Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont ususally do this sort of thing but im quite intersted in Chelsea these days. Ive been watching the odd game and got a mate which is a abosute nutter for the blues, loves 'em.

I was talking today about the club with him, players which are world class. Currently Chelsea is a top 3 team, neally a world class side. But how many actual players do you think are good enough to be playing for a top side (Milan, Mardid type side)?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Pretty much our whole defense would replace Madrids. ;)

Mutu would start for Milan and such, for Madrid he may get overlooked simply due to numbers.

Cudicini is in the top 10, and there isnt much difference from him and others in that group. Crespo and Duff would step onto pretty much any lineup. Lampard's workrate helps here too I think. Makalele and again the same.

The rest are probably outsiders.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
polaris said:

Mutu would start for Milan and such, for Madrid he may get overlooked simply due to numbers.

Cudicini is in the top 10, and there isnt much difference from him and others in that group. Crespo and Duff would step onto pretty much any lineup. Lampard's workrate helps here too I think. Makalele and again the same.

Is this to go against Milan and Madrid's current team? Or just which Chelsea players would be good enough for Milan if they didn't already have a superstar in that position?

In the current teams, I don't think any Chelsea player would start for either. Maybe Terry and Gallas at Madrid, and Bridge at Milan JUST because of the crap players in those positions already. And Lampard on his current form could replace Seedorf, Pirlo or Rui Costa at Milan.

If you look at Chelsea's other best players:

Mutu- Not better than Raul, Ronaldo or Sheva and you can't play him instead of Inzaghi because Milan need that kind of target man.

Crespo- no comment

Veron- He does better in Italy,, so he may be able to work his way into Milan's midfield, but no chance at Real.

Duff- Who have Madrid got on the left? Zidane? If Zidane was in the middle then Duff could play left-midfield easily at Madrid, but at Milan there are too many midfielders. Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa.

Cudicini- This guy has come at a bad time. Its a shame he won't be capped due to such high qualityof Italian keepers. COuldn't replace either Dida or Casillas.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raven said:
Is this to go against Milan and Madrid's current team? Or just which Chelsea players would be good enough for Milan if they didn't already have a superstar in that position?

In the current teams, I don't think any Chelsea player would start for either. Maybe Terry and Gallas at Madrid, and Bridge at Milan JUST because of the crap players in those positions already. And Lampard on his current form could replace Seedorf, Pirlo or Rui Costa at Milan.

If you look at Chelsea's other best players:

Mutu- Not better than Raul, Ronaldo or Sheva and you can't play him instead of Inzaghi because Milan need that kind of target man.

Crespo- no comment

Veron- He does better in Italy,, so he may be able to work his way into Milan's midfield, but no chance at Real.

Duff- Who have Madrid got on the left? Zidane? If Zidane was in the middle then Duff could play left-midfield easily at Madrid, but at Milan there are too many midfielders. Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa.

Cudicini- This guy has come at a bad time. Its a shame he won't be capped due to such high qualityof Italian keepers. COuldn't replace either Dida or Casillas.
I was using Milan just as an example. But seeing as you use them also ill give mu 2 cents.

"Bridge at Milan". I dont think so. Maldini can play on the left and Maldini is simply god like. Kaldaze is the most used center back, i think when he is fit he is far better than bridge. Costaucurta and Pancaro are both better than Bridge in my opion.

Mutu and Crespo would be welcomed to Milan but neither would get into the first 11. Sheva... nothin has to be said but Inzaghi i feel is better than both Mutu and Crespo at his role.

Lampard isnt better than Rui Costa or Pirlo. Both have been awsome for 2 years.

Cudicini isnt better than Dida IMO. Dida since the world cup has been class.

Duff would be good at Milan but Seedorf or Ambro are both class when in form.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
polaris said:

I dont think Mutu would make Milans 11. Cudicini is class but Cech is also very good.

I think Mutu, Crespo, Lampard, Duff, Terry, Gallas, Cech/Cudicini are the 'only' players worthy of playing for Chelsea if they want to buy their way to a world class side.

Who else is there?
Johnson, vastly overrated IMO. Sure he has potntial but is he really going to be good enough for be a right back or center back for a Milan or Juv?
Babayaro and Melchiot. Both very good players IMO. i prefer them to Bridge and Jonhson but neither is really overly good.
Bridge, not good IMO. I dont think he will ever be good enough for Chelsea.
Makelele very good player but doesnt make the first team every game.
Parker, very good lad. World class?
Joe Cole. Very sad IMO that he went to Chelsea. awsome player but Duff is better. He doesnt get enough games to develop into what he should be.
Veron - shite.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Lampard sure is better than Rui Costa and Pirlo... Pirlo's okay but Rui Costa is one of the most overated players in the world. :eek:

While Casillas is good, i'd still take Carlo.. Casillas is still vunerable to stupid mistakes which hvae blighted his career.

I'd also take Zidane over Duff on the left.. he offers more. Not saying he's better than Zizou, but I would move him out the way for Duff.

Bridge would be the left back for Milan.. without a doubt
:eek: .. look at how old they are. Pancaro.. and Costacurta.. combined aged 90? Bridge is class, and is so underated.

I'd have Terry in Milans defense.. he's got more bottle and tenaciousy than Nesta and Maldini. plus Maldini is about 50 :eek:.

Crespo is better than Inzaghi. Not better than big Ron though.

However just remember... it's not about individuals.. it's about a team. A bunch of good players could make the best team in history.. while a great bunch of individuals will win nothing.

My views. :)

·
THE
13,983 Posts
jacko, I have ever told you that the first player I saw in my own eye, was Inzaghi? Justa bout 11 years ago? And then Maldini and Costa? And that I am a Rossonera? And that I can't take critistism (or how to you write it) about them and you better be quiet about them? :)

And that I even bought Rui Costa Milan's shirt? :)
Ok, I'd take Carlo over Dida too. I love Dida for his penalty serie but overall, Carlo wins.

And I'm old :)

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JackoTheDon said:
Lampard sure is better than Rui Costa and Pirlo... Pirlo's okay but Rui Costa is one of the most overated players in the world. :eek:

While Casillas is good, i'd still take Carlo.. Casillas is still vunerable to stupid mistakes which hvae blighted his career.

I'd also take Zidane over Duff on the left.. he offers more. Not saying he's better than Zizou, but I would move him out the way for Duff.

Bridge would be the left back for Milan.. without a doubt
:eek: .. look at how old they are. Pancaro.. and Costacurta.. combined aged 90? Bridge is class, and is so underated.

I'd have Terry in Milans defense.. he's got more bottle and tenaciousy than Nesta and Maldini. plus Maldini is about 50 :eek:.

Crespo is better than Inzaghi. Not better than big Ron though.

However just remember... it's not about individuals.. it's about a team. A bunch of good players could make the best team in history.. while a great bunch of individuals will win nothing.

My views. :)
You view are crap. Lampard isnt better than Pirlo. have you seen Pirlo play since he has been at Milan... the perfect center mid. Rui Costa is a champion, underrated.

Bridge wouldnt get a look in at Milan. Kalzada which u didnt mention is a far better player. Costaurta is as good and Pancaro is one of the most underrated players in the current game. I didnt like his loan move to Milan but he has been stellar this year.

"I'd have Terry in Milans defense.. he's got more bottle and tenaciousy than Nesta and Maldini. plus Maldini is about 50"
-This probves you are a stupid person. Nesta is the Worlds best defender. Terry isnt worthy of playing in the same team. Maldini is simply a ledgend, true now 35 but over the last 2 years playing as well as anyone.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Mutu offers more than Inzaghi, who isnt even a starter for Milan right now and they dont need a target man for their style, and people like Rui Costa who are inconsistent to say the least. Same goes for Seedorf IMO. Milan is all about Shevchenko. When he doenst score they usually dont win.

And I wasnt just saying these players could step into Milan or Madrid. A player like Duff would be welcomed at Juve as an option on the left. He would work well with Zambrotta.

And Pancaro has sucked this year. Bridge is still young and has done more than him this year.

·
Registered
69,728 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
but Inzaghi i feel is better than both Mutu and Crespo at his role.
Yeah at his role. And Inzaghi in Mutu´s role? He´s simply shit. Inzaghi is a killer, he´s very good pushing the ball into the net, but that´s all. Mutu is much more complete.

And jacko, Cudicini better than Casillas?? your view, your view... and your glasses?? where are your glasses??:howler: ;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i'll use milan and madrid.

Milan:

left back is needed. bridge to me would get his place. As for lampard taking out pirlo and gattuso, i dont think so. they have formed one of the best midfield duo's in italy. they are the core of milan. lampard differs to kaka and rui costa as they are playmakers. seedorf on his day is very good, but lampard right now is better. Mutu as a support striker for shevchenko would be good, but who is to leave a player like inzaghi out who scores like no tomorrow. Duff is a good player but wouldnt really suit milans style. i dont see any others really knocking at the door. milan have a world class team.

Madrid:

gallas and terry for sure. carlos and salgado are fine on at full back. makelele definately could get a game. as for duff, well, carlos takes that left wing, and to me, is the best at it. ronaldo, raul, figo, becks and ZZ are untouchable imo.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
polaris said:
Mutu offers more than Inzaghi, who isnt even a starter for Milan right now and they dont need a target man for their style, and people like Rui Costa who are inconsistent to say the least. Same goes for Seedorf IMO. Milan is all about Shevchenko. When he doenst score they usually dont win.

And I wasnt just saying these players could step into Milan or Madrid. A player like Duff would be welcomed at Juve as an option on the left. He would work well with Zambrotta.

And Pancaro has sucked this year. Bridge is still young and has done more than him this year.
Inzaghi is class IMO. Cleary he isnt the best player in the world but he can score 30 goals a year. No atm he isnt in the Milan best 11 but he is still very important to them, great player IMO.

Kaladze is far better than Bridge. I feel Pancaro and Costaucurta are both as good as Bridge. Personaily i rate Babayaro as a far better player than Bridge.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GICA said:
Yeah at his role. And Inzaghi in Mutu´s role? He´s simply shit. Inzaghi is a killer, he´s very good pushing the ball into the net, but that´s all. Mutu is much more complete.

And jacko, Cudicini better than Casillas?? your view, your view... and your glasses?? where are your glasses??:howler: ;)
"Inzaghi pushing the ball into the net", thats an insault? Milan dont expect Inzaghi to do much more than score goals, thats his job.

Cudicini is far better than Casillas.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"'Left back is needed. bridge to me would get his place. As for lampard taking out pirlo and gattuso, i dont think so. they have formed one of the best midfield duo's in italy. they are the core of milan. lampard differs to kaka and rui costa as they are playmakers. seedorf on his day is very good, but lampard right now is better"

When Kaldza comes back Milan will be fine, he is very good. I agree Lampard is class, i love watching him when he is on song, but he is abosutly nothin on Pirlo and Gattuso. Pirlo and Gattuso have combined to make one of the best midfeilds on the world.

Milan isnt just Sheva... We have the worlds best Defence along with 2 class keppers. Our midfeild is aguable the worlds best (Pirlo/Gattuso/Rui/Kaka/Ambro/Seedorf) While Iinzaghi/Sheva and even thommo is class.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CUG said:
yep, i think milan is the most solid team going around. strong in all areas and plenty of depth.
Ya, good post. Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka, Rui Costa, Shevchenko are class but i feel its the sqaud players such as - Cafu, Simic, Costacurta, Laursen, Pancaro, Redondo, Seeddorf, Ambrosini, Serginho, Inzaghi, Tomassonand young Borriello which give them great depth.

Anyway, this is about Chelsea :D

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
polaris said:
What I mean about Sheva and Milan is that if he is off, they dont win often. They get a draw. :D
Not if Kaka has his way :)

·
THE
13,983 Posts
South Melbourne, this is your first and last warning. You don't come here and call people stupid. I do not tolerate personal insults towards Chelsea fans ( and if I am in a good mood, then towards anybody) You have one opinion and Jacko has another one.

Btw, anybody, who would compare Mutu and Inzaghi, doesn't obviously know anything about football.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts