Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this at Xmas.

I've been playing Rushden & Diamonds.

I noticed that I can sign youth players(players on Youth Contracts) from anywhere in the world without a work permit! :eek:

In the training section, what has everyone done?
I have opted to hire several coaches and create specific shedules for types of players.
Basically copies of First team.
I use First Team as a "General" trainer.

I have a striking, midfield and defence schedule, where I've tried to make the training in that section as high as possible.
What is the green dotted line in the intensity bit? To signify over training or the level needed for improvements?

Why do some clubs keep offering the same player to you all the time? I have had Scunny offer me Woodison about 40 times, and I've only been playing 2 months! Seriously every other day, they offer him, its REALLLLLLYYYY annoying! I'm close to cracking, and buying him so that I stop getting these ruddy messages ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Youth don't need a work permit, because their too young, really. :eek:
I have done the same thing as you for training. A seperate schedule for goalkeeping, defence, midfield and attacking. I just pick what we don't do well in a match and give that aspect more attention in that weeks training. The line is the maximum you should have for each type of training (physical, mental, goalkeeping, defence and attacking).

Your players improve (or get worse!) however much training you give them. Its shown in the box at the bottom of the training page. You can click at the top of the column at the end (with the arrows or yellow lines) to compare the players which have improved, to the players which are the same, to the players which have got worse. Also on a player's profile you can check the "show training results" box to show the improvement of each aspect in that weeks training. Try and keep more improvements. If there are more players that are getting worse I change my schedule. :)

That is startange about the offfers because no club has ever offered me anybody. :confused: I think there is an option (which I can't seem to find) that stops clubs offering junk to you. I think I should hire a few new coaches because I am still using the ones I started with. . .

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Clubs ususally offers me players, when I'm managing wealthy clubs and have players from poor clubs on my shortlist.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I have some players on my shortlist, just so I can be notified when their contracts runs out, so I can pick them up for nothing when that happens.

I have always over 500 players on my "shortlist". :eek: :D

I just double chekced and I have actually 687 players on my shortlist in my current game.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I had about 50 but then I cut them down to about 5. 4 of them being my January signings who have already signed and the other being Ciprian Marica. Young Dinamo Bucuresti player who I want to follow the progress of. :)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Over 500?? :eek: Crazy Drac... :D

Actually, I once created a "shortlist" in CM Scout a few months ago that had 300 players on it. Unfortunately, those lists can only be imported as scout lists and not as shortlists. Regardless, it crashed the game (this was in CM 01/02), so I trimmed the list down to 150 players, which was accepted. :confused:

But 600 something...? Holy crap! :eek: :D

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I basically shortlist players just for fun. :D If I see a player that is performing well, I will shortlist him, if for nothing else then just to follow how his career goes(went) in the future.

I also never remove players from the shortlist, so currently I have over 201 players that are 35+ years olds, and will never make it to any of the clubs I manage anyway, but I still havent bothered to remove them. :D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I only have the players I am seriously interested in either at the present or in the future. I don't keep junk there because I want to be able to notice the players I am after and I couldn't if there were loads of 35 year olds there with them. :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well I keep a track on players that I'm interested in, and there is the filter option, so having the shortlist full of 35+ years olds, who aren't going anywhere, really doesn't hurt. :D

Plus I find it quite fun to keep a track on certain players, even if I dont intend to buy them.

In earlier CMs (where the shortlists were limited to a certain amount of players), I never shortlisted junk, but now that I can have as many players as I want on the shortlist, I do have a habit of shortlising almost anyone. :D

But when you are managing a lower league club, you never no when this can come in handy. For example if I manage Club A from 2003-2010, and then decide to take over Club B (which at the point resides in a lower division), then certain players that I shortlisted while I was the manager of Club A but never bought, might be interesting now, as they will be older (maybe out of contract in a years time) and cheaper, and might be interested in joining a lower league club just to get some final matches before retiring.

So that way this does pay out, especially when I receive messages about 34 years old former wolrd stars being out of contract before anyone else, and can pick them up for nothing before other clubs gets the chance to make a move. :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah but thats what is strange, he isn't on my shortlist anyway, nor is anyone from that cluib ??????

I'm confused. :)

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
Must be a problem with the unpatched version of the game then..

The one thing I know is that the first patch made it so that club's would only be able to offer no more than one player who isn't on your shortlist in an exchange deal offer they make..

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Or yo might have a filter on. Click the filter button and then configure filter and uncheck everything, see if that helps. :)

·
Registered
68,998 Posts
I figured it our last night after freakin I asked my dad! :tongue: Just starting a new game as Derby County now and have played only three friendly matches and the season starts soon.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts