Xtratime Community banner

Clayton Zane bought by LSK

399 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Orange 
#1 ·
In the last minute, contrary to media speculation, Lillestrøm SK bought Clayton Zane from Molde.

LSK had to put up 500.000, but that is just 1/9th of what Molde bought him for last year. The player will also earn les than he did at Molde.

Zane said; "That I earn less is not important. I am only 23 years old, and what matters is that I play football. This is good for my career, and I am looking forward to playing for Lillestrøm the next few years. We are good enough to fight for a place in the top four this season."

#2 ·
Yes the media were saying that LSK's option to buy Zane from Molde had expired & that it was the wages (140,000 a year) and not the transfer fee (which was only 39,000 :eekani: ) that were a problem for LSK

Anyway i hope he follows through with what he said and stays for a few years :hopefull:. I think playing Tippeliga fotball would be more beneficial that wasting time in the English division 2 (or division 1 with a crappy team) :rollani:

BTW i was astonished to see all these new threads here today because it was so quiet here (and on Xtratime in general) yesterday before i went to bed at 12am (4pm CET). I assumed that you must have been busy at work or somethign yesterday :depress: :sigh:

Anyway i will try to reply to all the new threads a quickly as possible :D. Thanks for the info :)

#3 ·
For the record in Norwegian money, Clayton Zane earned 1,7 million each year, and was bough for 4,5 million. At Lillestrøm he will earn 1,2 million, and was bought from Molde for 500.000 :)

I will be very pleased if Zane does well, but I am not exactly a big fan of Lillestrøm, so it will be kind of hard to cheer for him. Maybe he can do a Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, scoring tons of goal for a team that gets poor results :hopefull:

Very busy :depress: I still had time to try the geek test again :nerd: but to my disappointment ;) I scored even less, first 70, and then 50 :eekani:

#6 ·
There are rumours that Molde's sports chief got sacked yesterday. All because the deal with Zane was so poor, and because he forgot to write down in the contract that Molde should have percentages of the sale of Zane to another club.

Now Lillestrøm will get everything when they sell Zane ;)

#8 ·
Andreas Speck said:
:dielaugh:

Can't believe that one Australian could cause so much controversy in Norwegian fotball :eekani: :D

I bet Australians won't be "Flavour of the month" with the Sports chief if he in fact was sacked :doh: :nasty:

[Edited by Andreas Speck on 10-05-2001 at 10:39]
Think it got less to do with the player, and more with the team. Always a lot of bs going on with Molde. The whole team are infamous for being cheaters and bullies on the field (The only exception to this was the 3 Ss in hteir days there), always have a lot of name calling on the field, a lot of quarreling in the support staff, firing doctors and sports chiefs, them using players who wasn't listed in the match squad (last year they were disqualified from the cup because of this), their "rich uncle" kicking soda machines and yelling at the players after bad results, trouble with player contracts (like Fjørtoft being forced to sign a new deal or not getting to play this year.. and a few years back there was some fuzz about Sindre Rekdal (kjetil's kid brother) being kicked out of the team)... always a lot going on in Molde FK.

#9 ·
You say it like it is a bad thing :howler: I think Molde are funny, as you said always a lot going on in Molde. But about that Cup thing last year, that was ridiculous, they need to stop deciding matches in offices in Norway.

Also the name calling, come on!! Just because the Rosenborg players can't take a bit of a rough match, they go out in the media saying how bad the Molde players were. By the way, Erik Hoftun didn't understand what those who went out in the media were talking about.

Røkke :D

#10 ·
I don't care if they use bad names for rbk players, I minded more the harassment of Per Ove Ludvigsen in the cup match 2 years ago when Molde played Brann, and started saying stuff like he was too old to have anything to do on a field, and it was great to beat stupid Brann. Just glad he came back and scored the goal that sent Molde out of the cup in the last minute ;)
I don't mind some temperature on the field, that's part of the game, but personal harassment of other players throughout an entire game is just stupid. Think it's a big difference between that and calling someone @£"#¤%"#% in the heat of the moment.

#11 ·
I totally agree that harassing a player is not good, but if it was 2 years ago, we should let it slide and not hold grudges. If Molde still does these kind of things, that would not be good, but after what I have seen it is nowhere near that bad.

I though you would be happy that Molde has taken over Brann's old role as the chaos club. Today Daniel Berg Hestad, Molde's captain went out into the media to tell the media to stop focusing on them.

VG listed these things that have happened;

Long serving Molde doctor was fired after staying faithfull to a player who didn't come to training because his wife was pregnant. He gave him a doctor's leave but didn't tell the coach why.

Kaos Fjørtoft was put on the bench when he didn't sign a new contract.

Captain Hestad drove while drinkingm and crashed hois car.

Head coach Erik Brakstad was fired with no right to say anything bad about Molde.

Bernt Hulsker was fined after drinking beer :rollani:

Lack of success.

Bad purchases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.