Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
about Ronaldinho and Puyol.even if they're not 100% fit they'll play,their presence in the field is very important.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Pardon the spelling, but what's with this gastronitis that Ronnie and the others players keep getting? Is it that common or what? :confused:

·
Registered
263 Posts
gastroenteritis = stomach ache.
Irritation and/or inflamation of the digestive tract

Other than the common cold it is the most popular ailment in Europe/United States.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Madrid fed Ronaldinho some bad food in hopes of having him sit out the match. Same thing with Kobe Bryant when the Lakers had to play the Kings in the NBA playoffs a few seasons ago. CHEATERS!

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n05040908.shtml

09, APR 05 19:45

Puyol: "I'll only play if I'm 100%"

Although he has been named in Rijkaard's squad for Sunday's game, captain Carles Puyol insisted to reporters today: "I'll only play if I am 100% fit".

Puyol will not play with pain killing injections, insisting that if he's totally fit any pain he might feel: "will disappear as soon as I get out there on the pitct".

"I'm feeling good"

Puyol trained with the rest of the squad on Saturday morning and explained: "I'm feeling good, but I'll wait till I've had one last test on my ankle tomorrow before I decide what my options are for the game. I've been working hard all week to get myself fit for the Madrid game. It seemed like it'd be pretty difficult at the start of the week to be ready within such a short time but I'm really feeling positive now".

Keys to victory

Looking to the game itself, Puyol insisted that the keys to victory were: "to keep playing as we have been all season keeping possession, playing at pace, without dropping our guard and looking to score right from the off" . Asked about the possible absence of Figo in the Madrid line up, Puyol replied: "it's their manager's decision he's got to pick what he sees as the best possible team, but Figo is an experienced player and a real danger. The important thing for us, though is to ignore all that and concentrate on our own game".

BARÇA BITE

Ronaldinho raring to go

Ronaldinho has missed a lot of training this week with an attack of gastroenteritis, but Puyol insisted that the Brazilian magician is: "raring to go just like the rest of the squad, though whether he plays or not is up to the manager in the end. For my part, I hope he's ok and can play".

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Puyol and Ronaldinho.... as i write they message they must be sleeping.... i wish that this night be full of recovery for them.... i hope Puyol's ankle is great by tommorow morning and that Ronaldinho's body finally fights off this wrteched Gastroenteritis.

i have faith in the lads... and faith in our medical sevices...a silent prayer to them.

lets be ready and kick ass tommorow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts