Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
La federazione bulgara ha chiesto l'esclusione del Cska Sofia dai preliminari della prossima Champions League: la squadra campione di Bulgaria risulta notevolmente indebitata con il governo e con le banche bulgare, tanto da portare ad una importante sanzione. Notizia di secondo piano? Nient'affatto. Se l'Uefa, che in settimana dovrebbe esprimersi sulle questione, dovesse infatti confermare l'esclusione del club balcanico, il posto nel secondo turno preliminare della Champions League dovrebbe spettare per regolamento non alla seconda classificata del campionato bulgaro, ma alla squadra con il più alto coefficiente Uefa esclusa dalla massima competizione: ovvero, a sorpresa, il Milan. Il caso ha un "semi-precedente" proprio con i Rossoneri: quando nel 2006 il Milan fu messo sotto inchiesta per la faccenda Calciopoli, il suo posto nei preliminari contro la Stella Rossa era stato reclamato con diritto maturato dai medesimi requisiti, dal Lens. Si attende dunque qualcosa di più concreto nelle prossime ore anche da parte della società di Via Turati, che nella giornata di domani potrebbe già consultare i suoi legali specializzati.

TMW

·
Registered
59,826 Posts
You might get a faxed CL entry, basically.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
This is hilarious- I thought it was a good thing the Italian league, unlike other leagues, didn't make Milan qualify for UCL despite our failures.
Now, a lucky break comes from a random team being dropped out and the rules makes Milan the one to fill in for them.

As it looks now, we're in the UCL. Just gotta wait and see what kind of stunt Platini will try to pull to disqualify us.

I can already see his fake smile as he hands us the cup with big ears and the british media crying about our qualification.

·
Administrator
52,984 Posts
Is this some very late and very bad April fools joke?

Why would Platini need to pull a stunt to keep you out of CL? (amusingly arrogant thing to say) You didnt qualify for it and have no bussiness whatsoever being there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tomorrow a voting would be carried out. if they decide by the voting it is that team with greater coefficient would enter in the competition, Milan would enter by greater coefficient. tomorrow we will see. I hope that this happens, but its hard to believe.

P.S. First they would have to deny the entrance to the CL to Cska.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Is this some very late and very bad April fools joke?

Why would Platini need to pull a stunt to keep you out of CL? (amusingly arrogant thing to say) You didnt qualify for it and have no bussiness whatsoever being there.
Nice nitpicking while ignoring my first sentence where I assert the very same thing as you in your final.
My point was, no way Platini will sit idly by and let five Italian teams play in UCL simply because of some loop(fax)hole- especially when that fifth team is Milan.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Now, a lucky break comes from a random team being dropped out
Random... RANDOM!!! :confused:
Tjeck Bono's location and profession!!!

;)

NB: Not having checked this out and initially thinking its probably a stunt.... if it were to happen, I will suffer from explosive vomiting and diarrhea throughout the Summer.

·
The summer poster
397 Posts
if it were to happen, I will suffer from explosive vomiting and diarrhea throughout the Summer.
Oh please let it happen then!!!!

J/K. I don't really know what to make of this. I already made peace with myself about the UEFA Cup. It'd be a nice break for the players and allow us to concentrate on the Serie A campaign. But CL.....how can you say no?

In any case, if it seems too good to be true, it probably IS too good to be true.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
CL loves us, we love CL.

The way the article puts it makes it look completely done. ¿Where could we read the UEFA rules? Cannot be that hard. It would be incredibly lucky.

I don't think Milan could have had influence in making CSKA unavailable. If the rule exists... then the only thing Milan could be suspected of would be of having put pressure to create that rule very recently. Otherwise it would be completely fair and just plain lucky (lucky, DNA, whatever). And it would make my year.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Actually, it does look hard to find. At least not a Google search.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Sounds like bullshit to be honest. And it's not like we deserved it to be honest. But then again, I've seen other teams playing the CL who didnt deserve it by qualifying due to robbed scudetti

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It does sound like bullshit. But if it happens and it implies nothing suspect -if it is fair luck and by the rules- I wouldn't feel anything but happiness.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am afraid that is not possible. Italy is allowed only FOUR participants. The Bulgarian FA is awarded 2 CL spots. If CSKA Sofia cannot play in the CL, then the Bulgarian FA will simply let the team in third place take their spot. That crap about Milan taking that spot because they are the highest ranked coeffecient is just talk.

The article says that the Bulgarian FA is going to ask UEFA to exclude CSKA Sofia, that does not make sense to me, because it is the FA who decides who goes to the CL. The article also claims that it is Milan who will get their spot and not the third in the Bulgarian Championship (which I don't agree with).

The only time an FA had 5 teams was in the 2005/2006 season, that is when Liverpool won the CL and achieved 5th place in the league..however the following season in the CL they did not represent England, they were in the tournament as the Title Holders. When the draws were made, usually the teams say Chelsea (ENG), AC Milan (ITA)...Liverpool had (Holders) instead.

So I don't think Milan will enter the tournament with (BUL) nor will they use (Holders).. This is just a nice topic to sell papers. This is my take on this situation.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Bulgaria have one CL spot. According to all journalists here, the UEFA rules state that if one of the teams qualified doesn't get the licence needed, the team behind it in the standing gets to play in its spot. Nothing about teams from other countries getting in instead.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Random... RANDOM!!! :confused:
Tjeck Bono's location and profession!!!

NB: Not having checked this out and initially thinking its probably a stunt.... if it were to happen, I will suffer from explosive vomiting and diarrhea throughout the Summer.
its all here in that post - who is doing it and WHY! :D

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.