Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am playing with Liverpool in 2005/06 right now and I just won the Premiership title after a great comeback. I was leading the table by a point or two most of the season with Leeds being my closest opponent. A few silly defeats/draws allowed Leeds to get back on top with 7/8 games left. They were leading the table by 4 points with 2 games left, and played home to mid-table side W.B.A. In other words all they needed to wrap up the title was a win, but surprisingly enough, they lost 1:0. I won my game with Fulham 1:0 and so the gap was just 1 point in the last round. Leeds playing away to Newcastle (tough but again not doing very well in the league), while I was away to relegation candidates Barnsley. Newcastle took the lead early in the game, and Barnsley did the same a few minutes later. my team kept struggling, had a goal disallowed, and in the 2nd half finally scored 2 goals to win the game 2:1. (Barnsley were relegated) Meanwhile Leeds' game ended 2:1 to Newcastle which meant I won the Premiership, just a few days after beating Leeds in the FA Cup final. :tongue:

Anyone want to share their close title-races?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Was that on Cm 03/04? Haven't had a close one yet, only won the league once, with Barcelona, quite comfortably. Now at Valencia. Though there was a good end to the season in Spain last term, despite the fact it had nothing to do with me. Real Madrid had been leading the league for ages but only went in to the final day with a 2 point advantage on Barcelona.

Final day of season : Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona!

Quite a few of my signings still played for Barcelona, so I think I should take some of the credit for that! BTW isn't it annoying when you make really good signings at a club, they then sack you, and the club go on to win the Champions Cup and League due to the great players you left them with! Happened to me quite a few times so far...not that I'm bitter or anything!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I finished second 5 times in a row, and lost 3 CL finals during those 5 years. In one of those years I lost the championship play off, as in Italy if two teams have the same amount of points at the end of the season, a play off is scheduled.

In my 7th season though (in my first season I finished 3rd), I finally won the league by not loosing once in 34 games. I believe I also finally won the CL in that season.

This was in 02/03 though, as I have only played 4 obligatory games so far in 03/04.

·
*the drum drum*
42,562 Posts
I had a sweet 2 point victory over Galatasaray in CM01/02 before..
They lost to a average side at home while we won, and the 1 point deficit reversed to a 2 point lead on the last day :D
Ah Terim, vah Terim... :howler:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am playing as portsmouth in the premier division, it took me two seasons to build up a sqaud and settle in the league, so then in the third season i was doing quite well in the league, around fifth place all sason and arsenal seemed to be running away with the league, then towards the end of the season, i had a real good winning run and i was aiming for a third placed finish and a spot in the champions league spot, so anyway, i was third with one game to go and 1st and second were playing each other for what it seemed would be the league decider, if they drew and i won my game by two or more goals then i would win the league, i couldnt believe that i had a longshot at the title, i eneded up winning my game 4-0 after a sending off for the other team, so i just was watching the latest scores, arsenal were beating man u 1-0 and not long left, then it is full time and the scores got updated, man u got a last minute penalty and equalised, i had won the league, i oculdnt believe it, and i only won it on goal difference, three teams all on the same amount of points

1 - 8 of 8 Posts