Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like a nice idea, streaming games to a console with minimal specs so that you no longer need a high-end device.

The days of bragging about how PC games are supposedly far superior to PS4 or Xbox One will be over. And you can keep the money in your pocket that you would otherwise spend on a new machine every couple of years.

But there's a downside too. Game prices will likely go up. You're now reliant on an internet connection. The availability of the host's servers becomes crucial. Hosts may attempt to control your user experience. And possibly worst of all, will have your gameplay constantly monitored and analyzed for whichever purpose the host deems fit.

·
Registered
17,524 Posts
My gaming PC from 2012 still works perfectly with new games. I am amazed by that myself. And it wasn't THAT expensive if you count the longevity.

Haven't had a chance to test it with RDR2 yet. But I guess that one should be considered high end graphics, at least I expect that.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,528 Posts
As a PC gamer I will as usual let the plebs thoroughly beta test these streaming services before I even consider having a look at them. By the sound of things it hasn't exactly been a smooth ride so far. Stadia sounds like it's in pretty rubbish shape at the moment, not to mention expensive since you pay full price for the games on top of paying for the streaming service. Microsoft's xCloud seems a bit more promising in that regard. Both services seem to be mostly targeted at mobile gaming for now though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts