Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glen,
Fifa have just announced that their will be anothe Club world cup, with 12 clubs this time around.
Corinthians and Palmeiras are the only clubs already qualified...as we are the WORLD CHAMPIONS..and the pigs are the the LIbertadores champions of 99.
Each federation wil be able to pick 2 teams ....I think Europe will pick Real Madrid and Valencia.
So Glen , the basic thing is that this tournament is a REALITY.....as I said since the start, before I even knew Corinthians was going to be the World Champions :)
Its just gonna be as the World Cup, almost nobody believed in it..and today is the biggest tournament ever! :)
CORINTHIANS..THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER!!
Let's save some money to go to hte tournament..and win it again :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hehe Ze :).
I never doubted that this would happen for one second. It's an interesting tournament for sure, but I can't rate it as an honest WC because it's more of a world football promotion really. Two European sides and two South American out of 12 teams? I mean- honestly- where will the rest come from ?
The big tournaments like Champs. League + your South American equals are certainly very prestigous, but if we made a tournament with the Italian,Spanish,English and German titleholders + the Brazilian, Argentinian, CONCACAF and Asian Champions that would be more like it.

As it is now I would never use the term World Champions- even if it was Juve who won it :).

Ciao.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glen,
Fifa organized it, and Sepp Blatter gave the trophy...I cannot find anything higher than that :)
See....its the same thing, Asia have 3 places for the country Wc, and South America has only 4! Never an Asian country has gonne thorough the second round of the WC, now for South America..in the last WC ony Colmobia did not go thorough (although they do have talent to at least reach the second round.....their problem is the lakc of management and experience...when the tough gets going they cannot handle it, like us, Argentina or Uruguay).
BUt again, the Italian clubs are not in it, because they have not won nothing. And I do agree with you, their should be more places to Europe and South America....but as it is a WORLD tournamnent, and FIFA want to expand the game worldwide, it is fair these small "footballing continents" have their share. :)
BUt no problem...I'll tell the Corinthians and Palmeiras directors not to make another final...hopefully it will ba easier fro us to get Real Madrid in another final (toyota cup is already booked :))...

Just a queation.....will the tournament be in England?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I know it may seem unfair that Asia has 3 and South America 4 for the WC while Europe has a host of spots. But the reason for Asia's tally compared to yours is obviously that FIFA want's to expand it's market.
I believe South America ought to have 5 spots because it's always interesting to watch their teams, but in all honesty Europe should still have more, as we simply have alot of competitive nations over here, while as you say- South America is so totally dominated by 2-3 countries.

About the club WC- I understand FIFA's motivations- I just don't rate it that highly. Just like it's the case in terms of national teams Europe has SO many competible club teams compared to everywhere else, while the South American top is just as strong as our top sides.

You know what I mean, right ? having said this I also know that my version of the WC will never become reality, and to some extend I'm happy as there's enough football on display as it is.

Ciao.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, i'm not saying Europe sholkd have less....i'm just saying South America should have more.
After all, it would be more worthy to have Uruguay or the Czech republic in a WC than Tunisia, or Saudi Arabia!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Sorry to comment the personal opinion exchange here, but Glen, let's not be so northern serious with all the VERY valid arguments you present. Let's be southern emotional, let's just jubilee the tornament which gave us CORINTHIANS, THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER !!

CESF
CESC

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
this tournament will always be garbage until they change the selection of the teams. only 2 teams from south america and 2 from europe is STUPID! the tournament should be expanded to include champions from every country or it should be cancelled -- then CORINTHIANS would be the only champion ever.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fALCAO,
why garbage?
how can you make a tounament with champions of every country? Its unrealistic.
We are the World champions....that hte bottom line. Fifa organized it, and we played by the rules. If Italian, Malsian, Japanese teams can't get into the tournament it is not my faulyt...they should win a continental throphy or something then would be elgible to play. B the was in 99 Juventus din't win nothing, so why should they be going to the World cup?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts