Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the season almost over we can look back and judge which clubs profited the most from the winter/summer transfer windows:

For me in the summer there is no doubt that Bayern made the best signings in the form of Luca Toni and Ribery; I think Bayern are on course to win 4 trophies this season(Uefa Cup Semi; Liga Pokal trophy; DFB Pokal Final and the league nearly won quite ahead of time). Toni has 33 goals in about 40 games while Ribery is easily up there as the best midfielder in Germany.

In the winter I would say Portsmouth did the best bit of buisness with Defoe and Diarra; both have been a class act and Portsmouth are on course to qualify for Europe and are playing in the FA Cup Final where they are favorites.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Yeah both Ribery & Toni have been superb for Bayern, but I would not call it a grand success unless we win the Uefa Cup.

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Man U's summer looks very good looking back at it (Anderson, Nani, Hargreaves and Tevez).

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Torres has got to be the best, a lot of money but has shut everyone up who questioned it.

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
Agreed about Torres. Worth every penny. Truly World Class striker with still many years left ahead of him. Ribery is a close second though. Bayern needed a creative midfield talent in the same way Liverpool needed a centre-forward who would bang in the goals, and Ribery's lifted Bayern's game a lot. Like Torres, he still has plenty of good years ahead of him.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
In a loan deal Birmingham did quite well with Zarate, his goals coming into this final stretch will probably see them survive.

In a co-own Borrellio to Genoa but co-own's only affect Italy.

An actual transfer I would agree on Torres despite the huge cost involved. Inler Gokhan of Udinese in terms of a bargain price was a great buy as well.

Finally in terms of risk, Samp gambling on Cassano really has paid off brilliantly for them

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Thierry Henry.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Juan Manuel Mata! :stuckup:

·
Administrator
52,984 Posts
In overall its Bayern (why isnt Klose mentionned?) then Man U. Individual buys are Torres, Toni, Seydou Keita (no one mentionned him???), Momo Sissoko, Cassano (loan), Sagna, Ribery and couple of other players.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW I mean transfers this season but can't fix this mistake now

·
Administrator
52,984 Posts
Everyone are mentionning transfers this season, so no biggy people got the hint.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Nobody saying Racing? Euzebieuz Smolarek has replaced the irreplacable Nikolai Zigic, and Aldo Duscher and Mohammed Tchite have been very important.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts