Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ravanelli to Coach Perugia?
Friday 5 March, 2004

Perugia’s latest scheme is to make Fabrizio Ravanelli Serie A’s first ever player-manager at the end of this season.

“Ravanelli can replace Serse Cosmi on the bench,” announced publicity-seeking President Luciano Gaucci.

“He already has experience in England and is very close to his hometown club. I’d say he was the right person to take charge of the side.”

There are very strict rules over who can Coach a team in Italy, as potential tacticians must go through a special course in order to qualify for this role.

But there are loopholes, such as placing a qualified Coach on the bench as a figurehead, essentially leaving all the decisions to another man.

“I think that Ravanelli has the right leadership and tactical qualities to do well as a Coach,” commented Cosmi, who is expected to join a larger club next season.

“However, he must not make the mistake of thinking that the two roles are similar, because being a Coach is very different to playing football.”

White Feather himself – who returned to the Stadio Curi in January – tried to quash the mounting speculation.

“It is a little early to be discussing the future,” said the former Juventus and Dundee hitman.

Meanwhile, President Gaucci also confirmed that he would be offering Al-Saadi Gheddafi a new contract despite the fact the Libyan is yet to make an official appearance for Perugia.

Channel4.com

Larger club = Fiorentina? ;) Sure if we promote...

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
i thought ddv took his lesson but it seems not,gauci found a good sacker.....

Larger club = Fiorentina? Sure if we promote...
we dont need to promote for having the right to be called a biger club than perugia:rolleyes: even if we play in siere z we are a bigger club...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bati9 said:
we dont need to promote for having the right to be called a biger club than perugia:rolleyes: even if we play in siere z we are a bigger club...
Let's go and ask Cosmi which one he would rather coach: Perugia in A or not so sure to promote Fio in B? And now I am talking about next season, because I am sure he will not follow Perugia to B.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
first of all even if cosmi decided to follow them and not us that doesnt have to do anything with the status of our clubs...
second if he wasnt so may years there i really doubt that the choice would be perugia..
i really cant understand your logic in this....
the fact that henry prefers arsenal then real makes them bigger than real???i dont think so(i dont know if this is a good example but anyway...)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really know what we are talking here, but anyway...

I think for a coach the league where you coach is more important than the team you coach..

Let's say Napoli in B is of course bigger and more important team than Ancona in A (imo) so I would say many coaches would choose Ancona before Napoli. So coaching Perugia in A is more important than coaching Fio in B. This is my logic and my personal opinion. Of course fans have personal preferences and emotional reasons to follow certain teams and leagues where teams play doesn't matter.

But who knows if even Mondo will coach us next season, he seems to have courage to try different players (Di Livio benched in last match , Vryzas not automatical starter, etc)

I hope this clarificates my ideas.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Another load of publicity rubbish from Perugia.

Cosmi is a good coach and I'd welcome him in Firenze, but Mondonico is here, let's see what he can do.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Let's say Napoli in B is of course bigger and more important team than Ancona in A (imo) so I would say many coaches would choose Ancona before Napoli. So coaching Perugia in A is more important than coaching Fio in B. This is my logic and my personal opinion.
i think your ex isnt right.Napoli is in b for so many years there isnt so much enthusiasm by the fans ,president etc..
In the other hand we were on one hell of a crisis and it seems we got it through(a very very big part of it)very fast and there is still enthusiasm and most of all a president willing to do everything to get us where we belong.So i believe that if i were a footbaler or a coach and i was offered a 2 3 years contract for perugia in a or fiore in b i would choose fiore.
my point is that you are talking like you are missing the big picture,like we are in b for 30 years...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bati9 said:
my point is that you are talking like you are missing the big picture,like we are in b for 30 years...
Believe me I am not. I think players don't want to come to B (as we have seen, at least those mercenaries) mainly because there is no hope of playing in national team. Of course it's hard to come down to second grade if you have a chance to play in the "premier" league. Someone who did this was our own Batistuta and that's why I appreciate him so much (not to forget Il Soldatino)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Believe me I am not. I think players don't want to come to B (as we have seen, at least those mercenaries) mainly because there is no hope of playing in national team. Of course it's hard to come down to second grade if you have a chance to play in the "premier" league. Someone who did this was our own Batistuta and that's why I appreciate him so much (not to forget Il Soldatino)

Yes niko but i dont think we need nt material to take the siere b league and i dont also think that there are so many naive giocatori in siere a.
if we can find 5,10players that will have 1%of batis abilities taking the league will be like a walk in the park

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Terim wants Italian job Tuesday 9 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Fiorentina boss Fatih Terim says he would like a return to Italian football in the future.

Terim will end his stint with Galatasaray on March 21 after a disappointing season and he¡¯s already looking ahead.

"I¡¯m not interested in the Turkish national job because I see my future a long way from Turkey," he stated.

"Would I Coach in Italy? There is no reason why not. I would even take charge of a Serie B side."

That statement will alert a number of Italian clubs who still remember his spells with Fiorentina and Milan.

Although both clubs sacked him, he did impress especially when he got the Viola playing some great attacking football.

There is even the possibility that a return to the Artemio Franchi could occur as Emiliano Mondonico only has a contract with Fiorentina until the end of the season.

channel4

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terin was sacked because he signed a deal with Milan, not because of bad play or something to do with his leadership or tactics.

Is he loyal is another question.. :rolleyes:

I think he could come to coach us even in B (If we compare turkish league and Serie B there is no question of big difference in quality)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arianna said:
just one question:
Mondo is in Firence only since 1 month and u want already chage coach?:rolleyes:
Nobody wants to sack him now, but we all know he is contracted only until this season's end so looks like we will change a coach. Now we are just speculating who will be our next coach.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
nikofv said:
Nobody wants to sack him now, but we all know he is contracted only until this season's end so looks like we will change a coach. Now we are just speculating who will be our next coach.
but maybe in june he could sing for another year:D :pp

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe he could, but let's first see how this season ends. It's good to keep your options open.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts