Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Extra Chilli Sauce
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a big fan of the violin, piano and harp. can anyone give me suggestions on good classical music, like very relaxing chilled out music, or evening stuff. If that made any sense, lol

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
A.V said:
Im a big fan of the violin, piano and harp. can anyone give me suggestions on good classical music, like very relaxing chilled out music, or evening stuff. If that made any sense, lol
Vivaldi´s 4sesons are really great!
or listen to instrumental film soundtracks, that helps me usually to relax. :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Vivaldi is good to listen to when you're studying. :)

The classical music I like are usually the more intense pieces rather than the relaxing ones, but I'd recommend

- Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana by Mascagni :heart:. I am so in love with this piece, I once came across a guy playing it on the violin in a London Tube station and my heart melted... :proud:
- Ave Maria by Back-Gounod
- Piano Sonata No. 21 in C, Op. 53 by Beethoven
- Piano Concerto No. 21 by Mozart
- Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini 18th Variation by Rachmaninov
- Piano Concerto No. 1 by Tchaikovsky
- Serenade For Strings 3rd Movement by Tchaikovsky

Some pieces which are not exactly relaxing but definitely worth listening to:
- Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin
- Piano Concerto No. 1 by Rachmaninov
- Prince Igor by Borodin
- Ein deutsches Reqiuem by Brahms (I love the whole work, but movement 2 is my favourite :star: :proud: )

Like delpi said, I find movie soundtracks (or jazz) make for better listening when I need to relax. When listening to classical music I usually enjoy it better if I concentrate hard, and that can be rather energy-sapping at times. :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Alive&Kicking said:
- Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana by Mascagni :heart:. I am so in love with this piece, I once came across a guy playing it on the violin in a London Tube station and my heart melted... :proud:
That's one of my favourite pieces...first heard it on the Godfather 3 film, the end scene of the film when Al Pacino dances with his daughter...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
My fave classical music is Holst's The Planets, & in particular Mars: The Bringer Of War.:cool:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
GaGa said:
That's one of my favourite pieces...first heard it on the Godfather 3 film, the end scene of the film when Al Pacino dances with his daughter...
Good taste GaGa. :cool: That goes without a doubt, since I like that piece too. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts