Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and so my Championship Manager 03/04 adventure begins. At first I was not quite sure whether to go with Crvena Zvezda, River Plate, or Milan. Then, after deciding on River Plate, I was not quite sure whether to play only the South American leagues in full detail or to also include some European leagues without full detail. Finally, I decided to chose Argentina with full detail, and then Brazil, Colombia, England, Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Spain without full detail. Of course, I have not progressed through the game yet, so I don't know how fast or slow this setup might be. If it is too slow, I'll restart the game with only Argentina, Brazil, and Colombia. Speaking of which, despite the huge number of leagues available, I was a bit disappointed: no Chile or Uruguay? Anyway, then I started at the training sessions for a while, and then went on to look for a new assistant manager. And then it got late already, and so I'll continue this adventure tomorrow.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Tim said:
...and so my Championship Manager 03/04 adventure begins. At first I was not quite sure whether to go with Crvena Zvezda, River Plate, or Milan. .
Was kind of excited when I saw you mention Crvena Zvezda in the other thread but as long as you still do the challenge one day, it's all good.

Good luck with River although Boca's the team in Argentina, just so you know I too have a been a frequent reader of your, Drac's and Tolga's threads so actually good luck to all of you and Tolga, continue will ya. :D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drulo, I am still not totally certain. It is a bit overwhelming with all the new leagues. I've often played with River in the past, so I might go with Red Star afterall. I'm still on the first day, so it is no big deal deleting the current save and starting a new.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, now that I want to exlore a potential Red Star came, I cannot decide whether to go with my traditional European setup (England, Germany, Italy, and Spain, along with Croatia and Serbia) or to go with something East European (Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine). Sigh...

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
My purpose wasn't to pressure you into taking over CZ Tim. :D

But as someone who's done it and is currently doing it I'll share what I know. The squad is good at the beginning of the game and there's plenty of youth players who'll grow into Serbia's future NT members if given a proper chance. Financially you'll simply need to reach CL to earn some cash. The domestic league shouldn't cause too many problems, but you should be aware of the black and white neighbours.

There are also plenty of ex CZ players on the game with Red Star listed as their favourite club which naturally helps in bringing them back.

But about loading EE leagues, I use Tolga's "retain players" option and put all the major South American, African and Eastern European teams in it so the squads are all complete without loading their respective leagues.

Having said that, good luck with whichever team you pick, although I'd like to see you bring Red Star back to the top. :cool:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drulo, you didn't pressure me, but you reminded me of something. I've been wanting to manage CZ for a long time, and I told myself ever since Serbia & Montengro has been included in Championship Manager that my first game would be CZ. I've managed the other clubs plenty of times, but never CZ, so now that I have the chance I think I should take it.

Thanks for the tips. I've already noticed that the finances relatively good and that CZ has many good players. I am currently sorting through the free transfers and some Serbs abroad to find potential candidates to ad to the squad.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Can you choose more than one nationality to retain?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It causes the game to load players from a specific nation/club, even if that nations/clubs league isn't running.

Tolga explained all about it, in this thread. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts