Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just got CM4 off a teacher just to try. we can't get CM03/04 here, some rules or whatnot. anyways, i have a few questions

a) how come its so bloody hard to get a player transfered? i know its based on reality, but it's bloody hard!

b) are there any tricks to getting the transfer you want? their values are low but they never accept a higher bid. is it due to the indespensible, key player stuff?

c) what are the best ways to sweeten the deals? ie, using paying per appearence or goals, that sort of thing. will the computer understand the deal or will they just look at the value of the bid?

d) if i really want to offload players, how should igo about it? put them on transfer list? nobody ever comes for them. i offered some to clubs, but i'm unable to get full value for them, how do i make money off my players?and how does the exchange player deal work? does the computer take into account if the club needs them or not?

thanks for all the help

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
A, yes it is very hard to get a player transfered.

B, it all depends on what kind of players you go after. If you go after well known players that are stars of their respective teams, it will be harder to get them, then it would have been to get lesser known players.

If you for example try to buy the likes of Kaka and D'Alessandro at their actual value, you will always get your offers rejected. You will probably have to pay almost twice their actual value to get these kind of players.

Alot also depends on the fiancial situation of the club you are buying players from. If it is a club with bad finances, then it will be easier to get their players, then it woud have been if the club was rich.

C, the game does understand somwhat of the different clauses and fees, but in the end it is only a game, and we should not expect it to understand it all.

If you promise to give percentages of next sale and a fixed sum in monthly installments to the selling club, it might help to make the deal easier. As that sum in monthly installments is money the club will receieve regardless of how the player in question performs in the future.

D, selling players is one of the hardest parts in CM4. What you can do is to lower your asking price, and set the player on the transfer list. Getting full value for players is almost impossible, unless it is a really good player, and you don't want to sell him in the first place.

In the end, you will just have to keep an eye on whether there are clubs that are interested in buying your transfer listed players or not.

Also If you let those transfers listed players participate in some matches, it might help you to get rid of them easier.

Btw, you should download EP5, it will make the game alot better. You can do that by clicking here and then choose CM 4 Enh. Pack 5 (PC) (with EP3 data). :)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I know it's a little cheat but if you really want to sell someone put him on the transfer list and then give him the lowest contract offer you can imagine,with everything...Even with signing fee and normally some clubs will get interested... :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
If you find the game hard, then you should try and tweak the player instructions. Changing those can do wonders. ;)

Btw, although it has become harder to sell players in the later versions, its still not nearly as bad as it was in CM Italia. In that game you could only have 25 or 30 (I don't remember the exact figure) players in your squad, and once your squad got full, you were stuck with those players for the rest of the game.

As other clubs rarely made bids for your players (they had full squads to :rolleyes: :D ). And there were no bosman rules back then (93/94), so you could not release them on a free transfer neither. If a veteran retired, the game would send a youth player to your team, and therefore you could pretty much forget the transfer market in the second season or so in that game.

Because if you didn't have a full squad, the game would still send youth players to your senior team, and thus make sure that you would get a full squad in a couple of seasons.

It was still a great game though, and definitley the most addictive CM ever IMO, because of its simplicity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts