stop us. We know we have to sort out a few more things, but this is an extra motivation."

Were you expecting to be back sooner?
"I have to start playing to gain match fitness and show I really am ready. You find your form over time. Psychologically I'm one hundred percent because I'm really sure I can return to playing the matches that count. I played against Bologna in the Tim Cup and it went quite well. I wanted to see how my leg would respond physically. I passed the test and I'm available now."

Are you discussing contractual matters with the club?
"I'm not in discussions. We defined everything about a month and a half ago. We started the rapport with the best intentions and because of my physical problems there have been some difficulties. Inter have stood by me in the most difficult moment of my career, so I thought it was right to repay their trust. So I will play the last year of my contract without pay."

=================

COCO: "DEDICATED TO NANNI BISCIOTTI"
Wednesday, 15 December 2004 15:07:36
APPIANO GENTILE - Francesco Coco news conference (2):

How did you get through the long time out of action because of injury?
"It was a very difficult period, a long and hard year full of sacrifices. I had a serious problem and I was worried about not being able to get over it. Then things started going well and I have managed to make a definitive recovery. It really was difficult psychologically."

Who in particular has helped you get over these moments?
"I have been lucky because a lot of people have stood by me, my family first of all. But there's one person above all that I have to thank: our athletic trainer Nanni Bisciotti. He has helped me get back what I had lost, which was the conviction I could recover."

What's your rapport with Roberto Mancini like?
"It's a normal rapport between coach and player. I started the season with the squad, I have always shown myself as an integral and not injured player. It's a normal, calm rapport."

Could Coco go and play for another team in January to return to being the player we all appreciated?
"I'm staying at Inter to compete with all my teammates for a place. I have no intention of changing team in January and trying new paths in this second part of the season. I know full well that I can play my cards well at Inter. When I want to I can always reach a positive conclusion. And I think I can do this time as well."

================

COCO: "WHEN I SAID NO TO MILAN..."
Wednesday, 15 December 2004 15:39:48
APPIANO GENTILE - Francesco Coco news conference (3):

Have you spoken to Roberto Mancini about scheduling your return to competitive action?
"Mancini has left me the doors wide open. He has spoken to me, he said that I'm training well and that he can see I'm doing better and better. He made it clear that my chance is near. I'm waiting for it, then when it comes it's just up to me."

How long will your contract with Inter last?
"My contract expires in 2008, but like I said before I have extended it by a year and I will play that year for free. So I'm now tied to Inter until 2009. I decided to do this because the club has always been close to me and I have always felt its faith in me. There has always been a very good rapport."

What do you think about the defensive errors in Siena which made Massimo Moratti a bit angry?
"When you score or let in goal it's always the merit or blame of the team, unless it's an extraordinary move by a striker. It hasn't been an easy time with all these draws - if at the start of the season we had thought about getting thirteen draws in twenty matches, we'd never have been able to do that. But it happened... We're alternating great things with some careless mistakes which have cost us precious points. We're trying to understand what's not working. We have changed a lot this year and we need time to do well. This is a 'transition' year for us. We have to lay the foundations so we can win and build an even better project."

Compared to other coaches you have worked with, does Mancini ask you to do anything in particular in defence?
"If there's carelessness in defence neither the coach nor the training methods have anything to do with hit. We are making some mistakes that we must try to eliminate. In this start to the season we have done some excellent things in terms of our organisation of play. We have been very unlucky in some instances, we have drawn matches we easily deserved to win. But like I said before we have to improve the team's solidity. Mancini has come in with new ideas, and new players have arrived. It's not easy to put all this together, especially in an environment where winning is a priority."

You joined Inter in a player swap involving Seedorf...
"Yes, but I was playing for Barcelona and I refused to go back to Milan."

So you're not offended by the jokes made yesterday by Paolo Berlusconi about player swaps between Inter and Milan?
"Absolutely not. I never make comparisons. I don't feel offended because he didn't mention my name. If he meant anything he wasn't good enough at explaining it, but I just think it was a joke and that's it. I was supposed to go back to Milan after playing in Barcelona but I didn't want to because before there had been contact with Inter and I wanted to play for Inter. I quite simply preferred Inter to Milan, despite that being the club I grew up at. These are the kind of things you feel inside yourself. I could have come here even two years earlier; Inter was part of my destiny and I wanted to come here at all costs. I wanted to change; I wasn't motivated at Milan any more."

Have you ever regretted that decision?
"No. I never regret my decisions, and this is also because they have never been made in bad faith. Things then might go well or badly, but I have never had any regrets."

inter.it

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
He sounds like he really love Inter. I hope he comes back and does well for you guys, it's been sad seeing all these money hungry pricks that don't give a crap about the club playing at Inter with no heart.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I love his heart. I lovge him!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
edit: wrong thread

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Regardless of what I think of him it still shows true character he probably feels he hasn't been able to give his all to the club.But anyway he's shown true spirit which can go along way to spreading along the team.We should be seeing more of this in football.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
You might like his heart and character, and by all means he is showing them with this gesture, but he stinks as a player. I wouldn't want him back even if he payed to play in FCB.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
? Go take your negativity and please keep it in the Barca forum please. Do not come here and spew this anti-Inter behavior here, thank you very much. Have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

·
21,026 Posts
Anti-Inter? How did you get that? :confused: Not at all, just anti-Coco;) But thanks for the warm welcome anyway

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
barça said:
Anti-Inter? How did you get that? :confused: Not at all, just anti-Coco;) But thanks for the warm welcome anyway
On Behalf of Pulsar:

Ok, you're welcome, just get out now.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
barça said:
You might like his heart and character, and by all means he is showing them with this gesture, but he stinks as a player. I wouldn't want him back even if he payed to play in FCB.
Nah personally I think he's a goose,But this gesture goes along way actually.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
the Barca back then.... were stinking all round...

Not only Coco.

but Barca... you are entitled to your opinions :)

·
21,026 Posts
Adriano10 said:
the Barca back then.... were stinking all round...

Not only Coco.

but Barca... you are entitled to your opinions :)
This is true. Bringing Coco was another example of how bad FCB was being run. Coco and company stunk.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
barça said:
This is true. Bringing Coco was another example of how bad FCB was being run. Coco and company stunk.

without ronaldiho u wouldn't be any better than coco days

1 - 20 of 25 Posts