Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a football/championship manager thread in our forum? :D

O-NRG has hinted on it in the Player of The Month : February thread. Sounds great for me, who doesn't like talking abt fantasy football eh?

Reply here with your thoughts ;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Yeah, we could have a network game. Not English leagues though cos everyone would want to be Liverpool

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know how to set up a network game across the world?

We'd have to set up a few things first, like:
- what game to play
- how to connect
- rules & stuff
- time to play together

What say you, SM & the rest of the guys?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Actually after thinking about it, I don't think we should make a sticky in here, there's already enough stickeys in here IMO, and there is already a Champ/Football Manager forum on xtratime, maybe we should just make a seperate thread in there and all post our teams.

You know how to set up a network game across the world?

We'd have to set up a few things first, like:
- what game to play
- how to connect
- rules & stuff
- time to play together

What say you, SM & the rest of the guys?
I'm all for a network game;
- what game to play: I've got every CM/FM since bout 98 so I don't mind which version we play, although I prefere the updated one (fm2005)
- how to connect: Person with the best connection should host it because then it will run quicked, i think.
- rules & stuff: I think take Spanish and Italian leagues, that way depending how many join in there is enough top teams to go around and we wont have to fight over who is Liverpool, I think pickin a team like Madrid or Juve rather then Exetor or Brighton would be better for our first network game.
- time to play together: Well usually when I'm on XT it's when I'm at college (**** working) so I can't play then but I do go on a fair bit at home I can play most nights from about 9PM GMT time onwards.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
lol, no i definitely can't do a network game, too much work in university, so thats off the books for this year.. (although i do get off around late april ;))

well i won't make this a sticky but lets use this as a discussion for how we play our beloved reds :)

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
well u can tell of existing ones too
lets just share our general info and how we lead the team to glory :)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
well u can tell of existing ones too
I don't usually be Liverpool because it breaks my heart dropping any of the players, so I end up not signing nor selling anyone

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Oh yeah? I just got it last week and i'm finishing season 2. lol

i've gotten rid of some guys but the quality i've kept. Trying to get rid of Henchoz, Didi, Traore, and some not so good youngesters, i got rid of Finnan, diao.

anyways i'll write more later, i need to finishing cramming for my midterm, its in 1.5 hrs :O
wtf am i doing on XT?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I played this formation with these players for around 5 seasons starting from this current season before quitting due to being bored:

-------------Kirkland--------------
----------------------------------
-Finnan--Kuffour---Dawson--Traore
--SWP----Gerrard---Alonso--Kewell
-----------Ciise-----Baros---------

Subs:
Sinama
Le Tallec
Hyppia
Johnson
Babayaro
Welsh
Potter

Not much class on paper there, but my record speaks for itself :D

2 EPLs
3 UCLs
1 FA Cup
2 League Cups
1 Charity Shield

Beaten teams like AC Milan, Arsenal, Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid along the way to winning the UCLs.

What about you guys?

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Well, I play LMA manager with Liverpool,
Finished my first season in charge:
- 5th in the EPL, 2 points behind fourth placed Newcastle
- Won the UEFA Cup (Was in the CL, finished third in a group consisting of Werder Bremen, Barcelona and Ajax)
- Not very impressive runs in the domestic cups (FA Cup and League Cup)

Squad at the start of the season was the same as our current squad (minus Mori) but with all the players back from loan in the January transfer window, like Diouf and Le Tallec, but with a defender I signed from Juve, I think his name is Muliano, played him for a few games but realized he was not better than the defenders I already have :undecide:
Also got Downing on loan for a season, didn't play him much either

Fromation for most of the season:
1-3-4-2 or
4-4-2 with a diamond midfield

Squad:
-----------Kirkland----------
-----------Hyypia-----------
Finnan------Carra-------Riise
----------------------------
Smicer/LG-Gerrard-Hamman/Xabi-Kewell
-------Baros-------Cisse------

Good moments/points in my first season in chrage:
Beat Barca in the CL, and R. Madrid in the UEFA Cup semis.
Cisse finished the season as top scorer with over 40 goals in all competitions.
Beat Man U. in the League Cup and in the EPL at home (but lost away)
Re-built a stand, total capacity is about 55 thousand now, I choose the wrong investor though, if I choose a better investor I could've built a whole new stadium!
Won the Manager of the month award twice :cool:

Bad moments:
Lost to Ajax at home when I had the lead for most of the game, followed that a 2-2 draw with Barca away after leading 2-0 for most of the game
Arsenal beat me home and away narrowly (if I'm not mistaken I had 2 players sent off in the away game :irritate: )
In the January transfer window, I made bids for like 5 players, none of the clubs even replied :wallbang:
Apart from Cisse's wonders and about 25 goals scored by Baros, all other players rarely scored, and the finishing overall was crap (despite the high number of strikes), some games ended with like 10 shots on goal and no or a single goal :googly:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Last time I played Premier Manager I started my first season with 17 straight wins, lost the next game and the chairman claimed we could be placed higher!!!! I got bored and switched it off

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had to sell Riise to a rampant buying Chelsea, I got Traore to score a last-minute goal that gave my side a 3-3 draw agaisnt amid table team i don't remember.

Besides that, I tried buying Ashley Cole & Ledley King but got rejected. The players were worth 30 million pounds and I offered 60 million (that was how rich i was, didn't really buy much) but both were rejected, even when I unsettled them by publicly announcing I like them.

crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts