Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which football fans across the world are the most annoying? the arrogant ones where you just want to punch them in the face?

I personally think it's the english, their ego is so high that even i can't support their own NT and i live in England ffs.

The only country that deserves to be arrogant is the Brazilians, they have achieved everything and also they have respect for everyone.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
English is the most arrogant

·
Historian
1,364 Posts
Well Cambs, I suspect that you do not support the English national team mainly because you are Turkish or have turkish ancestry.

The only country that deserves to be arrogant is the Brazilians, they have achieved everything and also they have respect for everyone.
Only Brazil? Im pretty sure Italy can be forgiven if they are arrogant every now and then.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i wouldn't exactly say brazil only but they are at my top list.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Club football or international football?

On the club level, English fans are generally cocky, but so are fans of other big teams like Madrid, Barca, ec. English fans are less aware of other European leagues than vice versa, but ignorance isn't necessarily the same as cockiness.

As for the international game, I'm not sure why the English would act cocky after the Euro 2008 qualifiers. ;)

·
Historian
1,364 Posts
well i wouldn't exactly say brazil only but they are at my top list.
You would think Brazilians had won 10 trophys instead of 5 by the ones I have talked to.;) The posters on here are cool tho.

I dont think Germany get the respect coming to them sometimes.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what a surprising choice, when I saw this thread England was the last nation I'd have thought you were talking about.
haha i don't have anything against the english, it's just some chelsea fans pissed me off yesterday/today so i decided to make a I-hate-cocky-english-fans group.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I dont think Germany get the respect coming to them sometimes.
Germany are feared & respected by all the footballing nations, everyone who knows about football respects the Germans.

What some clueless morons in forums like these think counts for little.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Cambs, I suspect that you do not support the English national team mainly because you are Turkish or have turkish ancestry.
actually, through my childhood years i used to support England and arsenal, also i used to live with an english family for like 3 years.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I think a few people are confusing a sense of humour with cockiness, the English generally aren't a confident bunch and often make light of the situation with faux bravado. Or in the context of the national team, just old fashioned sarcasm. As for club cockiness, go into those clubs forums, most of them don't even come from England.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
I think a few people are confusing a sense of humour with cockiness, the English generally aren't a confident bunch and often make light of the situation with faux bravado. Or in the context of the national team, just old fashioned sarcasm. As for club cockiness, go into those clubs forums, most of them don't even come from England.
Just like their good players.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
which football fans across the world are the most annoying? the arrogant ones where you just want to punch them in the face?

I personally think it's the english, their ego is so high that even i can't support their own NT and i live in England ffs.

some english fans can be arrogant sometimes cos we invented the game of football,and we do have a great set of players that underperform as a unit on the world and european stage

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:D

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
some english fans can be arrogant sometimes cos we invented the game of football,and we do have a great set of players that underperform as a unit on the world and european stage
Players are not perennial under or over performers, they are bad or good. ;)

1 - 20 of 141 Posts