Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is not only a BS rumour, it seems that it does have some credible substance in it as it's been widely talked about in the Italian media in the past few days. Bobo Vieri, it's not a secret, not happy with Inter and would like to finally win something. It is reported in the Italian media that Milan and Inter could be looking at a straight swap whereby Bobo would join his best buddies Brocchi and Pippo at Milan while Rui Costa, would be joining Inter. Ancelotti is reported to be very interested in such a move as he'd love to have Bobo in the Milan line up while Zaccheroni has made it clear to Moratti that he needs a playmaker and Rui's increasing lack of playing time in Milan seems to be the ideal player for them.

Personally, I don't know what to think of such a move. I mean, no doubt, Bobo, when healthy is a beast, unstoppable. However, he is:

a) over 30
b) very injury prone
c) last but definitely not least, a primadona and he's not going to accept the turnover easily.

It is true that Bobo could give us the winning edge for the Scudetto race, but I'm afraid that his primadona attitude could harm the team more than help it with his goal. I mean, we have FINALLY managed to find the right equilibrium where everybody, has understood that the team comes before any individual player, including Sheva and Pippo. And with Bobo, I'm not sure he'd accept sitting on the bench. I'd also don't see Pippo or Sheva accepting very well having to sit a few games. Plus, one important detail, Bobo is cup tied meaning, we won't be able to use him for the CL this season, if he were to join us during this mercato window.

So what do you make of this folks? I have to admit that the prospect/thought of having an attack of Sheva-Bobo/Pippo with Kaka behind them is one mouth watering one that NOclub in the world can match, not even the so called Galacticos! However, we have to take into consideration every detail, every factor in this complex equation.

So what do you think? Yes for Bobo? Or no?

And how about Il Musagete Rui? I strongly believe that Rui has still a lot to offer us this season. I'd say let him finish the season with us and then, at the end of the season, after a very successful season crowned with anothe CL and finally lo Scudetto under his belt :stuckup:, he could live to play the remainder of his career to Benfica. Just the thought of seeing Rui Costa with the ugly Inter jersey makes me puke!!:yuck: He doesn't deserve such a treatment!

As you can see, it's a chinese riddle, complex equation. If we go for Bobo, sure it would make us unstoppable up front, almost an unbeatable team, but how about team harmony, which is vital if the team wants to start a "cycle", a winning dynasty. And how about respect towards a man whom created, invented close to 50 assists in 2.5 seasons for our beloved team. I'm really torn in here guys/girls.

Cheers.:)

P.S. The ideal would be we get Bobo and keep Rui. Now that would be another great coup from Il Vampiro and another reason for us to say, GOD BLESS INTER!!!:howler::howler: Maybe I'm asking too much, but we haveto remember that with Babo Moratti, everything is possible...:tongue:

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
no, no, no,

...no.

1) Leaving Kaká as the only one in our squad that is able to take on that attacking midfielder position, at 21 and in his first year in Serie A would be one hell of a mistake.
Sure, we could use Pirlo there every now and then, but would mess up the way our whole midfield works.

2) Vieri might be one of the very best strikers in the world, arguably though, but we are full in the must-be-a-starter striker department. For this year at least.
And an old player -who would be cup tied-, even if a great one like Vieri, isn't the best choice. That's pretty obvious.

3) We can't let Rui go without scoring a goal for us. ;)

We're not an Inter that gets Batistuta in the middle of the season just because. :D

It would be as logical, with our current squad, as swapping Inzaghi to get Oliver Kahn.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
:howler: :howler: :howler:

Should it happen, personally I doubt it, we should work out the percentage of former Inter players that are part of our squad.
I've been obseving well known Inter fans faces (on TV entering San Siro) after todays news that Vieri will not even be on the benched in Intes game Vs Empoli and romours of him joining Milan, the closest resemblance is the following smiley:dazed:
I don't know if he would be a good addition to our squad, it would be INTEResting finding out :cool:

P.S. The eventual swap would be for Laursen not Rui Costa:D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I'd be smiling to if I was being paid all those millions:tongue: .Or was vieri asked what do you think Inter's chances are of winning something.:howler:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Schumy said:
I'd be smiling to if I was being paid all those millions:tongue: .Or was vieri asked what do you think Inter's chances are of winning something.:howler:
:D

·
Registered
4,925 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
San Siro said:
I have to admit that the prospect/thought of having an attack of Sheva-Bobo/Pippo with Kaka behind them is one mouth watering one that NOclub in the world can match, not even the so called Galacticos!
Really?
Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo and Raul? No?
Still- Admittedly it sounds evil, as hypothetical as it is :).

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Galliani on tv talk show "Controcampo".
"I've phoned Moratti and told that all rumors related to a Milan interest on Vieri are simply Fantacalcio"

·
Registered
57,655 Posts
3) We can't let Rui go without scoring a goal for us.
Hell, even Pancaro managed to score his first goal for Milan. :howler:

I Think Dida has better odds to score a goal than Manuel has. :howler: :tongue: :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
Hell, even Pancaro managed to score his first goal for Milan. :howler:

I Think Dida has better odds to score a goal than Manuel has. :howler: :tongue: :D
Well that is something to cherish today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts