Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to As ( http://www.diario-as.es ) Luis Figo will have to pay 3.000 million pesetas in case he breaks the pre-contract he has signed with Florentino.

I see it very difficult for Figo now to stay at Barca if Florentino gets elected. I'm sure the (whoever) Barca president will never pay that amount to RETAIN an own player!!!

Well, now that the whole thing has gone public, I see it very difficult for Figo to stay at Barca anyway... In case Florentino fails to get elected, I think he'll move to some italian club most probably.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about that one:

The Juventini fans of xtratime look pretty sure that the club that's bidding for Anelka (the $29 million) is Juventus, not PSG.
Could it be that Florentino is trying to set up a Nico-Zizou exchange? (I mean, Nico + money for Zizou)

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but the thing is, even if Perez pays for the transfers, who is going to pay their salaries?

Also, Raul has always been the star at Real. How will fans react to Zizou or Figo being there? Guys, please don't say everyone would love it, because you know that wouldn't be true.

Look at the star now, he's young, a great player and probably most importantly for Madrid, he's born and raised in Madrid and has only every played at Madrid.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on Pablo now, I'm sure there isn't a single fan of whatever club in the world that wouldn't like to see players like Figo and Zidane in their teams. They are undeniable assets to ANY team. And I don't think there'll ever occur a popularity contest among the socios for them (or one of them) and Raul! Raul is the symbol or madridismo and will always be so. I also don't think that either of them is even expecting to become the socios favorite over Raul. Zidane wasn't the top favorite among the Juventus crowd either, del Piero was. Figo was most likely the favorite of the Barca fans, but I reckon this was more of an anti-Dutch reaction from their part.

I guess my point is: Raul will always be the fans' favorite but any fan is ready to love every player that "delivers" for the team.

Unless they both flop of course!

P

·
0 Posts
I agree in part. I mean Anelka was also supposed to be a great player but... Not that we can fully compare Figo and Zidane.

I guess my point is what I've said several times: It would be great to have them, but I don't want them if it means sinking to $200 million in debt or whatever.

Also, I don't want Perez elected on "ifs" or by taking advantage of fans' hopes.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a bit torn between the two options.

On the other hand, don't you think the revenues will increase as well if those two come? I mean, last year there were only 15.000 people in Bernabeu in ChL games! (just to state an example)

P

·
0 Posts
I don't know if that alone will be enough. I mean they have Raul and Anelka and that doesn't pack the house. :)

I'm sure it will help. Again, how much of this is really true and how much of this is blowing smoke up our ass*s (at least in the case of Zidane).

What matters to me in the end are results, and in Sanz's 5 years, we've seen 2 CL rings.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, true.

We should start working on our La Liga record, we've left it kind of behind lately.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
About the "packed house": Figo would be the only one to try and screw up things but thats just because he is the only one with a temper of these three players (Raul,zidane,figo).

About La liga:Yes, Barcelona has the edge over us at La liga, they have won it several times last decade and i would love to see the La liga go to Real this season, almost more important then the CL (controversial?)

About the money: Perez is mado of money, the club can always find cash and thats why we have a HUGE debt and nobody cares :D

And about "THE DREAM":

Figo-Redondo-Zidane-Savio/and the rest of all those LM we seem to be after :)

Real&Barcafan

P

·
0 Posts
I understand R&B, a Liga championship would mean more to me than a CL championship.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no guys, noooooooo....

ChL is like THE most prestigious trophy of them all! Don't give it up so easily, we're not fed up yet, at least not before we've gotten 10 of them!!!

Anyway, I'll be happy with both...

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Yeah, if we sign both these players these should be our minimum goals:

CL
La liga
Copa Del rey
Euro Super cup

World player:Figp or Zidane or Raul :D

Top goal scorer la primera: Raul or Mori

Realistic? Nope, but at least two of these would,,,

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Whatever happens we should be happy. I think many of us here are startig to think of perez more seriously. I dunno, I want Zidane first, than Figo. Nicola$ could stay for me too:D But it's true someone has to go, in order to not increase the debt:mad: If i were Perez i'd just put 350 mln$ into Madrid, erase the debt, get ZiZou, and Figo, and we'd be on the road to the CL , La Liga....!:D Oh and I for one also want the Primera more, I've celebrated two Cl in my life so far, but no primera, the time has come:D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I asked this question before: CL or Li Liga? Which title is more important?
Then everyone answered me that La Liga Rluzzzzzzzz!!!!!
Then what? At the end of the season, we all can see, it is obviously that we sacrificed league matches for CL. If we really put our strength on Liga, we still might win it last year because Deportivo and Barca were just as unstable as us.
Anyway, it is an over story, and the fact was that we didn't really mighty enough to win it all. (well, MU did it just because Premiership is inferior!)
OK, if we wanna win them all, the only way is that we need to built two equally great teams for these two competitions.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
These players. when they are fit never get tired of playing:

Carlos-Salgado-Redondo-Macca

So a core with these guys could always play. And with the other players we have here at Madrid (you know them all) that can "rotate" we could be unstoppable!

Real&barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think you should add Geremi to that list. It's true that it will be almost impossible to win the two best competitions in the world - Primera Liga and CL. We have to have a huge squad full of greats to back-up the injuries and tired guys. Figo and Zidane would be IMO enough, plus one star defender. but again there is the EU problem and most importantly the cash problem:mad: The Eu thing is of less efect, because in the Cl there are no boundaries...we'll see soon enough. i wonder how Perez possibly will be getting along with del Bosque. What if he firs him first day in the office?:mad:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I thought you said players who can run around all day. His stamina is just as great as the others or even better. And I wouldn't bet against Macca being a regular, unless he has anther dip of form:( That would though give Ger a chance to prove he's really the best:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts