Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is one needed?

Although it has been quite a good year there are a few players on the books that for mine, dont cut it as first rate players. Some players may remain as squad players but would not make the best 11 week in and out ie. Phil Neville.

- David Bellion
- Quinton Fortune
- Darren Fletcher
- Liam Miller
- Jose Kleberson
- (Every Goal Keeper)
- John O'Shea

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Is one needed?

Although it has been quite a good year there are a few players on the books that for mine, dont cut it as first rate players. Some players may remain as squad players but would not make the best 11 week in and out ie. Phil Neville.

- David Bellion
- Quinton Fortune
- Darren Fletcher
- Liam Miller
- Jose Kleberson
- (Every Goal Keeper)
- John O'Shea

Quinton Fortune has been playing some quality football lately, so has John O'Shea, they can be usefull fillers. The rest I agree with except Kleberson, I can see talent there.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
also add smith , sylvestre and then u r fine :shades:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Is one needed?

- David Bellion
- Quinton Fortune
- Darren Fletcher
- Liam Miller
- Jose Kleberson
- (Every Goal Keeper)
- John O'Shea
I agree on all of them except for Fletcher and O'Shea. O'Shea can play on several positions so he might still come in handy. Fletcher played some fairly good games for us I wouldn't write him off quite yet. Good backup for C Ron.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Only a part time fan could even think about getting rid of Fortune, Fletcher & O'Shea

Did I see Smith mentioned there too???

Anyway, a clear out won't happen but, no I don't think we need one.

There's not alot wrong with the team, we've only conceded 7 more goals than Chelsea in the premiership (and most of those were conceded whilst Rio & Heinze were away).

We've been on a tremendous run since late October, any other year it's title winning form. All we need is a stronger squad.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I relise most of these player will not leave and are good for deapth. However, are they really of the class to be playing for Utd?

- O'Shea & Fletcher I had high hopes for but neither has achived their potential.

- I like Fortune and would keep him personally.

- David Bellion is simply not good enough.

- Liam Miller I didnt understand. Does anyone beleive he will be able to take over from Keane?

- Kleberson must go.

- Howard doesnt cut the mustard, Carrol is not going to be resigned, I havent seen alot of Ricardo

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Hey! How about giving up Ronaldo while your at it.
Yeah, no shit O Glorioso.

Howard doesn't cut the mustard???? He was goalie of year in the EPL??? Maybe your defense doesn't cut the mustard....

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flo said:
Yeah, no shit O Glorioso.

Howard doesn't cut the mustard???? He was goalie of year in the EPL??? Maybe your defense doesn't cut the mustard....
You beleiev Howard is good enough to be Utds no.1 keeper?

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
You beleiev Howard is good enough to be Utds no.1 keeper?
He showed he was last year and seems more than up to the task since getting his job back lately.....That United defense is crap....

He's a hell of alot better than freaking Carroll and Barthez....

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flo said:
He showed he was last year and seems more than up to the task since getting his job back lately.....That United defense is crap....
Howard is prone to error and makes too many mistakes.

Manchester Uniteds defence is very good, one of the worlds best. In 30 games they have only consited 17 goals (7 more than Chelsea). By far the 2nd best in the EPL.

Whilst Rio & Heinze are playing they look class at the back.

He's a hell of alot better than freaking Carroll and Barthez....
Doesnt make him a good keeper.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Howard is prone to error and makes too many mistakes.

Manchester Uniteds defence is very good, one of the worlds best. In 30 games they have only consited 17 goals (7 more than Chelsea). By far the 2nd best in the EPL.

Whilst Rio & Heinze are playing they look class at the back.

Doesnt make him a good keeper.
Heinze and Rio and that's it....Everyone else is rubbish...

Brown :yuck:
Silvestre :yuck:
Neville Brothers :yuck:
O'Shea :yuck:

Howard proved his worth last year....And Fergie's approach to keepers ever since Schmeicel left has been shite as well.....

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flo said:
Heinze and Rio and that's it....Everyone else is rubbish...

Brown :yuck:
Silvestre :yuck:
Neville Brothers :yuck:
O'Shea :yuck:

Howard proved his worth last year....And Fergie's approach to keepers ever since Schmeicel left has been shite as well.....
A back 4 of:

Code:
Gary Neville /Rio Ferdinand / Mikael Silvestre / Gabriel Heinze
Is strong.

Fact is Gary is a good, solid player whilst not a star gets the job done and is underrated outside Utd supporters. Mikael is Silvestre is the weak point yet usually does enough... just.

Utd should splash out on a a class keeper.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Howard is was good but is too inconsistent, he makes too many mistakes, like carrol, the level Man Utd play it simply cant afford for goalkeepers to make mistakes, remember the clanger against Porto last year? You never see Buffon, Cech, Casillas make mistakes in important games. We need a world class goalkeeper of there sort of quality, no more howards and carrols. We should release both of them, perhaps keep Howard as a no.2 Also Neville, Heinze and Rio are quality, full strength Man Utd is actually quite good, only 17 goals.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
FiveMagics said:
Howard is was good but is too inconsistent, he makes too many mistakes, like carrol, the level Man Utd play it simply cant afford for goalkeepers to make mistakes, remember the clanger against Porto last year? You never see Buffon, Cech, Casillas make mistakes in important games. We need a world class goalkeeper of there sort of quality, no more howards and carrols. We should release both of them, perhaps keep Howard as a no.2 Also Neville, Heinze and Rio are quality, full strength Man Utd is actually quite good, only 17 goals.
Gary Neville should never wear the Man U jersey. It's a fricken disgrace. As for Silvestre, the boy sucks and it's plain and simple.

Howard is great with a decent 50% defense. He should get a 100% defense though. Tis why Petr Cech looks so damn good all the time.

Oh and by the way, why not clean out Cristiano Ronaldo as well?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Flo said:
Gary Neville should never wear the Man U jersey. It's a fricken disgrace. As for Silvestre, the boy sucks and it's plain and simple.

Howard is great with a decent 50% defense. He should get a 100% defense though. Tis why Petr Cech looks so damn good all the time.

Oh and by the way, why not clean out Cristiano Ronaldo as well?
Gary Neville is a quality right back and and Red Devil through and through, he has performed consistently and been a rock for UTD for over a decade. Howard with a decent defence still makes too many mistakes, its as simple as that.

Clean out Christiano Ronaldo? are you mad? he is a very promising young player, you think we should ship him out and replace him with Beasley? :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Get rid of

Kleberson
Saha
Bellion
Howard
Carroll
Silvestre

and we might have a chance of winning something again

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
y does every 1 hate wes brown so much i think hes class ever since his break through in 98/99 season ive thought he is class

1 - 20 of 51 Posts