Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to compile as many football anthems as I can, for a website to be opened in the near future. If you could provide me with club songs, it would be much appreciated. Any club, any division is welcome - the more, the better! Post them here, or PM me with them. Thanks!

I already know/have the one that goes 'with the green and white across my chest, and a four-leaf clover on my breast' ... but anything and everything beyond that, I'm interested in seeing.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
This should be interesting...

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
This should be interesting...
I'll PM you a list of Celtic songs.

I'm not sure if any Rangers fans can help you out though, as far as i'm aware they don't have any club anthems - they prefer to sing about Fenian blood, their hatred of Catholics and the Pope, the UVF etc.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
How predictable can one guy be?

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
How predictable can one guy be?
It's only predictable because you know it's true - and the truth hurts, as they say.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
You're right. I'm in so much pain here.

Everyone knows who the most bitter person on this forum is.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
You're right. I'm in so much pain here.

Everyone knows who the most bitter person on this forum is.
A few home truths making you uncomfortable eh?

How ironic that i'm being called 'bitter' by the bigoted racist incidentally.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Just to clarify, are you calling me a bigoted racist?

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Just to clarify, are you calling me a bigoted racist?
Well i wouldn't have a reason to be calling anyone else involved in this thread that would i?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Cool. Just like to know where I stand.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I guess that would make you a prejudiced rebel then wouldn't it? I have yet to see one sectraian, racist or derogatory term about Catholics, or any other religion for that matter, from ANY Rangers fan on this board.

Now as for bigoted. I did this definition for you before and you seemed to ignore it.

Bigoted - blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others

Your accusation of Angle Eyes there is a prime example of the above definition. Good work.

Man, get off your high horse and stop generalising EVERY Rangers fan. As much as you don't want to beleive it - we are good guys. We don't fall into your petty minded generalisation.

As a forum mod, you behave disgracefully. No doubt, that will be me saying that becuase I am a bigoted racist though.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Laddie said:
I guess that would make you a prejudiced rebel then wouldn't it? I have yet to see one sectraian, racist or derogatory term about Catholics, or any other religion for that matter, from ANY Rangers fan on this board.

Now as for bigoted. I did this definition for you before and you seemed to ignore it.

Bigoted - blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others

Your accusation of Angle Eyes there is a prime example of the above definition. Good work.

Man, get off your high horse and stop generalising EVERY Rangers fan. As much as you don't want to beleive it - we are good guys. We don't fall into your petty minded generalisation.

As a forum mod, you behave disgracefully. No doubt, that will be me saying that becuase I am a bigoted racist though.
First of all, i'm not 'accusing' Angle Eyes of anything. I'm stating the facts, and if you want the proof then look at the 'Celtic v Rangers' thread in the 'World Football' forum.

Second, again i'm stating fact. I never said that ALL of the Rangers fans on this board were racist or bigoted, although as Angle has proven in the aforementioned thread, clearly some do exist on here.

I said that the vast majority of 'Rangers songs' are more concentrated on sectarianism and hatred, rather than a celebration of their own club. Which again, is true.

So care to point out to me where or how i've behaved disgracefully exactly?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ok then, show me the racism from Angle Eyes. Not your twisted interpretations of something he has posted, show me the racist comments. Once again, not your twisted interpreatations to make your arguments stronger, actual racism.

Edit - Just seen your editted post. Your disgraceful behaviour -

You mean apart from calling a member a racist? Something which seems apparent to you and nobody else.
Your constant insults to Chivo.
Your constant insults of Rangers.
Your somewhat disturbing attitude and obsession with generalising Rangers fans as bigoted racists or Cetholic haters.

Just a few to get you going.

Oh and please have more than one post about calling the stadium the potato bowl. One, ill advised joke, doesnt make a racist. I know you don't want me to go and embarrass you by posting up similar if not worse posts that that made by you.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Why should i provide more than the example of the 'Potato Bowl' post? Are you saying that because it's only one instance that somehow his racism is acceptable?

Chivo is quick enough to dish the stick out, so i'm sure he's man enough to take it back.

I know you don't want me to go and embarrass you by posting up similar if not worse posts that that made by you.
Go right ahead, 'embarass' me with your interpretation of posts i've made that have been worse than racism. I look forward to it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Forgive me for being so silly here, but I wasn't aware I had said you had made posts that were worse than racism.

A tip - Read, think, post. Read twice if you have to.

Off the top of my head, I can remember you calling a member an ignorant f******t. Hardly the post of a responsible, mature forum mod. No matter what was said before hand, thats just pathetic.

As well as you calling our support knuckle draggers, hate filled and anti catholic, with your generalisations. In other words calling me,and everbody else that. So, answer me, am I anti-catholic? Am I hate filled? Am I even protestant? Do you even KNOW?

Not to mention bringing up Sectarianism every chance you get. Over and over. I can handle you bringing it up, but I am sick of you doing it over and over for no other reason than to wind people up. Yet, I coudl live with that. IF you didnt generalise us in with them. It's incorrect and a pathetic attempt to try and get one up on people here. By accusing them of something they have no part in, and no way of stopping.

So, if Angle is a racist because of one ill advised, tongue in cheek comment, then I guess you are homophobic? I assume it was faggot you were calling him? I could be wrong.

Either way, is that anyway to behave? In a position of responsibility?

And no I wasnt saying that one incident makes him innocent. Neither does it make him racist. It was a poor decision.

So, prove me wrong. Show me more proof that he is a racist. Surely you have more proof than that.

In fact don't bother. You are a poor forum mod, a poor example to possible new posters and its not worth talking to the brick wall. Talk to yourself, as it's pointless trying to have a discussion with you. I have no doubt in your next post there will be some excuse for you avoiding and dodging the truth here.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Laddie said:
Oh and please have more than one post about calling the stadium the potato bowl. One, ill advised joke, doesnt make a racist. I know you don't want me to go and embarrass you by posting up similar if not worse posts that that made by you.
That's where you said that i've made "similar if not worse posts" than Angle Eyes' racist remark. You're forgiven for being silly.

The rest of your post is all claptrap and not worth my time, and since you don't want me to respond anyway then i won't bother.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bloody hell...you Scots are almost as bad (or worse?) than the various Bosnians... :p

If I may ask though...could we please keep this thread on topic? Thanks :)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Sorry mate. It's just unfortunate that this was where the thread was always going to go :sigh:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
The Blue Sea of Ibrox

I've sailed the wild atlantic
Cross the north pacific shore
I've sailed around the storney caves
And heard the fartys roar
I've flyed the Indian ocean
I've sailed the China sea
But there`s a sea back home in scotland
More than all the rest to me