• Dick Advocaat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i voted for starkovs since he brought latvia to their first every tournament against all the odds. he obviously doesnt have the reputation of some of the others but he has the biggest accomplishment imo.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I will finally get pro-patriotic a little and will vote for Plamen Markov. HE is by far the most intelligent and wise coach BG NT has had in ages. Extremely balanced, cool and smart. He brought this young team together and we finally have something to cheer for. The NT was a force in our Q group, leaving Croatia and Belgium behind with ease. Qualified with a game in hand. Didn’t lose a single one, until the last irrelevant game. We are playing modern football, sth, which could not be said about the great WC'94 team of Stoickov, Balakov and Kostadinov even. ;)

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Maybe someone else voted him, maybe an Austrian? Don't be an ignorant git bono, I thought you were above that.

And winning a group by 1 point is not easy in anyone's book man, maybe you Bulgarians have a different numbering system over there?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Scolari gets my vote. He is balanced in his tactics. The way I like it.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Ero said:
Maybe someone else voted him, maybe an Austrian? Don't be an ignorant git bono, I thought you were above that.

And winning a group by 1 point is not easy in anyone's book man, maybe you Bulgarians have a different numbering system over there?
Ero, its not about you or Croatians. You were in our group and thats why I think I have a pretty good idea what most of teh Cro fans think of Baric. I was simply quite surprised to see that here. Didnt expect it really. It is just by accident that I have some in-house knowledge on the subject.

Teh two Qs however are:
1. Have you voted Baric?
2. Is it not-true to say that Croatians at XT are the ones who vote by nationality the most? If not - do you think its fine?

Again, for me, it doesnt matter if it is Cro here or anyother country or fans. Still, teh very fact that almost n every poll there was a discussion like this one, means that people have noticed a trend, may be. And I am not saying there is anything wrong with i, if true. But somehow, voting on nationality basis (if) and then saying "No, we dont vote liek that" or "may be it was an Austrian" is strange!

·
©
7,230 Posts
I haven't voted for any Croatians yet and I won't vote for Baric either.

However, he has done a good job IMO. He has had to create a team from scratch and he has done that really quickly. At the beginning of the qualifiers we had holes everywhere and after a few games it looked horrible but he turned it around. So well done to Baric.:)

I am probably one of a few who have that opinion of Baric so I am not sure who out of the Croatian posters would vote for him..

I am with Luigi and am going to vote for Starkovs.:)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
First and only vote for a Dane.

Morten Olsen. Arrived when the Laudrup's had signed off and Schmeichel was soon to follow. Doesn't really have any stars, yet we play consistently quality football and have won our qualifying groups for both the WC and EURO.

Good selector. Good motivator. Brill tactician. Esteemed carrier as a player.

Only flaw: Intensely dislikes serieA. Doc would love him at Pool :D .

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
bono,

ask most Austrians, they think he's a great coach :)

1. no I haven't.

2. I don't know if it's true, but based on most of the comments given by Croatians, I would have to conclude that NO, itsn't at all true. I haven't voted for a single Croatian except Tudor..d11, grba, majstor etc. etc. voted many other players when every poll had a Croat in it from memory.

People have noticed a trend because of the votes and the fact that teams like Croatia (and Bulgaria) are underrated. So to vote for a Croatian you either must be
a. a Croatian
b. an idiot with no knowledge.
according to some people here...

If this poll was taken prior to WC 98 I would have voted 2-4 Croatian players into the best 11 while most of the rest wouldn't have voted any of them...

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Point taken. :) Agree on most of what you say ... that might be the case, true.
Why woudl Austrians vote for Baric, really? I dont know him before he too the Cro NT in teh midst of it all. Was he there before that?

Althou ;) a suspicion stays, as in every poll I believe, there are a regular of 2-4 votes for teh Cro name. Now with the striker - Prso has already two, with teh likes of RVN, Henry, Vieri, Raul in it. Of course, they might also been 2 Monaco fans who are not French. :D ;)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I went for Starkovs too. Looking at the qualifying campaign he pulled the biggest upset with his team. Everyone wanted Latvia in the play-offs as opponent, but yet his team shocked again. Others perhaps had a better record, but they also had better teams available and someone like Scolari only has some friendlies behind his name. The best coach at Euro 2004 will probably be someone else though, unless Latvia pulls some more upsets and qualifies with Holland for the second round. ;)

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Baric took the struggling Vienna team from relegation to winning the UEFA cup in 3 seasons, he also qualified with the Austrian NT for a WC the experts gave him no hope of qualifying for. He has coached 700 games in Austria and his win record is amongst the best of all Austrian coaches...they used to love him there...

Prso? yeah, he's a nobody, in fact, I hope nobody man marks him 'cause he's worthless :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts