Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the winter mercato is (almost?) over and we had some movement time to look who stands where and what will the predictions be. Only top 3 will get CL ticket and 3rd place has to play in pre-rounds. This poll isnt about who wins the title, but who are the 3 teams in your opinion to qualify for next season CL. Not ruling out that Milan win the whole thing (CL) and therefore kick someone else out, it has happened before with Chelsea and Liverpool, but Balo cant play in CL so chances to make final are slim.

Mathematically a lot can still change so i will add even teams who arent quite there now.

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juventus and Napoli for sure. The third spot will be us or Inter. I'll go with us... ;)

So...

• Napoli
  • Juventus
  • Fiorentina
Home Points
Lazio
Catania
Juventus
Napoli
Fiorentina
Parma
Udinese
Inter
Milan
Chievo
Roma
Atalanta
Bologna
Siena
Sampdoria
Torino
Palermo
Pescara
Cagliari
Genoa

Away Points
Juventus
Napoli
Inter
Milan
Roma
Lazio
Torino
Fiorentina
Sampdoria
Udinese
Cagliari
Catania
Chievo
Genoa
Parma
Atalanta
Pescara
Bologna
Siena
Palermo

·
Registered
23,829 Posts
Not ruling out that Milan win the whole thing (CL) and therefore kick someone else out, it has happened before with Chelsea and Liverpool, but Balo cant play in CL so chances to make final are slim.
If we would win the UCL and finish below third then FOUR Italian teams will be in UCL next year. the new rules about this only limited teams down to a maximum of four, so none will be kicked out in this case.

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If we would win the UCL and finish below third then FOUR Italian teams will be in UCL next year. the new rules about this only limited teams down to a maximum of four, so none will be kicked out in this case.
Ok, but Balo wont play so not gona happen.

·
Registered
23,829 Posts
A barcelona plane crash is probably the only thing that would have made the possible.

I am hard pressed to decide on the subject matter though. Juve and Napoli seem pretty clear. While Lazio is on par right now to take another spot, it is hard to judge if any of the other underperforming teams can take it. Before the season I believed Inter to come third, but their form is far from impressive and they seem reliant on Militio. We are a bit after and overall dont have impressive play, but we have the best form and just for a transfer boost. Fiorentina might actually have showed the best play, but I don't think they will win enough games to make it and Jovetic is out of form.

by all that said, it feels like we have the best shot today.

·
Registered
23,829 Posts
Of interest; form table for the last 10 games:

1 AC Milan 10 7 2 1 21 12 +9 23
2 Lazio Roma 10 6 3 1 13 5 +8 21
3 Napoli 10 6 2 2 23 11 +12 20
4 Catania 10 6 1 3 16 12 +4 19
5 Juventus 10 5 3 2 17 6 +11 18
7 AS Roma 10 5 2 3 19 15 +4 17
12 Inter Milan 10 3 4 3 11 12 -1 13
14 Fiorentina 10 3 3 4 20 18 +2 12

·
Greta joke sharer
22,695 Posts
Juve, Napoli and Lazio, Milan or Fiorentina.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
It will be Juve, Napoli and Lazio as the most consistent teams this season.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Juventus and Napoli for sure.
Yea, neither team should be able to loose the current points advantage. Lazio has certainly played well enough to deserve it, but might crumble with a thin squad. Roma will not get there with Zeman. Fiorentinas form seems too poor for a challenge. So Inter, Milan or Lazio for 3rd. I am guessing Inter unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
All Milan has done is take advantage of an easy stretch of their schedule. They haven't beaten a top 10 side since Catania in Matchday 15. They've only played one top 10 side during that stretch, Roma, and got clobbered.

Now, you gotta beat the minnows to be successful, but they are going to have to show me they can play against decent sides before I give a minute of thought to them finishing top 3.

·
Registered
23,829 Posts
All Milan has done is take advantage of an easy stretch of their schedule. They haven't beaten a top 10 side since Catania in Matchday 15. They've only played one top 10 side during that stretch, Roma, and got clobbered.
so you are saying that in the last 7 games we only met one top side and lost that one? Which is also our only loss. Funny that you mentioned Catania as our last win against a big team since we beat champions Juventus just the week before. So in the last 9 rounds we beat two top teams and lost one... which still is our only loss in those rounds. Oh and before the Juve win we had a draw away at Napoli. Yup, we lost to you before that, but now I already proved that we have not gone up because we meet bad teams, in fact we were far behind everyone because we LOST those games early on.

So what are you really trying to say or are you just scared shitless that we have started winning.

·
Registered
10,041 Posts
I'm sceptical as well, though, regarding Milan vs. quality teams, and agree that we've been closing in on the top more because of a very easy schedule in January than due to good play. Apart from that quite lucky win against Juve, Allegri usually gets owned in the big matches; that was the case as well last season even if he had a much stronger squad at his disposal.

Therefore, I think Milan won't make it as we'll lose too many points against the likes of Napoli, Inter, Juve, Lazio and Fiorentina.

·
Registered
23,829 Posts
lol I said *exactly* what I was really trying to say.

I'll say it again, though. For clarity.

All Milan has done is take advantage of an easy stretch of their schedule.
and I refuted that clearly as our results this season hasn't varied depending on opponents as much as form.

·
Registered
68,890 Posts
Juve, Napoli for sure
I'm going with Milan for third but it was between them and Fiorentina. Don't see Lazio getting it and now they are in some poor form as well

1 - 20 of 92 Posts