Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
34,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well we need to bounce back before the loosing strike hits us again. But it will be a difficult match, russian league has ended and Zenit have nothing to loose. Loosing this wouldnt exactly be a disaster, we would stay on top and we should do enough do maintain that against Bate at home. But its a question of morale.

The match kicks off 18:30 CET and the weather is expected to be snowy with -1° highest.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Juventus are accustomed to snow, since every year the boys play a couple matches on an icy Delle Alpi/Olimpico with orange ball before.

Should be able to manage. I'll be satisfied with a draw, and then finish off BATE at the Olimpico...

·
Registered
34,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed i am not too worried about weather, but its just the "sudden" difference. From +8 to -2.

·
Registered
34,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bianconeri ready for Russia

Just a few hours after returning from Milan,the team was back to work at Vinovo in a morning session in preparation for the away match in Russia. Tuesday evening (18:30 CET) the bianconeri mill be on the field to play Zenit in a match which may guarantee them the first place in Group H of the Champions League.

The team will leave for St. Petersburg on Monday morning from the Caselle Airport in Turin. A total of 21players have been called up (including primavera players Nocchi , Rossi and Castiglia). The following are the players who will not form part of the squad: Buffon, Trezeguet, Zebina, Knezevic, Zanetti, Poulsen, Ekdal (not included in the Champions League list) and Tiago.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Zenit russian league Disastrous campaign ended this week end , in the end they manage to beat Spartak and finnish fifth and at least qualify for next year europa league.......so the team is in good mood now.

Should be Arshavin last game in Petrovsky,i expect him to give it all.

If it snows it will be better for Juventus.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
care to explain?
Zenit barely play at snow this year no game as far i can remember,they will go forward as always since they have a very attacking line up Juventus more strong phisicaly,sit back behind glad with the fraw,scores a goal in a corner or in a set piece and win the game......it will be hilarious to see Danny play in snow.:howler:

Is lose or win for zenit,draw is not good.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Do you guys remember our game vs Siena in 2003-2004? when it was ice cold (Del Piero scored a hattrick that game, 2 pks and a neat shot) ..

Seriously, it can't beat that night in terms of snow.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Do you guys remember our game vs Siena in 2003-2004? when it was ice cold (Del Piero scored a hattrick that game, 2 pks and a neat shot) ..

Seriously, it can't beat that night in terms of snow.

I think Juventus-Basel in CL was played in the snow with an orange ball too.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
From an artistic point of view, that photograph is too cool!! Well done in finding it, ya Amr! :proud:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Media says we are going to rest alot of players. DC will play for Nedved, Seba and IQ will play upfront, Mellberg will play for Killini.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
As Stephan said, collateral damage to the San Siro defeat is that we no longer ought to consider the Zenit match as the unimportant game it mathematically is. I still think we should put as minimum resources onto this game as we possibly can. No more costly injuries please.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I dont think it matters which lineup juve come up with tomorrow, the game has written juveloss all over it!...if juve is smart they will field the reserves.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
No offense, but perhaps its time to stop overrating Zenit? They already lost and drawn the two home games they have had so far. They are quite capable of playing real good football, but havent exactly gotten the results, have they?

That said, dont think Juve will be that pumped up for this game, Italian teams dont give much of themselves when they are in comfortable position and have little to lose.

I just want Giovinco to play the two remaining CL games since they arent so vital to fuss over, Ranieri should give him that atleast. And that we rest 1 or 2 players, but not many, because half our squad are still injured, so we cant really rest much.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
My lineup of choice.

Manninger
Mellberg Legrottaglie Chiellini De Ceglie
Marchionni Ekdal Marchisio Giovinco
Iaquinta Rossi

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Haha, dream on. :D

I want to top that group, we have a great opportunity to do that or we could easily face Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barca, etc.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Yeah, we must top the group, and we still have a chance for that if we get a draw, or even if we lose.

I should point there is no chance Rossi will play :D But the most unrealistic part of that is Ekdal, simply because he isnt the CL squad list.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
No offense, but perhaps its time to stop overrating Zenit? They already lost and drawn the two home games they have had so far. They are quite capable of playing real good football, but havent exactly gotten the results, have they?

That said, dont think Juve will be that pumped up for this game, Italian teams dont give much of themselves when they are in comfortable position and have little to lose.

I just want Giovinco to play the two remaining CL games since they arent so vital to fuss over, Ranieri should give him that atleast. And that we rest 1 or 2 players, but not many, because half our squad are still injured, so we cant really rest much.
Overrating? Dont know really.....Im just basing my prediction on how the teams have been playing. Zenit was just unlucky in the first 3 matches vs Juve and Real and Bate. The unluck cannot continue forever...the breaking point will be tomorrow. You'll see what im talking about.;)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts