·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rosario Central (derrotó) 3-1 (al flojo) San Lorenzo :cap:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
A Racing casi se lo empatan en el ultimo minuto, Rivarola se tien que poner las pilas y mantener una idea de juego, sea defensiva o de ataque, porque en la nad que cae cuando saca una diferencia le va a costar mas de un partido

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Six games for Sunday ....

Boca Juniors v Independiente .. I guess this will be Fox's Sunday Classic .. :cap:

·
18,041 Posts
I couldn't see Boca, I watched River-Estudisntes and it was a GREAT MATCH! full of skill players, and both very generous in their offensives intentions, really a great match.

Mareque, Diogo, Sosa, Carrusca, Sambueza (taking the obvious out: Lucho etc..) have evruthing in the skills depatment to become great players, nutmegs, great passing, dribbling, hard fouls, everything what makes a great match. I'll wait to see Boca this night, I hope Gago, Vargas and Palacio had a great match, I have great hope in them, they are class.

·
18,041 Posts
We have a more than decent first half, hell I miss a playmaker, and almost end tying, but overall good to see Gago, Vargas and Palacio at the same time, Palermo almost made a great goal!...

Overall this tournament is way more offensive, and chaotic in a good sense, great matches lately, Rosario's attack is till now a blast!!! usually they fall badly in the sprint, but I hope not, they are displaying very attractive football.

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all of Sunday's Results

Olimpo de Bahía Blanca 1 - 1 Vélez Sarsfield
Boca Juniors 2 - 1 Independiente
Almagro 0 - 5 Colón de Santa Fe :eek:
Arsenal de Sarandí 2 - 1 Instituto de Córdoba
Lanús 3 - 1 Huracán de Tres Arroyos
Quilmes 1 - 0 Banfield
Estudiantes La Plata 2 - 1 River Plate

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was travelling Winter Park-Miami during the afternoon-evening yesterday .. I missed all the sunday games ....

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soccer-River lose lead, unbeaten record in Argentina

By Luis Ampuero

BUENOS AIRES, March 20 (Reuters) - River Plate lost their unbeaten record and the leadership in Argentina's Clausura championship when they were surprisingly beaten 2-1 at Estudiantes on Sunday.

River's shock defeat allowed Rosario Central, coached by 76-year-old Angel Zof, to go top following their 3-1 win at San Lorenzo on Friday.

River, showing no early signs of fatigue after their midweek trip to the Colombian Caribbean coast where they beat Atletico Junior 2-0 in the Libertadores Cup, took a 17th minute lead through midfielder Luis Gonzalez.

River, with former Monaco midfielder Marcelo Gallardo returning after a three-match suspension, continued to dominate but also survived a let-off when Estudiantes' Marcelo Carrusca missed a penalty.

The second half was a different story as Estudiantes turned the game around with two Mariano Pavone goals.

He headed them level in the 49th minute and then sent a rasping left-foot drive past Argentina's Olympic gold medal winning goalkeeper German Lux, midway through the second half.

River, who have 13 points from six games, dropped to third, behind Central, who have 14, and their opponents on goal difference.

In other matches, Boca Juniors handed Cesar Luis Menotti's Independiente another defeat as they continued their climb up the table.

Independiente's last win at the Bombonera was in 1996 in Menotti's previous stint at the club and the Red Devils were hoping the 1978 World Cup winning coach could inspire them to a repeat.

Instead, Boca went ahead in the 37th minute when defender Rolando Schiavi beat his marker to head home from a corner.

Andres Guglielminpietro scored a second in the 56th minute, Javier Munoz Mustafa pulling one back with six minutes left.

Boca moved to ninth with 10 points while Independiente, who have won only one out of six games, are 14th with six.

Champions Newell's Old Boys kept their unbeaten record but were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Argentinos Juniors in a match delayed for 15 minutes by a floodlight failure.

Claudio Marini put the visitors ahead against the run of play in the 63rd minute before Newell's equalised through Nicolas Spolli in the 75th to stay eighth with 10 points.

Marini was later sent off after clashing with Newell's striker Fernando Belluschi, who was also dismissed.

Uruguayan forward Marcelo Guerrero scored both goals as Racing Club beat coachless Gimnasia-La Plata 2-1.

Peruvian striker Juan Cominges scored twice and his compatriot Juan Vargas added a third in Colon's 5-0 win at Almagro

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fangio said:
We have a more than decent first half, hell I miss a playmaker, and almost end tying, but overall good to see Gago, Vargas and Palacio at the same time, Palermo almost made a great goal!...

Overall this tournament is way more offensive, and chaotic in a good sense, great matches lately, Rosario's attack is till now a blast!!! usually they fall badly in the sprint, but I hope not, they are displaying very attractive football.
Yes, I thought palermo's chilena was going straiiight in! he usually looks forward for nice goals.. (here in Colombia we still remember his penaltie misses :D )

IMO The Argentinian tournament is the best of SouthAmerica..well, i don't have the opportunity to watch the brazilian. but anyway, Argentina has increased its level remarkably. I like the idea that now, Boca and River aren't always at the top. Now u see teams like Instituto being a pain in the ass for several minutes in a match. Or even Arsenal.

Also, I like how young kids, with absolutly no professional career as others..don't diminish in the field against a big team. in other words, Rosario Central...I thing the average age (correct me if I'm wrong) is about 23, and hell they play amazing!!

That's what I love about the argentinian tournament, a match isn't won by your t-shirt's weight...it is all about "garra" in the 90 minutes. And no doubt they have the one of best "canteras" in the world...

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
what did Gallardo do, to deserve a 3 match ban?

Rosario - River Plate will be a huge game on the pre-last gameday, in case Central doesn't stumble before. ;)

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wembley said:
IMO The Argentinian tournament is the best of SouthAmerica..well, i don't have the opportunity to watch the brazilian. but anyway, Argentina has increased its level remarkably. I like the idea that now, Boca and River aren't always at the top. Now u see teams like Instituto being a pain in the ass for several minutes in a match. Or even Arsenal.

That's what I love about the argentinian tournament, a match isn't won by your t-shirt's weight...it is all about "garra" in the 90 minutes. And no doubt they have the one of best "canteras" in the world...
Thats my view ALSO .... I can watch brazuca futebol, but I dont..(Its HORRIBLE) ................ Argentinian Futbol Rocks without a doubt !!!! :cap:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts