Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall when I started following B arca it was when the legendary Johan Cryuff had the Catalans in his power,The team played some brilliant football and perhaps should've won far more than they deservedly did.Bakero,Nadal,Guardiola,Stoichkov,Romario put on some amazing shows.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Well mate a lot of us suspect those days are back but are holding our breath just in case. It's a Catalan trait not to count your chickens before they are hatched

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
let's wait untill the season is over before we start comparisons.
we could end up 2nd in the league & 2nd in the cl

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Stygmata said:
:D

Wouldn't that be just our luck? After all the euphoria and the hype, we'd end up winning nothing!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stygmata said:
Who's comparing?just saying hopefully Franky Rijkaard can bring back some of those glory days. :smileani:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I'll talk in 2010.

I agree. I know it's hard to do so after the last few years of disappointment, but people, you have to control yourselves. Remember how it took Cruyff a couple of seasons for his squad to click, and then came the 4 Ligas and the CL (among others), and now Barça is ONLY in first place in a season where there have been 13 Jornadas, have won nothing yet, and have suffered horrible luck with the injuries. We arel iving in the internet age, where we get news 24/7 about our team, and obsessively check the news, and because of that, the emotions and impatience becomes too much to handle. I remember years ago, and I would be lucky to see a Barça highlight or goal on TV. But since I have gone online (around 1997), it has been so easy to get news (these days it the match videos!). I think that the constant flow of information has contributed to our hunger for success, and general lack of patience.

I won't celebrate anything until this Liga is mathematically won, and even then, I would never jump the gun and compare the team with the DT, which not only had incredible success, but knew how to play with style for at least 4 years.
Like I said, I know it's hard to control the euphoria, but it is still very early.

;)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Schumy was trying to take the piss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts